Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:16 PM

Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom (726 Views)

Purchase Cheap,accident free cars 4rm Cotonou, (SHUTDOWN TILL FURTHER NOTICE)... / Duplicate Duty Papers From The Nigerian Customs. / Customs Duty Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by Derekosa: 6:09am On Jul 08, 2012
Hi All

I shipped two cars to Lagos some months ago, the agent I used was introduced by the husband of a neighborhood friend, the cars were delivered to my parents without the custom papers and my parents are unable to register the cars so they can put them to use, the agent nor the husband of the Friend no longer answer my phone calls

I paid about $4500 to do the clearing and I was told the agent did pay all the legally required custom duties the last time I spoke to them......., can anyone please help educate me on how to go about retrieve all the documents pertaining to the cars From the Nigeria custom so the cars can be registered since all custom duties dues were paid.

Thanks all.
Re: Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by olanshi: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2012
Derekosa: Hi All

I shipped two cars to Lagos some months ago, the agent I used was introduced by the husband of a neighborhood friend, the cars were delivered to my parents without the custom papers and my parents are unable to register the cars so they can put them to use, the agent nor the husband of the Friend no longer answer my phone calls

I paid about $4500 to do the clearing and I was told the agent did pay all the legally required custom duties the last time I spoke to them......., can anyone please help educate me on how to go about retrieve all the documents pertaining to the cars From the Nigeria custom so the cars can be registered since all custom duties dues were paid.

Thanks all.

At the present moment Custom card issued directly by Nigerian Custom will take a little more time before you can collect it due to some unknown reasons. So far every other documents is complete and all neccessary payment has been made.

They should be able to do the plate number registration with or without the Custom card, that shouldn't be a problem..
Re: Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by Derekosa: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2012
Thanks for your reply, my problem is that I have no paper at all to work with... I will take any help I can get to lead me to how I can get copies to enable registeration of the cars
Re: Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by olanshi: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2012
Derekosa: Thanks for your reply, my problem is that I have no paper at all to work with... I will take any help I can get to lead me to how I can get copies to enable registeration of the cars

How did the clearing agent get the car out of the port in the first place? In this case you have to contact him for the papers since he paid the custom duties, I think he's holding on to the documents maybe you have some kinda misunderstanding with him..
Re: Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by Derekosa: 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Is not clear how they did the clearing; they are not answering my phone calls but I will assume they paid the duty because I paid them all the money they asked for
Re: Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by femifash(m): 6:08am On Dec 02, 2015
Want to know how you sorted the custom papers issue, I have similar issue I need to attend to for my brother. He bought a jeep off a 3rd party whose owner dropped the particulars of the car but weeks after the purchase it was discovered that the custom papers wasn't included. Will appreciate if you let me know how you recovered the customers. Thanks
Re: Help With Retrieving Duplicate Duty Payment Papers From The Nigerian Custom by femifash(m): 6:09am On Dec 02, 2015
Want to know how you sorted the custom papers issue, I have similar issue I need to attend to for my brother. He bought a jeep off a 3rd party whose owner dropped the particulars of the car but weeks after the purchase it was discovered that the custom papers wasn't included. The owner of the car is out of the country. Will appreciate if you let me know how you recovered the papers. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

1999 Toyota Corrola For Urgent Sale / 2003 Toyota Camry - Registered - Leather Interior / For Sale 2005 Honda Accord Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.