Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians (22170 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by cold(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
It's so difficult to tell a Man of God from a politician.They both offer false hope and swindle their gullible followers of everything they hold dear.They have turned a meek & humble Jesus story into a consumer brand.Religion is now just another lifestyle option fighting for survival with all the other brands in a chaotic marketplace and that includes Islam.

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nwogbe: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel: Its called the Harlot church PastorKun.

I have totally lost faith in all these denominations, we go to an inter-denominational church , but are careful to examine everything with scripture.

70% of what we call church in Nigeria is simply playing games with religion.
70% is grossly under estimated.I think its around 95% of these churches that are playing the game with this religious rock-stars posing as men of God

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Afam4eva(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
philip0906: There r loads of fake doctors in town but does dat mean every doctor should be avoided or dat all doctors are now evil?
Its left 2 u 2 discern. . .we have pastors who preach the truth in this country e.g Pastor Kumuyi

Pastor WF Kumuyi happens to be one of the very few pastors that I still respect. The man is humility personified. He's not like other pastors that are after things of the flesh.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
Nigeria would be a better place when people starts being Godly.and not being Religious.the imported religion has caused more problems than solution..a politician would be sincere in office,if he swears the oath of office with "ogun,sango,or amadioha etc.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Pastor WF Kumuyi happens to be one of the very few pastors that I still respect. The man is humility personified. He's not like other pastors that are after things of the flesh.

Kumuyi is a fraud as well.

The problem does not stop at pastors. Christianity is a fraud. There is no God.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/TPlNrROis0I/AAAAAAAA-TA/3FaewMi7X04/s1600/GoodWithoutGod.jpg[/img]
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by mu2sa2: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
I really dont understand Nigerian Christianity. Every one of the 000s of denominations is claiming to in the right. Some even dont allow their members to marry Christians not members of their Church. Pls can anyone tell me whether these churches are preaching Christianity or self-interest. And the stupendously rich pastors(overseer, prophet or whatever title) that hav amassed vast personal fortunes - are they following the example of Jesus? Pls anybody with answer may educate me.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by ijawkid(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/TPlNrROis0I/AAAAAAAA-TA/3FaewMi7X04/s1600/GoodWithoutGod.jpg[/img]

There is also no logic boy.......

How do u like that??
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by EXCELLENCEAbia: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
every body is trying to meet up in his doings if govt can't employ you, the native doctor in your village can help you start your church biz, afterall what people want is miracle. but don't mind them and run for your lives every one will give account of his deeds.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

There is also no logic boy.......

How do u like that??

But you are chatting with me on the internet. Can God reply your prayers? No! Because you are praying to thin air.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by mu2sa2: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva:
U mention one, some people will mention others and in the end ALL pastors are good "men of God". Ah, Nigeria!!!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by alaoeri: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

There's God oh u just have to locate, u can't say that there is no external force behind rising and setting of the sun, the moon, day and night, the winds, the heavenly & planetary bodies,rainfall etc God is behind those things. Bt concerning 9ja pastors i tire oh.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by mu2sa2: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
And these same 419 fraudsters are praying for the country even junketing to Jerusalem yearly for that, right? No wonder Nigeria is getting better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by OLUWASEUNOJS(m): 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2012
My Pals, pls leave all 2GOD Who created all. We ar nt a Judge,God knw those of His. Let tak heed,so dat we dont been curse by our words. God Bles!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by achi4u(m): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
nigerians and miracles.those pastors are like MTN; "pay as you go"
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by bayodaniel: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
I can understand people's frustration with churches but i know a church that i can vouch for.U can watch it live @http://lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/ or http://live.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/live.php.U willl listen to anoited teaching,if u are really seeeking God and desire to know and fulfil God's dream for your life.It is the place to be.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
alaoeri:
There's God oh u just have to locate, u can't say that there is no external force behind rising and setting of the sun, the moon, day and night, the winds, the heavenly & planetary bodies,rainfall etc God is behind those things. Bt concerning 9ja pastors i tire oh.

There is no God. Man has already explained most of these things with science and without god.

The earth orbits around the sun
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
bayodaniel: I can understand people's frustration with churches but i know a church that i can vouch for.U can watch it live @http://lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/ or http://live.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/live.php.U willl listen to anoited teaching,if u are really seeeking God and desire to know and fulfil God's dream for your life.It is the place to be.

See this shameless fraud. People are complaining about churches and you are using this opportunity to market your backyard church?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

There is no God. Man has already explained most of these things with science and without god.

The earth orbits around the sun

this is not a "God debate" thread pls. Care to not spam the thread with your ridiculous nonsense? Pls set up your own thread.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by dare2think: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
bayodaniel: I can understand people's frustration with churches but i know a church that i can vouch for.U can watch it live @http://lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/ or http://live.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/live.php.U willl listen to anoited teaching,if u are really seeeking God and desire to know and fulfil God's dream for your life.It is the place to be.

Along with the anointed teachings, do they collect tithes., offerings and all other fraudulent collections too?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
davidylan:

this is not a "God debate" thread pls. Care to not spam the thread with your ridiculous nonsense? Pls set up your own thread.

Sorry. Mr Phd!

grin grin grin grin

David, are you also a pastor?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by tidytim: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Mate, you do not know when to stop , grow up and act your age !!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
tidytim:

Mate, you do not know when to stop , grow up and act your age !!

You mad?

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Sorry. Mr Phd!

grin grin grin grin

David, are you also a pastor?

Dude are you 3 yrs old? Just asking...
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by dammy1985: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
The bible say: Thou shall not jugde. Who are you to codemn men of God? If u come across a man of God dat furnicate, lie, steal etc. Don't just open ur mouth to gossip about him, leave to God. Someone posted dat a man of God would fly in jet & b asking 4 d support of d needy.. Pls, make spiritual investment(sow seed) so dat God Himself can bless u
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
davidylan:

Dude are you 3 yrs old? Just asking...

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
musKeeto: Amazing.... thank God this wasnt posted by an atheist...
Thank God it was not posted by a Muslim...Are u an athiest?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
dammy1985: The bible say: Thou shall not jugde. Who are you to codemn men of God? If u come across a man of God dat furnicate, lie, steal etc. Don't just open ur mouth to gossip about him, leave to God. Someone posted dat a man of God would fly in jet & b asking 4 d support of d needy.. Pls, make spiritual investment(sow seed) so dat God Himself can bless u

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Apparently you have not been reading your bible. ... and if using your tithes to buy private jets is your idea of "spiritual investment" then i wonder if we have both been reading the same bible at all. Christ didnt use the offerings of the people to buy Himself a golden chariot but to feed thousands and spread the gospel. Sorry... the idea of "sowing seeds" is NOT so Christ can bless you with more money and fame.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by renzie: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
philip0906: There r loads of fake doctors in town but does dat mean every doctor should be avoided or dat all doctors are now evil?
Its left 2 u 2 discern. . .we have pastors who preach the truth in this country e.g Pastor Kumuyi

u r wrong on this man. . .d Psalmist said I am glad when they say we should go to the HOUSE OF THE LORD.
The coming 2gether as a group/church thing started right 4rm d days of Moses after they left Egypt when they gathered according 2 their tribes.
The books u want 2 read @ home including Corinthians,Philipians,Ephesians,Galatians(d epistles) where not written 2 believers sitted @ home.They were writen 2 churches and thats where d advent of "church" started. So don't misinterprete d Bible.
thank u my broda, God bless u for dis explaination.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Drfox(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Priests, pastors, in naija are nothing less than politicians they only care about theirselves
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Chiefpriest(m): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
Oyedepo is d only man of God I no.
nijanigga:
Like Bishop Oyedepo will call himself man of God or other so called men of God running to Aso rock to receive thier own national cake and failed to admonish GEJ to stop the lootings.The bible says ,let your yea be yea.But Nigerian pastors said they are more diplomatic.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
Chiefpriest: Oyedepo is d only man of God I no.

Sharaap.

Oyedepo is a slapping fraud.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
cold: It's so difficult to tell a Man of God from a politician.They both offer false hope and swindle their gullible followers of everything they hold dear.They have turned a meek & humble Jesus story into a consumer brand.Religion is now just another lifestyle option fighting for survival with all the other brands in a chaotic marketplace and that includes Islam.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/749780_The_New_Jesus_jpg6b86726e571d5919d108f07f1f5016c7

ROTFLMAO!!! Oh gosh grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Valentines Day: When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.