Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? (13365 Views)

Poll: A wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?

A Wife: 65% (95 votes)
A Car: 23% (34 votes)
Undecided: 10% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hi dudes, before i got married which i have never regretted, i have had the opportunity of interacting with a couple of my colleagues(eligible bachelors)at my workplace who have always maintain that it is better to live a comfortable life with a posh car to go with it than getting married and settling down. To them, marriage is a capital expenditure that needed enough time and cash to enter into and as such, they have always have the notion that maintaining a home(A Wife and Children)is more expensive to maintaining a car.I have come to realise that apart from having to fuel their cars, most times they keep complaining of gearing problem, engine problem, the need to service their cars,battery problem, unbudgeted expenses as a result of a unexpected problems with their car that needed to be fix etc. . I would appreciate mature and robust contribution on this burning issue: "A Wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
the sad problem is that, with most people, if your car gives you too much trouble, you just get rid of it and get a new one.......sadly many married men cannot do the same with their wifey (as soon as there are children involved)

10 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by crackhouse(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2012
Which kain qweshion be that nah? Abeg no dey ask me that kain qweshion.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by TBD(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2012
I think woman is more trouble some than a car you can get a rid of car if it develop any fault but woman perticularly if children are involve.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by 190: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2012
Cars are usually ocassionally except maybe d monthly serving
I service my car every 17th and it alerts me on d 16th wit a special nortification on my dashboard maybe till it generates some other faults wich hardly happens
But for girlfriends - today hair money, clothes, rent, school fees, pad or tampoon, ice cream, suya, daily
God help u if u meet a Gold digger - she fit scrape your hair in2 Gorimapa

In essence cars я cheaper 2 maintain dan women

4 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by JojoArmani(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2012
wife offcourse. Now Guys compare car and human being (girl) in terms of expensives. Lol..... Hiding my face in shame for girls.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by 175(m): 11:56am On Jul 08, 2012
Wife. This is because even if u buy a new car, u can abandon d old one. But wife? U wil continue 2 manage n care for both d wifey, 2nd wifey/mistres/gf/concubine.

2 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Cleverley(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2012
Taaa! The wife that also contribute financially. Unless u are talking of house wives. Is ur wife jobless?

3 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by boyendowed(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2012
Depends on the wife.If you have a working class wife that earns good pay,then she will be more expensive to maintain than a car but if your wife is a housewife,then she will be more expensive to maintain.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by ektbear: 11:58am On Jul 08, 2012
A woman can do things that will bring you great happiness.

A car can't do these same things cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by pendo89(f): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2012
The day you start describing your wife in monetary terms is the day you start losing it.
You can't quantify emotions and convert them into monetary value.
The day you start seeing her as an expenditure/liability signals the beginning of trouble.
The day you start equating her to non living things is the beginning of failure.
You can't place human and non human things on the same scale and expect a fair judgement.
Everything is just wrong from a conscience point of view.

To be fair you should have compared a mistress with some girlfriend. Both are human.

14 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Rastamann: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2012
There is no basis for this comparison. Your wife is your other half, (remember that the two (you and your wife) shall become one) your companion and the two of you have become one while your car is just a luxury, so why compare a car with your wife? Having a bad wife is as troublesome as having a bad car but they both play different roles in a man's home and the wife is surely you.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by wandeay: 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
i would hav siad wife, but in some cases, if ur wife is working, you will hav less burden, but as for ur car(private), its a liability, you fuel it(mostly everyday), service it(@t least montly), you repair it(occasionally), in short, ur car consumes more money

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by wandeay: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
190: Cars are usually ocassionally except maybe d monthly serving
I service my car every 17th and it alerts me on d 16th wit a special nortification on my dashboard maybe till it generates some other faults wich hardly happens
But for girlfriends - today hair money, clothes, rent, school fees, pad or tampoon, ice cream, suya, daily
God help u if u meet a Gold digger - she fit scrape your hair in2 Gorimapa

In essence cars я cheaper 2 maintain dan women

wife, and not girlfriend, lol

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by r231(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
All of the above grin grin grin
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by coolzeal(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
I don't think a wife will be that expensive unless of course she's just a housewife and does nothing to bring income back home. An independent woman does not really require much money to maintain and many Nigerians want their wives to remain at home and take care of their kids = housewife... My thinking tho
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by rash47(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
With enough money in ur pocket, d two will be least of ur worries
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by vanstanzy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
paulostical2004: Hi dudes, before i got married which i have never regretted, i have had the opportunity of interacting with a couple of my colleagues(eligible bachelors)at my workplace who have always maintain that it is better to live a comfortable life with a posh car to go with it than getting married and settling down. To them, marriage is a capital expenditure that needed enough time and cash to enter into and maintain and as such, they keet insisting that maintaining a woman as a wife is more expensive as compared to maintaining a car.I have come to realise that apart from having to fuel their cars, most times they keep complaining of gearing problem, engine problem, the need to service their cars,battery problem, unbudgeted expenses as a result of a problem with their car that needed to be fix etc. . I would appreciate mature and robust contribution on this burning issue: "A Wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?
Guy this is a most misplaced priority. Pls don't compare a soul mete God has given to man with material, earthly things. There's just no connection at all. Pls no insult intended.

4 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by 190: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
Working or not working a wife is more expensive 2 maintain

Women demand monthly upkeep even gfs demand monthly upkeep

Upendo don't ur man spend over 50k on u per month despite u я workin

How much car wan chop - how much is shock absobers and brakepads
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by 190: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
wandeay:

wife, and not girlfriend, lol

They я same tin, its usually girlfriends in2 wives

Avnt u heard of Gold digger wives too
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
wandeay: i would hav siad wife, but in some cases, if ur wife is working, you will hav less burden, but as for ur car(private), its a liability, you fuel it(mostly everyday), service it(@t least montly), you repair it(occasionally), in short, ur car consumes more money

I totally agree wit you. These colleagues of my in question have come to realize how difficult it is to save for marriage as their is always a fault to fix at every point in time in their cars, coupled with the fact that driving a big car gives their relatives, friends and well wishers the impression that they are bust up which in reality is not the case.Their is also the problem of choosing a life partner as according to them most prospective spinsters out there are after their money because of their perceived social status.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by chyket(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
Please We can never compare a woman and a Car it's rather insulting to our womenfolk.How will you feel if your wife compares you to her handset?

3 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
My father once told me that,a marriage is an institution some1 can never graduate from,except he drops out.the fees is paid till death..with that on my mind,a woman is expensive to maintain,atleast u can abandon a car...
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by itoldu: 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
A wife is ur unpriceable possession. if you have to rate her as EXPENSIVE, i'm NOT sorry to say but your MARRIAGE is FINISHED .
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by timmy1999(m): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
Anytime discussion like this,is on, majority of response is from the men..I wonder if na boney men full for this nairaland..we need fleshy pple..I mean girls..
Abi na lie I talk
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by bigtt76(f): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Both are meant to be driven BUT the one you drive the most will cost you more to maintain so ...go figure!

3 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by pendo89(f): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
190: Working or not working a wife is more expensive 2 maintain

Women demand monthly upkeep even gfs demand monthly upkeep

Upendo don't ur man spend over 50k on u per month despite u я workin

How much car wan chop - how much is shock absobers and brakepads

Sorry. I pay all and I mean all my expenses out of my own pocket.I live within my means and am comfortable.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Softmojo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
You can decide to simple learn fro 1st hand experience. Invest ur money on your car and neglect your wife and children. In approx 20 to 30 years then you will know if you made the right or wrong choice.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Softmojo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
You can decide to simply learn from 1st hand experience. Invest ur money on your car and neglect your wife and children. In approx 20 to 30 years then you will know if you made the right or wrong choice.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Afam4eva(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
Cleverley: Taaa! The wife that also contribute financially. Unless u are talking of house wives. Is ur wife jobless?
Are you insinuating that housewives are jobless. So, managing the home is not a job abi. Why don't you try managing the home and see if you can keep up.

2 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by ebamma(m): 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
a car can lead u to your death,a woman can also lead u to your death.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by enemmo(f): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
Depends on how you look at it,You could marry your car,Then it would bear you children.
There is no basis for comparism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This Breastfeeding Or Bosom Display & I Wasn't Looking Too Much? / "Pastor" Kisses Women's Derrière So They Can Find Husbands (viewer's discretion) / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.