Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,446 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (9686 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
There are five important facts to remember about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Organization.

1. They have accepted the Organization as the Prophet of God.

2. They have accepted the Organization as God's sole channel for His truth.

3. They believe that to reject the Organization is to reject God.

4. They believe that only the Organization can interpret the Bible; as individuals they are unable to do so.

5. They believe the Watchtower Magazine contains God's truth, directed by Him, through the Organization.

What does the Organization and Watchtower Magazine teach that is in conflict with Orthodox Christianity?

1. That Jesus is a created being/a creature.

2. That Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel

3. That Jesus was not resurrected bodily, but as a spirit being.

4. That Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 (secretly to the Organization)

5. That Jesus was only a man when on earth, not the Word Become flesh.

6. That the Holy Spirit is only an active force, not the person of God.

7. That Hell is simply the grave.

7. That Heaven's doors is open to only 144,000.

8. That the majority of Witnesses must remain on earth.

9. That salvation is found only through the Organization.

10. That it must be maintained by energetic works for the Organization until the end when one may merit eternal life on a paradise earth.

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine.

They deny:

1. The Omnipresence of God.

2. The Deity of Christ.

3. The bodily resurrection of Christ.

4. The visible return of Christ.

5. The Promise of Heaven to all believers.

6. The necessity of the New Birth for all believers.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by cyrexx: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2012
[size=14pt]But for all of their teachings they can cite the specific chapter and verse of the scriptures that justifies them, just like you can cite scriptures that justify your own beliefs too....[/size]
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2012
cyrexx: [size=14pt]But for all of their teachings they can cite the specific chapter and verse of the scriptures that justifies them, just like you can cite scriptures that justify your own beliefs too....[/size]

what do you know about the JWs.

Atheists are obssessed with religious topics about a GOD they do not believe in.

what shameless hypocrisy grin
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by cyrexx: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
frosbel:

what do you know about the JWs.

Atheists are obssessed with religious topics about a GOD they do not believe in.

what shameless hypocrisy grin

you dont need to attack me needlessly and unprovoked. show some class pls.

this is a religious topic that caught my fancy, is anything wrong with that?

while GOD may or may not exist, religions do exists and we can examine it together, thats not obsession, its just a hobby.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by ijawkid(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
But I thought u urself recently concluded that HELL is d common grave of mankind...

Or have u been hallucinating lately??

Was it not u that recently argued tooth and nail with ola and many others that Hell is not a place of torment but Hades??
How does that ur new found knowledge differ with that which d witnesses believe in??

Frosbel it seems u'v become so confused as to what u believe and advocate.....

Jehovahs witnesses dnt believe in d immortality of d soul which I know and which u recently just knew....

Put it up there in ur list.......

U will use those hands and mouth to come bak to back up those teachings up there ur fighting against....

Soonest!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its gonna be gradual.....

1st its ur change of understanding as regards Hell...

2ndly is ur change of understanding regarding d immortality of d soul....

Other changes are coming my bro.......

If Jesus wasn't fully a man on earth he wouldn't die my bro...
Acquire some common sense.....

If Jesus was God bodily he would nt die,he would not forget when d world would end,he will not worship some1 else...

He wouldn't be called the son of man,......

What do u tink d word ""SON of MAN"" means??

The Jehovahs witnesses have always been right on this issue.....

I espouse there stand on it.......

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by cyrexx: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid: But I thought u urself recently concluded that HELL is d common grave of mankind...

Was it not u that recently argued tooth and nail with ola and many others that Hell is not a place of torment but Hades??
How does that ur new found knowledge differ with that which d witnesses believe in??

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by cyrexx: 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
I am waiting for Mr Truthislight to come and post here too.
he and Ijawkid seems to grab a more realistic understanding of the bible.

cool cool cool cool
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
cyrexx: I am waiting for Mr Truthislight to come and post here too.
he and Ijawkid seems to grab a more realistic understanding of the bible.

cool cool cool cool

Another GOD obsessed atheist grin
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid: But I thought u urself recently concluded that HELL is d common grave of mankind...

Hades or Hell as translated by the KJV ,is indeed the common grave of mankind.

Hell aka Lake of Fire is the final destiny of the wicked who will be destroyed once and for all, so no eternal torment as some so wrongly assume.

Agree

Jehovahs witnesses dnt believe in d immortality of d soul which I know and which u recently just knew....

Only GOD is immortal and he will give immortality only to the righteous

Put it up there in ur list.......

U will use those hands and mouth to come bak to back up those teachings up there ur fighting against....

God forbid.

Soonest!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its gonna be gradual.....

1st its ur change of understanding as regards Hell...

I have debated JWs for over 10 years and they have not convinced me on the validity of most of their doctrines.

2ndly is ur change of understanding regarding d immortality of d soul....

No change here friend

If Jesus wasn't fully a man on earth he wouldn't die my bro...
Acquire some common sense.....

If Jesus was God bodily he would nt die,he would not forget when d world would end,he will not worship some1 else...

He wouldn't be called the son of man,......

Ask God for wisdom

What do u tink d word ""SON of MAN"" means??

Son of MAN

The Jehovahs witnesses have always been right on this issue.....

I espouse there stand on it.......

JW is a cult friend.

Except you be BORN again you shall not see the kingdom of GOD.

New International Version (©1984)
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." - John 3:3
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by zikalike: 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
@frosbel: you mean that God is the son of man? Wait First,you mean say u go fit Born God?
BLASPHEMY!
This intolerable level of fanatical christianity will only lead to u 2no where.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
zikalike: @frosbel: you mean that God is the son of man? Wait First,you mean say u go fit Born God?
BLASPHEMY!
This intolerable level of fanatical christianity will only lead to u 2no where.

JW friend, all of your brothers are running away from my questions , maybe you can help them :

1. Did Jesus pre-exist before he came as a man to die for our sins ?

2. If yes, what did he pre-exist as , an angel , spirit or

Waiting
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by zikalike: 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
U seem2 label any1 who differ from you as JW.(u probably ddnt notice u did it2 anoda forumit)

Bt honestly,i feel flaterd when u cal me a JW (kz i wana b like dem)

Make i give u my own assignment:
1. What is d difrence b/w 'spirit'& a spiritperson?
2.what is difrenc b/w soul & spirit?

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
zikalike: U seem2 label any1 who differ from you as JW.(u probably ddnt notice u did it2 anoda forumit)

Bt honestly,i feel flaterd when u cal me a JW (kz i wana b like dem)

Make i give u my own assignment:
1. What is d difrence b/w 'spirit'& a spiritperson?
2.what is difrenc b/w soul & spirit?

Did I call you a JW or JW Brothers ?

But you have answered my question with 2 more questions grin

My brother, you guys should read the bible again or use a bible search tool on-line , then come back with the answers and we will continue.

Don't ask me questions when you cannot provide feedback to 2 simple questions.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by true2god: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
i have vouch not to discus jw issues but i just culdnt stand their blatant falsehood as their light keep brighter and brighter. The truth of today, to a jw, might become false tomorrow in the next edition of watchtower magazine. While attacking the nazi's for persecuting dem in ww2 in almost all their watchtower magazines, for not assistin in the war efort, they neva mention the allied forces persecutin dem as well cos nazis lost the ww2. If d nazis had won, the watchtowr write-up on ww2 incidence would have been the opposite. This is pure hypocricy perfectly crafted to brainwash most jw without questioning. And if u dare question too much u will be disfellowshiped and finally shunned for challengin any wrong watchtower teachin. May God let mature men reason well.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by realBerni: 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
@t
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by thehomer: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2012
Ironically, these positions are easy to defend using the Bible and reason if one of course first accepts some of their own premises. Let me demonstrate this.

frosbel: There are five important facts to remember about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Organization.

1. They have accepted the Organization as the Prophet of God.

2. They have accepted the Organization as God's sole channel for His truth.

3. They believe that to reject the Organization is to reject God.

4. They believe that only the Organization can interpret the Bible; as individuals they are unable to do so.

5. They believe the Watchtower Magazine contains God's truth, directed by Him, through the Organization.

There is nothing strange about this. The Catholic Church actually does something very similar. They have the Pope who is considered infallible etc. At least, the Jehovah's Witnesses defer to a group and not just one unelected man.

frosbel:
What does the Organization and Watchtower Magazine teach that is in conflict with Orthodox Christianity?

1. That Jesus is a created being/a creature.

If Jesus wasn't created, then how could there have been only one God?

frosbel:
2. That Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel

I'm unsure about this.

frosbel:
3. That Jesus was not resurrected bodily, but as a spirit being.

This makes more sense than a body walking through walls after it is dead which it couldn't do while it was alive.

frosbel:
4. That Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 (secretly to the Organization)

This is not strange in Christian circles. Do you remember Harold Camping?

frosbel:
5. That Jesus was only a man when on earth, not the Word Become flesh.

It makes more sense than him being both human and God at the same time in the same place.

frosbel:
6. That the Holy Spirit is only an active force, not the person of God.

Have you considered that their conception of a spirit is different from yours?

frosbel:
7. That Hell is simply the grave.

That would be more consistent with a God who doesn't want to see people suffer.

frosbel:
7. That Heaven's doors is open to only 144,000.

Says so in the Bible.

frosbel:
8. That the majority of Witnesses must remain on earth.

Of course. Who else will a New Earth be for?

frosbel:
9. That salvation is found only through the Organization.

If they were right, that would be true.

frosbel:
10. That it must be maintained by energetic works for the Organization until the end when one may merit eternal life on a paradise earth.

Why else do other churches have workers?

frosbel:
The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine.

They deny:

1. The Omnipresence of God.

Does God really need to be omnipresent if he is already omniscient and omnipotent?

frosbel:
2. The Deity of Christ.

Christ cannot have been both God and man at the same time in the same place. It is logically contradictory.

frosbel:
3. The bodily resurrection of Christ.

Explained above.

frosbel:
4. The visible return of Christ.

That would be the logical conclusion since they believe his reign has begun.

frosbel:
5. The Promise of Heaven to all believers.

Remember that some people are supposed to live on the New Earth so it is reasonable to conclude that they will be believers.

frosbel:
6. The necessity of the New Birth for all believers.

What do you mean by "New Birth"? Last time I checked, they take their baptisms seriously.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by duke4ever: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2012
true2god: i have vouch not to discus jw issues but i just culdnt stand their blatant falsehood as their light keep brighter and brighter. The truth of today, to a jw, might become false tomorrow in the next edition of watchtower magazine. While attacking the nazi's for persecuting dem in ww2 in almost all their watchtower magazines, for not assistin in the war efort, they neva mention the allied forces persecutin dem as well cos nazis lost the ww2. If d nazis had won, the watchtowr write-up on ww2 incidence would have been the opposite. This is pure hypocricy perfectly crafted to brainwash most jw without questioning. And if u dare question too much u will be disfellowshiped and finally shunned for challengin any wrong watchtower teachin. May God let mature men reason well.
why let your emotion and hate eat you up? Is this how to reason? Are you mature at all? Tufia!
How does this nonesense concern the topic aunmanu?
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by duke4ever: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2012
@thehomer, thanks for answering that dude. Let him come again we are waiting.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by duke4ever: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2012
find out anything about Jehovah's witnesses from here www.watchtower.org , www.jw-media.org . All their teachings are bible based. It is as simple as that.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by tobechi74: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2012
Personaly, i dnt like criticising religion. We have d right to our various doctrine and dogmas.

One doctrine that touchd me is d disbelief in use of blood. A jehovah witnes mother watching her son die when BLOOD was needed to save d child life. TO ME, THAT IS SECOND CLASS MURDER
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2012
cyrexx: [size=14pt]But for all of their teachings they can cite the specific chapter and verse of the scriptures that justifies them, just like you can cite scriptures that justify your own beliefs too....[/size]
True..when im fully i go give this page correct answer.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by buzugee(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2012
jehovah wickedness
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: jehovah wickedness
Shut It Chief grin ..they teach from Jehovah's word.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by buzugee(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
mkmyers45: Shut It Chief grin ..they teach from Jehovah's word.
i dont doubt that seeing as jehovah is a demon. they teach from a demons word. the letter J only was formed like 500 years ago so christs name was not jehovah. so whomever called jehovah that they are worshipping is some hippy blonde haired white demon grin grin
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: i dont doubt that seeing as jehovah is a demon. they teach from a demons word. the letter J only was formed like 500 years ago so christs name was not jehovah. so whomever called jehovah that they are worshipping is some hippy blonde haired white demon grin grin
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: i dont doubt that seeing as jehovah is a demon. they teach from a demons word. the letter J only was formed like 500 years ago so christs name was not jehovah. so whomever called jehovah that they are worshipping is some hippy blonde haired white demon grin grin
grin grin
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
No, they teach from the 'Bible' Chief and their Jesus was white hung on a tree grin grin grin
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by cyrexx: 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
tobechi74: Personaly, i dnt like criticising religion. We have d right to our various doctrine and dogmas.

One doctrine that touchd me is d disbelief in use of blood. A jehovah witnes mother watching her son die when BLOOD was needed to save d child life. TO ME, THAT IS SECOND CLASS MURDER

too bad,
thats what religious dogma does to a human brain
another example is muslim that slaughters a fellow human and shout allahu akbar i.e. god is great
or a fundamental christians who sees nothing wrong with eternal torture in hell fire
you see, a good man do good deeds and a bad man do bad deeds but only religion can make a good man do bad deeds,
just like the JW woman or boko haram people

just activate your reasoning mode for a few seconds and look at religion objectively
and see why few of us reject religion totally.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by buzugee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
mkmyers45: No, they teach from the 'Bible' Chief and their Jesus was white hung on a tree grin grin grin
you are right Chief. they teach from a bible. however the understanding of the words in the bible are closed to demons, as such they will always mis-interpret it for it is not for them to know the secrets of the word.
isaiah 29 vs 11[b] And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:[/b]

isaiah 6 vs 9[b] And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see you indeed, but perceive no[/b]

2 timothy 3 vs 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: you are right Chief. they teach from a bible. however the understanding of the words in the bible are closed to demons, as such they will always mis-interpret it for it is not for them to know the secrets of the word.
isaiah 29 vs 11[b] And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:[/b]

isaiah 6 vs 9[b] And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see you indeed, but perceive no[/b]

2 timothy 3 vs 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
huh? I dont get it they decieve from the word?
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Niflheim(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
@frosbel,they once predicted the end of the world in the 70s but obviously nothing happened.they claim that they are in direct contact with god but sadly,there is no network.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by mkmyers45(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
Niflheim: @frosbel,[b]they once predicted the end of the world in the 70s but obviously nothing happened.[/b]they claim that they are in direct contact with god but sadly,there is no network.
do you have any links to this claim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked / If I Were An Atheist / Pastor chris: Use The Name Of Jesus With Understanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.