Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (46107 Views)

Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon / 2015 Toyota War: Camry Vs Corolla Vs Avensis (2015) / 2013 Nissan Altima VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord (Pics), What Is Your Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Toppie2(f): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
Which would you prefer and why: Toyota Camry or Avalon? I need urgent answers please. Thanks.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Toppie2(f): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
Any idea?? Anyone??
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 08, 2012
Which model yrs do U̶̲̥̅̊ have in mind?
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Toppie2(f): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2012
platinumricky: Which model yrs do U̶̲̥̅̊ have in mind?
2003!
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Prestonvic(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
Go for the avalon, its more technologically adanced, sexier interior, more power etc. Though a litle more expensive in maintenance but d parts last longer than the camry,s. I love the ride, its for the biggest boyz hahaha...
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Toppie2(f): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
Thanks 4 ur response prestonvic. I'm actualy not the one buying, jst asking for a friend....but, more expensive in maintenance? Are you serious! I've never thought it could be!
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 09, 2012
The camry uses a scaled down version of the avalon's platform and both share a lot of driveline components (technically, the avalon is a bigger,heavier camry with a much more upscale interior,more standard equipment and softer suspension settings). The body panels cost a lil more than the camry's and the avalon's running cost is marginally higher...the camry is much more engaging to drive though.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by pok0508: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2012
I love the ride, its for the biggest boyz hahaha...[img]http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
Camry all the way but you can go for Lexus though.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Ficco(m): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Toppié2:
2003!
Avalon 2003 can only be compared to Camry 2007. So Avalon is a high class ride in all ramifications. Superior interior, V6 engine, rogued,high performance and sexy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2012
Avalon is of a higher class than the Camry
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by egift(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
Avalon all the way. . .

Some features on a 2005 Avalon are unavailable on a 2011 Camry. . .

7 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
I love AVALON!!!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by calculusx(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
OP if you later settled for Toyota Avalon, don't forget to change the 2 side mirrors to a smaller type except if you won't use it in Lagos. Most people i know using avalon in lagos change their side mirrors because of okada and danfo drivers

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Tyche(m): 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
If financially buoyant, Avalon, otherwise camry.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by specimenx(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
I.ve always envied d avalon
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
If you mean Toyota Camry 2007 upward(muscle), then it beats Avalan anyday(at least in my own books). But if it's 2006 backward(Big Daddy abi wetin dem dey call am) I will take Avalon

Altogether, Camry has better second hand value and more rugged. Avalon looks loose after usage for like 2 years.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by jcube83: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
I luv d avalon buddy, xcept 4 d maitenance budget wich wil alway com by, d sleeky luxury is worth it.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by jcube83: 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Jarus: If you mean Toyota Camry 2007 upward(muscle), then it beats Avalan anyday(at least in my own books). But if it's 2006 backward(Big Daddy abi wetin dem dey call am) I will take Avalon

Altogether, Camry has better second hand value and more rugged. Avalon looks loose after usage for like 2 years.

den edit ur books now, third and fourth generation class of avalon stand 2 beats camry in engine power, design, 2nd hand use. go confirm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Abali1(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Op, I will advice you go for the Avalon. As a user of Avalon 2003, I don't think there is much cost in the maintenance.
Also, I know of a friend who have used the Camry Big Daddy, but has to switch to Avalon after a while and he is also enjoying the ride.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Abeyjide: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ficco:
Avalon 2003 can only be compared to Camry 2007. So Avalon is a high class ride in all ramifications. Superior interior, V6 engine, rogued,high performance and sexy..

Der are some camry with good interior,V6 engine.XLE model.my friend jst bought one and is very good.saying dis cos of d cost of avalon.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2012
Avalon all the way.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by doofanc: 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
Abeyjide:

Der are some camry with good interior,V6 engine.XLE model.my friend jst bought one and is very good.saying dis cos of d cost of avalon.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Vickivicki(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
I'v been using 2000 model avalon since '09 which i'v over enjoyd n av been askin myself why change a winning team. Another 2003 model like your friend's is cooking,maintenance cost is overhyped just like if education is xpensive .............. fil in the gap. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by duality(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
every avalon beats its corresponding model of camry

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by KA24DETT(m): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2012
Avalon is an UPPER VERSION of camry.. So it beats it in all ramifications. Better interior and everything.. You can still get a camry suit up to avalon level but it is still not an avalon.
Drive both of them and compare...

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by knotty(m): 12:11am On Jul 10, 2012
Hey, Pally, just kuku proceed to get yourself a cozy Pagani Zonda and never have to bother yourself or US with little comparisons.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by walcolm(m): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2012
Toppié2: Which would you prefer and why: Toyota Camry or Avalon? I need urgent answers please. Thanks.

i have used 2 models of Camry and its an awesome machine but i will take an Avalon over a Camry...the Avalon has the same engine but is roomier and quieter

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by d7thcaller: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2012
calculusx: OP if you later settled for Toyota Avalon, don't forget to change the 2 side mirrors to a smaller type except if you won't use it in Lagos. Most people i know using avalon in lagos change their side mirrors because of okada and danfo drivers
@ Calculusx, you need to see how I avoid this keke na pepe, okada riders and even some motorists cos of my side mirriors. One keke na pepe driver even broken one of my sisde mirrors and it cost me N26k to buy and fix a new one. I think that changing the side mirrors might not look beautiful on the car.

I will choose Avalon to Camry anytime anywhere though Avalon's fuel consumptions appears to be higher but its efficiency and classic and roomy interior beats that of Camry. Avalon's effizy too much.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by udoka2: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2012
7thcaller
ours was also broken by a danfo driver.. we had to change to a smaller and "bendable" one. the side mirrors are one of the beauty of avalon...but we are not regreting changing them, to avoid future damage and cost of replacement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by obongtunji: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2012
Please go for Avalon.........lop

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas (photos) / 10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / Ladies Damage Their Cheating Boyfriends Cars (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.