Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,264 members, 7,807,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Things That Annoy You On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things That Annoy You On Nairaland (15621 Views)

10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / 6 Things You Do That Annoy A Policeman on "Stop And Search" / Who Annoy You The Most On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Willzkid(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2012
These are some of the annoying things that people do on Nairaland
* quoting other people's full posts only to respond to a line or two of it
* quoting posts without actually commenting
*Sometimes I hate comments like "how did this make front page?", especially when the topics are good enough

I would also want seun to bring on "hate" tabs just like we have "like" tabs...And if we can see those who like or hate our posts, it will be more fun....Add urs, what annoys u on NL?

22 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2012
People assuming the world revolves around them and that they are the only group of people in the entire world.

4 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Willzkid(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2012
I'm humbled that Mrs. Chima graced my thread
I also hate it when ppl paste full list of viewers witout a cogent reason

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by hunter121: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2012
Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.
[img]http://www.free-coupon-codes.info/lol/ap.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.free-coupon-codes.info/non/or.jpg[/img]
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by spacewily: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
''People assuming the world revolves around
them'' - Sarcasm. Dude; please don't advocate ''Hate'' . Voting for a ''Hate-Tab'' would mean increasing the relavance of ''Hating'' . You either ''Like'' it or you ''Ignore'' it.

4 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Willzkid(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
@spacewilly, tanx 4 d points u raised
While we might not need the "hate" tabs, I guess we cld come up wit somtin to put some persons in check
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
People assuming the world revolves around them and that they are the only group of people in the entire world.

then you have no problem at all

@topic

[size=17pt]People should stop quoting full length articles because its worrisome for mobile users who have to scroll down to where they wanna read.
[/size]
Stop posting users online for no reason, makes it look like spamming and bots

Mod, please weigh some of these topics before putting it on homepage, some are just annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
The truth is "we are not brought-up the same way". So expect people to behave in different ways. YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY.

4 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Kockane(m): 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
I get angry wen pple quote an entire original post when posting replies to a topic. WTF? Why quote the entire post? To me, dats just the height of imbecility. angry

4 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by eledalo: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
[size=28pt]BEAF[/size]

31 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by eledalo: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Emmaesty(f): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
What annoys me on Nl is the way people talk. If they are trying to make a point they will insult other users and at the end of it all they are making no sense at all. I also hate it when someone will quote a very very very long post and reply it with a single line.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by adora4u1: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
Trying to be the first to comment and NEVER making it! That is very annoying!!!

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
undecided
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Smallville4live(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
I hate it when people just throw insult at people without no good reasons at all. No one forced you to comment on any post, just because you have the internet you just decide to do anyhow with it. Pls stop it.
Some matters are important but you can see people giving nonsense response to it.
Same we do to others, that's what others will do to you own thread too. Do what you will like others to do to you. Its that simple.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by DICKtator: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
^^^^
cry

cry
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
CallmePROF: The truth is "we are not brought-up the same way". So expect people to behave in different ways. YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY.

A point well summarized!
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Dt03(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
When i see in some thread that this post has been hidden. It infuriates me

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by alaoeri: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
Abusive and insultives words when replying a post.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by boyendowed(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
Tribalism is one thing I find annoying on nairaland.Some moderators are also too overzealous and vindictive.That's annoying too

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by bamosagie(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
Reading a post like this that remind me of everything I don't like about nairaland
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
I hate it wen some posters, not knowin wot to post on ur thrend, just post rubbish!!
It freaks me out!!!
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
eledalo: [size=28pt]BEAF[/size]

Fake Or Original?
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Lordave: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
I don't think nothing can annoy u more like when people refuse to comment on a topic u raised.

12 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by slimyem: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
Nairaland especially Romance section has stopped been a place where you can bare your opinions straight and plain because of the highly biased moderators in charge!

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
adora4u1: Trying to be the first to comment and NEVER making it! That is very annoying!!!

Very annoying......
what abt what freecocoa just did?
Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
I detest when some people try to use ''big grammar'' that doesn't make sense just to show off. Simple and correct English does the magic.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by koolJ1(f): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Without repeating any of d above, I hate it when ppl 'speak greek in english' that is, there is no grammatical coherence to their sentence. In one thread, one dude replied to a person guilty of this 'speak english please'...lol

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Coefficient(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
Well, I hate it when a group of people decide to turn a beautiful thread to their chat room as in the case of that splendid thread in the romance section: 'Share your craziest, sexiest, funniest experience on Nairaland'. That interesting thread lost its appeal, no thanks to those chit-chatters.

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You On Nairaland by Odunnu: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
eledalo: [size=28pt]BEAF[/size]
Lmao. Una no go kill me aswearigad.
Na so una dey take fail exam. Question is 'what are the things' and NOT 'WHO?'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Easter Celebration: Lagos Lifts Order On Restristion Of Movement / At Your Age, Which Animal Are You Scared Of? / Help: My Longi Prepaid Meter Is Not Supplying Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.