Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons (11763 Views)

10 Feared Dead, Houses Set Ablaze As Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attacks On Borno / 97 Killed In Boko Haram’s Fresh Attacks In Borno Mosque. / 20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by cynthiasmart(f): 5:22am On Jul 08, 2012
Police evacuates women, children to safe grounds, many residence displaced.

Not less than twenty two persons were reportedly killed in an attack before dawn early Saturday in Gashish District, Barkin Ladi Local government area of Plateau State where nine villages were invaded by unknown gunmen.

The casualties included mostly women, children and the aged. The gunmen were said to have divided themselves into five groups with each group taking on one village.

Eye witness said the gunmen were dressed in bullet-proof vest and army camouflage color. A mobile policeman who is a member of the Special Task Force (STF) was said to have lost his life in the attack.

Source said the police had to evacuate hundreds of women and children from Nyar village for fear of he attackers returning at night. One of the police who would not want to be named said, “What is happening here is beyond our power, we don’t have enough men to protect all the villages, so we have to evacuate people from some villages to the local government headquarters so that we have fewer villages to keep vigil, because we don’t know what may happen at night”

A victim in Barkin Ladi general hospital, Serah Dauda said, “While the attack was on at night, no soldier came for our rescue and they are everywhere in Barkin Ladi, it was the mobile police that came to help the people, this made be suspect the soldier in this very attack”

A man who lost his wife in the attack, Abel Dangyang said, “I don’t see the value of the soldier said to be posted to restore peace, this is frustrating, we sent distress calls to the STF since 4am after our escape, but the soldier never came until the attacker did what they wanted, can you imagine the STF helicopter came to Barkin Ladi by 9:30am long after the attacker had finished their business and fled”

Member representing Barkin Ladi in the Plateau state House of Assembly Hon Gyang Fulani said, “Nine villages in my constituency were attacked simultaneously by unknown gunmen. I’m yet to get any detail from security agencies, but my people told me the gunmen were armed with sophisticated weapons and invaded the people in their sleep. I have confirmed nine people killed in Kakuruk village, another eight were killed in Ruk. These are the ones I saw with my eyes, there could be more, the security agencies will give the confirmed figure because I saw them collecting information right there, though people complain they came too late to the scene.

The combined efforts of the soldiers and the police found it tough to contain violence reaction by youths in the area who set burn fire on main road and were raining causes on members of the STF as not giving them enough protection by preventing such attacks.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/53100-jos-again-22-killed-in-fresh-attack.html
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Icocop101(m): 5:47am On Jul 08, 2012
SURELY, the wicked must not go unpunished. May God deliver and protect this nation NIGERIA, and may the souls of the faithful departed,rest in peace. Amen!
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by mymen(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2012
It is only God Almighty can help us in this very wicked world. I don't know how Jonathan can cleanse this land alone. Nothing is working in this country, may God help us.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by gegee(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2012
Hmmmmmm peoples husbands,fathers,brothers,wives,children,mothers,uncles and aunties turned to mere statistics. I don tire for this kind tin sef.e be like say human life don loose value finish for this country
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2012
I wonder how ppl survive in that Nigeria.

Must suck living in a world where one is not certain if tomorrow will exist. A country of cowards ran by clowns and committees of clowns.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by wandeay: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2012
am tired of all dis, let dem retaliate, if they retaliate 3-4 occasions, it wil stop, mtcheeew, killing humans like animal, Bleep them
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Eazeee(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2012
those bastard hausa fulani from neighbouring Bauchi & Gombe at it again! my people y not shift d batle ground 2 dia door steps by also invading dia villages? a Tiv man canot take such nonsense 4rom dos bastards without paying dem back. Kaduna has force dem 2 retreat because dey know d repercussion of dia attacks so y not do same by invading d enemies of peace?
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by boyendowed(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Must suck living in a world where one is not certain if tomorrow will exist. A country of cowards ran by clowns and committees of clowns.

That's the reality of life in Nigeria.How can crimes like these stop when perpetrators are never punished?The people that massacred those youth corpers are still walking around freely
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2012
Nawa oooo
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by manugbo(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2012
PLATAEU YOUTH SHOULD MOBILIZE THEMSELVES AND FIGHT THOSE USELESS FULANI MEN

I THINK IM GETTING IRRITATED BY THOSE KIND OF STORIES
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by alexola20(m): 9:25am On Jul 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Eazeee(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2012
mymen: It is only God Almighty can help us in this very wicked world. I don't know how Jonathan can cleanse this land alone. Nothing is working in this country, may God help us.

my friend God gave u d power,weapons & evry oda tin 4 defence against ur enEmies & d best form of defense is ATTACK. untill u attack ur enemies if not u wont hav peace. datz exactly how Israel has been curtailing dos beast practising d religion of violence if Isreal was 2 adopt ur ITS ONLY GOD DAT CAN DELIVER US ATTITUDE,it wud hav long been wiped out. God has given u every tin @ ur disposal 4 survival broda. just wake up

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Wadasco(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2012
This wickedly action of killing inocent don tire me oo.. But let us see which action will be taken by Mr president
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Lordave: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2012
God 4 the sake of your son Jesus, pls deliver this people 4rm hands of this Phillistines.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Tyche(m): 9:37am On Jul 08, 2012
What a sad way to die. But military camo and bullet proof vest? Na wa ooo.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by amosy007: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

f0ol why dnt u ask google

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by freecocoa(f): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2012
Hmm is all i can mutter.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by alaoeri: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2012
What's the gain of these monsters turning ppl into refugees in their own soil, fully armed and dress in camouflage army colour over powered the STF killing innocent civilians more or less like liberia or sierra leone, if this situation keep deteriorating i pity ppl living in those trouble northern state bcuz with time northern nigeria 'll turns to war zone.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by ebamma(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2012
i suspect that the soldiers stationed there have a hand in this dastardly act.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by kiyosaki1(m): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2012
The defenders and the loudspeakers of the government of the day will soon come up with various explanations,even blaming their perceived political enemies that are not even commanding ordinary Civil defence not to talk of the SS and the army. It seems to baffle me how on earth this menace is still around rearing its ugly head, and each time and innocent citizen die due to our leaders negligence, they should be rest assure that such innocent blood shed is preventable if they had done the right thing. As I'm writing these piece am shedding tears for these generation because like somebody rightly said is a wasted generation.Please can anyone help me tell the C inC that the title is more than parading in ceremonial military uniforms and deployments of amour tank soldiers and state security after innocent citizens airing their disapproval towards their often ill advised and disgusting policies. But should rather deploy their arsenal toward addressing their incompetence.We are tired of hearing how the government is really trying hard to combat these cancer called boko haram which is daily destroying life and properties .Leaders and their cohorts that do not take seriously the protection of the precious life of his subjects are worse than an infidel
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Technocracy: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2012
I WONDER WHY THE PEOPLE OF BARKIN -LADI WILL NOT WANT TO ADOPT THE MEASURE LANTANG LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA USED TO WIPE OUT THE WHOLE OF HAUSA-FULANI IN THEIR SOIL, THIS PEOPLE ARE BLOOD THIRSTY MONGRELS, WHO THEIR RELIGIONS ENCOURAGE THEM TO WIPE OUT OUT INFIDELS, MY SINCERE SYMPATHY TO ALL OF U IN BARKIN-LADI, I SUGGEST U GO TO LANGTANG AND CONSULT WITH THE GENERALS OF LANTANG TO ADVICE U ON WHAT TO DO, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORN, DONT FORGET SOUTHERN KADUNA HAVE RELATIVE PEACE NOW.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by gurujoe(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2012
until d real indegene of plataeu state declare total war against dese ewusa/fulani. I don't tink dey wil knw peace. U pple (plataeu) shld face d reality b4 u go into dianaseur way. Where ar d likes of gowon, damjuma etc in al dese kilin. U guy shd show yr civil war skils nau. 2 d dead r i p
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by fatahtalks(m): 9:59am On Jul 08, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Eazee-e:
those bastard hausa fulani from neighbouring Bauchi & Gombe at it again! my people y not shift d batle ground 2 dia door steps by also invading dia villages? a Tiv man canot take such nonsense 4rom dos bastards without paying dem back. Kaduna has force dem 2 retreat because dey know d repercussion of dia attacks so y not do same by invading d enemies of peace?
reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u talk.....[b]
Eazee-e:
reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u talk.....[/b]
Eazee-e:
reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u talk.....

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by kiyosaki1(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2012
gurujoe: until d real indegene of plataeu state declare total war against dese ewusa/fulani. I don't tink dey wil knw peace. U pple (plataeu) shld face d reality b4 u go into dianaseur way. Where ar d likes of gowon, damjuma etc in al dese kilin. U guy shd show yr civil war skils nau. 2 d dead r i p
What does it takes to eliminate BH ? simple determinations ,competence and efficiency from a responsible government.
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by samkoro: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2012
Even when housa/fulani repeat the attacks for more than 2000 times,some people will keep on serving them as slaves until they are pursued from Illorin into the lagos Lagoon with daggers and bombs;just because ethnic bigotery and trechery has blinded them from the real enemy
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by jonah19: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2012
@technocracy, don't even waste your time strategizing, the insecurity challenge problem is just because of the masses, not a problem with the leadership, if the masses stop being sentimental about everything.....the insecurity aspect will disappear (vamoose)

check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDnIQ1PxT7w
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by kiyosaki1(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2012
fatahtalks: [color=#990000][/color] reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u talk..... reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u talk..... reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u talk.....
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN KEEP ON ENJOYING THE FRESH AIR ,DON'T FORGET WE ARE ON TOP OF THE SITUATION
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by gbadexy(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2012
Going by the account of the eye witnesses on the type of equipment and protective gear,the way the organised and split themselves ,it is obvious they have military training, sponsors to kit them and a base they operate from.
After having read several pre and post civil war articles by nowa omoigui, I have come to the conclusion that the core north are very cohesive and they do things with the support of their civlian elites and military. There really is no difference between the military hausa man and civilian hausa man. They would both carry out any act side by side or just look on while the civilians wreck havoc.
They see themselves as hausas instead of military men to protect the citizens.
Am sure their political elites know about all that is happening in nigeria, if not actively, then passively with tacit approval. They surely know where anything that happens come from.
What I don't understand is the motive of the attack, if they were the normads, I might understand, but well trained and armed mercenaries attacking villages? The non response of the military also shows they are not reliable.
What we really need is state police. Imagine the STF being replaced by police of Jos extraction, won't they hurry there to protect their kinsmen? But as usual the northern legislators would prevent it like they have been preventing a simple SNC while the southern legislators are not united to do anything.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Bastiger(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2012
[quote
author=fatahtalks][color=#990000][/color] reply......u talk like a
big fool , did u hear dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every
attacked in dis country i nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even
if go and set a bomb and it goes off, d media wants to sell there
product.they will nt even wait 4 investigation, automatically it is boko
haram or hausa man. Why is it dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to
set bombs are xtristains. Why is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss
we here nothing concerning them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can
nt give them enough information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi
said pdp is d founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d
president said boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying.
Think b4 u talk..... reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear
dat muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i
nw done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and
it goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4
investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it
dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why
is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning
them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough
information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d
founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said
boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u
talk.....
reply......u talk like a big fool , did u hear dat
muslim or hausa attacked d village. Every attacked in dis country i nw
done by boko haram or hausa/fulani.. Even if go and set a bomb and it
goes off, d media wants to sell there product.they will nt even wait 4
investigation, automatically it is boko haram or hausa man. Why is it
dat all d pple dat hv been caught try to set bombs are xtristains. Why
is it dat all d boko haram arrested by sss we here nothing concerning
them again, kabiru sokoto and abu qadir can nt give them enough
information to tacle boko haram uptill nw. Wen azazi said pdp is d
founder of boko haram he knew wat he was saying. Wen d president said
boko haram are in my cabinet, he knew wat he was saying. Think b4 u
talk.....[/quote]

in essence dude,who do you think is responsible for the attack on barkin ladi?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by EvilSirit: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2012
ebamma: i suspect that the soldiers stationed there have a hand in this dastardly act.
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 08, 2012
And all these ppl dat have deir luvd ones murdered in this attacks..... What do dey do??
Do dey just go back and sleep?
And bliv dat all is well

THE FEDERAL GOVT SHOULD PLEASE NOTE!!!!
If anyone of my FAMILY members should go down due to d FG's negligence/irresponsibility.....
I'm gonna go down.... But i'll go down wit as much 'enemy lives' and govt infrastructures and political oofice holders that i can sink wit!!
I wish i could just join a sleeper cell.....and deal with d govt!
Re: Fresh Attacks In Plateau Kill 22 Persons by DAY12(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2012
Tyche: What a sad way to die. But military camo and bullet proof vest? Na wa ooo.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A 5-point Increase In The March 2017 Presidential Job Approval Rating -Noipolls / Kaduna State Government To Prosecute 41 'sarasuka' Gangsters / Governor Okowa Dances As Harrysong Performs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.