Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Tribal Marks Across Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tribal Marks Across Africa (15989 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 08, 2012
From the Yoruba people of Nigeria to the Karrayyu people of Ethiopia.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2012
Miss Binki Mama, Karrayyu girl, Ethiopia

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 08, 2012
Yoruba Woman from Nigeria.

The thing about Yoruba tribal marks is that they come in different size, length and shapes depending region.

It was once a form of identity.

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2012
Fulani man (Nigeria)

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 08, 2012
Yoruba woman

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 08, 2012
Woman from a Shaigyiah tribe. They are living in Marawi,Nuri,Al Kurru,Jebel Barkal..in northern Sudan.

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 08, 2012
Girls from Falata Uda tribe...Eastern Sudan

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 08, 2012
Yoruba, almost looks like a Fulani tribal mark

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 08, 2012
Woman from the Nuer tribe, located in South Sudan and western Ethiopia.

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 08, 2012
Bor Dinka, South Sudan
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 08, 2012
Datoga tribe women of Tanzania

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 08, 2012
Yoruba woman from Nigeria. What a beauty!

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 08, 2012
Yoruba (single horizontal mark)

[img]http://bunmiodunowo.files./2010/07/funke.jpg?w=450&h=675[/img]
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Ijebulogic(m): 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Yoruba (single horizontal mark)

[img]http://bunmiodunowo.files./2010/07/funke.jpg?w=450&h=675[/img]

Not bad...a bit of MAC foundation and she's sorted!
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ijebulogic:

Not bad...a bit of MAC foundation and she's sorted!

She's "sorted" the way she is.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by OldHag: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
They all look beautiful with their tribal marks.I need to get me a tribal mark too.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
I hate tribal marks, especially Ila Ibadan and the ones fulani and hausa people wear. Tufiakwa.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva: I hate tribal marks, especially Ila Ibadan and the ones fulani and hausa people wear. Tufiakwa.

aww what a shame. And here I was praying that you've give your children one of those simple one-line tribal marks.

I love the Fulani ones, they're so artistic.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

aww what a shame. And here I was praying that you've give your children one of those simple one-line tribal marks.

I love the Fulani ones, they're so artistic.
So, face don turn to canvass wey i go just dey draw something untop abi? Abegi, the day my children will ask that i give them a tribal mark is the day i tell them that i'm not their real father grin.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
So, face don turn to canvass wey i go just dey draw something untop abi? Abegi, the day my children will ask that i give them a tribal mark is the day i tell them that i'm not their real father grin.

Tribal marks if done in moderation are quite hot. It accentuates beauty.

My favorite tribal marks; single and double horizontal/vertical lines.

for ex:

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
The triple mark next to her eyes are so gorgeous, all my daughter are getting that grin
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
All the people that i know who have tribal marks are regretting the day they got it and all of them are trying as much as possible to remove. Go and ask KIng Sunny Ade how he's being trying to remove that scar from his face.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva: All the people that i know who have tribal marks are regretting the day they got it and all of them are trying as much as possible to remove. Go and ask KIng Sunny Ade how he's being trying to remove that scar from his face.

LOL Wow the weed you smoked must be highly expensive. I trust you nau.
First of all, your claim of "everybody" cannot be validated. And when did Sunny Ade tried to remove his scar?
All the people I know with tribal marks likes it, if the marks are in moderation.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Afam4eva(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Wow the weed you smoked must be highly expensive. I trust you nau.
First of all, your claim of "everybody" cannot be validated. And when did Sunny Ade tried to remove his scar?
All the people I know with tribal marks likes it, if the marks are in moderation.
Look at KSA's face in the 90s and compare to his face today and tell me you don't notice the difference. He's succeded in reducing it to the barest minimum.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Look at KSA's face in the 90s and compare to his face today and tell me you don't notice the difference. He's succeded in reducing it to the barest minimum.

Post his before and after pictures.

And plz you failed to answer my question about KING Sunny Ade.
Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
My daughters will be rocking this grin

Yoruba woman

Re: Tribal Marks Across Africa by Ptolomeus(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva: All the people that i know who have tribal marks are regretting the day they got it and all of them are trying as much as possible to remove. Go and ask KIng Sunny Ade how he's being trying to remove that scar from his face.

It is possible, I do not know.
Certainly Africans circumcised do not think a reverse process.
I understand that integration into a Western society, with such marks can lead to discrimination. But discrimination can give marks for the different language, or the color ...
The presence or absence of marks ensures that there is no discrimination. The xenophobic always find some reason, regardless of marcks.
I see in Africa a deep sense of inferiority to the white and especially to Europe. The trademarks, playing a role at the time, now play another. I see with disgust, that inferiority complex, this need Europeanised, that taste for wanting to be what in reality is impossible to be.
I feel sorry for the permanent sense of dependence and slavery of some Africans, for having forgotten their own roots and culture.
Some say that slavery is over, but the chains are not yet broken, and no heavier than l chains as that self is placed.
I hope I have offended anyone.
My sincere compliments.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States / Osole Owo Todaju / Court Orders Osun CP To Arrest Oluwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.