Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 PM

10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) (15349 Views)

Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) / How To Recover Photos From An Ipad? / I Just Made A Phone Call With An Ipad - How Can I pi.mp Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
#1 It's Expensive

#2 It's Not the Best Solution for Note-Taking or Editing Documents

#3 It's Too Distracting

#4 It's Ultra-Portable and Ultra-Droppable

#5 What Makes it Desirable to you is what Makes it Desirable to Criminals

#6 It's Meant for the Enjoyment of One Person, Which Means Social Seclusion

#7 Digital Text Books are a Marvel, but There's No Secondary Market

#8 It's a Status Symbol, Plain and Simple

#9 It'll Already be Old Technology by the Time You Buy It

#10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not.

11 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by wandeay: 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
nice one, its 2 expensive
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by lynxnoon(m): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
@poster
but u wont mind if u were given one abi? angry grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 09, 2012
lynxnoon: @poster
but u wont mind if u were given one abi? angry grin
I don't need it sir, I even sold the one I have here on nairaland and I must say, its a complete useless device.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by adetwin(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2012
@ poster U av said it all its not properly used by student but in the IT business places its useful
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by tessyade: 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2012
@poster i agree with you. I never had an iota of passion for ipad, its laptop all the way for me.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Murphy7h4: 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
Nice work!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Maleeq(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
adetwin: @ poster U av said it all its not properly used by student but in the IT business places its useful
Useful? How? Besides the effizy, there's nothing the iPad is useful for beyond portability in I.T.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by adetwin(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2012
Maleeq:
Useful? How? Besides the effizy, there's nothing the iPad is useful for beyond portability in I.T.
As a CEO when u go for meetings where meetings are meeting, its good 2 use things @ d right time bro whats good is good o

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Maleeq(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
adetwin: As a CEO when u go for meetings where meetings are meeting, its good 2 use things @ d right time bro whats good is good o
You are only substantiating my point further: its all about effizy!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
where's that thread about things broke people say?

11 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Afam4eva(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nice one.

The last reason is applicable to every technology gadget.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by SisiKill1: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
I swear, we have got to be the only people who make a FEDERAL CASE about EVERYTHING!!!

10 reasons not to use Green Cup

15 Reasons not to eat Yellow banana

44 Reasons not to stand under the tree

97 Reasons not to get wet

Why for goodness sake, why??!! cheesy cheesy

Use your Ipad any which way you like if you have one and if you don't let others be!!

Haba!!!

14 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
It too xpensive
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by greall1: 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
There is nothing have advantage and doesn't have disadvantage
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by ebamma(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
u are right,ipad, galaxy tab and other tablets are just meant for effizy,a laptop is a better option
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by alaoeri: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Its good to have ipad jare only that u 'll still need laptop.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Highbros: #1 It's Expensive

Unfortunately so is a Laptop, a desktop and even a good calculator.. Nothing good comes cheap..

Highbros: #2 It's Not the Best Solution for Note-Taking or Editing Documents

It may not be the best solution for taking notes in class (especially if you are not a profiecient typer, but I beg to differ on editing documents..

Highbros: #3 It's Too Distracting

This makes absolutely zero sense and reeks of utter bullshit.. What isnt distracting?! Your blackberry is distracting, the Nigerin movies you watch is distracting every darn thing in this life has the potential to be distracting... DISCIPLINE is the key word here..

Highbros: #4 It's Ultra-Portable and Ultra-Droppable

More Bullshit.. What in this world isnt distrcutable?! Your car, your wristwatch, your mobile phones, your sunglasses, even your paper noe book (try letting it slip and fall into a pool of water).. The keyword here again is CAREFULNESS...

Highbros: #5 What Makes it Desirable to you is what Makes it Desirable to Criminals

This is a poor mans mantra.. Everything you own in this freaking world is desirable to another person.. So why should that stop me from enjoying life.. Just because your house looks big and would attract thieves, would you live in a mud house?! Nwokem wise up..

Highbros: #6 It's Meant for the Enjoyment of One Person, Which Means Social Seclusion

I dont even know how to answer this because it simply means you are ignorant of the device called an IPAD.. Rather than seclude sir, it brings you closer to the world.. E.g, Facebook, Twitter and almighty Skype and facetime.. Be informed..

Highbros: #7 Digital Text Books are a Marvel, but There's No Secondary Market

You just revealed your ultimate problem.. BROKE-ASSNESS.. So just because you cant resell e-books, makes it worthless... I cant educate you on this one.. You seem to have crossed the treshold of redemption..

Highbros: #8 It's a Status Symbol, Plain and Simple

Again this reeks of abject bad belle and futher explains your problem.. Inferiority complex.. You just called an Ipad a status symbol.. A device that has been embraced widely in the business and educational world.. Nwokem, you need Jesus..

Highbros: #9 It'll Already be Old Technology by the Time You Buy It

No sir.. Just like the Laptops and desktops.. you do not need to dash out and buy the latest model of a device.. The honest truth is that with the exception of upgrades to firmwares, Operating systems and a few technical designs, the funtionality of all Ipads have not changed till date.. the Ipad 1 does the exact same thing the Ipad 3 does... My advice is stick to the one you've got.. The pentium computers can still do the same basic work the core 2 duo does.. Just that it the core 2 is faster..

Highbros: #10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not.

Not if you know how to use the Ipad properly you dont.. Again sir, you need to keep up..

14 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
Highbros:

#10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not.

Not really if you can maximize its functionality but to a VERY little extent at least for a student,I agree with only this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Not really if you can maximize its functionality but to a VERY little extent at least for a student,I agree with only this.

What can a Laptop do that an Ipad cant?!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by lacasa: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Unfortunately so is a Laptop, a desktop and even a good calculator.. Nothing good comes cheap..

It may not be the best solution for taking notes in class (especially if you are not a profiecient typer, but I beg to differ on editing documents..

This makes absolutely zero sense and reeks of utter bullshit.. What isnt distracting?! Your blackberry is distracting, the Nigerin movies you watch is distracting every darn thing in this life has the potential to be distracting... DISCIPLINE is the key word here..

More Bullshit.. What in this world isnt distrcutable?! Your car, your wristwatch, your mobile phones, your sunglasses, even your paper noe book (try letting it slip and fall into a pool of water).. The keyword here again is CAREFULNESS...

This is a poor mans mantra.. Everything you own in this freaking world is desirable to another person.. So why should that stop me from enjoying life.. Just because your house looks big and would attract thieves, would you live in a mud house?! Nwokem wise up..

I dont even know how to answer this because it simply means you are ignorant of the device called an IPAD.. Rather than seclude sir, it brings you closer to the world.. E.g, Facebook, Twitter and almighty Skype and facetime.. Be informed..

You just revealed your ultimate problem.. BROKE-ASSNESS.. So just because you cant resell e-books, makes it worthless... I cant educate you on this one.. You seem to have crossed the treshold of redemption..

Again this reeks of abject bad belle and futher explains your problem.. Inferiority complex.. You just called an Ipad a status symbol.. A device that has been embraced widely in the business and educational world.. Nwokem, you need Jesus..

No sir.. Just like the Laptops and desktops.. you do not need to dash out and buy the latest model of a device.. The honest truth is that with the exception of upgrades to firmwares, Operating systems and a few technical designs, the funtionality of all Ipads have not changed till date.. the Ipad 1 does the exact same thing the Ipad 3 does... My advice is stick to the one you've got.. The pentium computers can still do the same basic work the core 2 duo does.. Just that it the core 2 is faster..

Not if you know how to use the Ipad properly you dont.. Again sir, you need to keep up..

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a

The ipad is still useless if u ax me. Once u g@ Ūя̲̅ laptop the ipad seems more useless, basic use = only 4 effizy n 'notice me'

tongue
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

What can a Laptop do that an Ipad cant?!

Ofcourse you need a laptop to import you own music,video and photos to iTunes before synchronizing to your iPad.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a

The ipad is still useless if u ax me. Once u g@ Ūя̲̅ laptop the ipad seems more useless, basic use = only 4 effizy n 'notice me'

tongue

I know right.. It simply means YOU bought the ipad for the wrong reasons and have never stepped outside Nigeria... In the US and europe, nobody would even glance at you twice because you have a bloody Ipad..
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a

tongue

It's not as useless as you think.I dont do document stuff,so I rate iPad ahead of a laptop !
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ofcourse you need a laptop to import you own music,video and photos to iTunes before synchronizing to your iPad.

Hmmm.. Quite hard to argue with you on that one..

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

It's not as useless as you think.I dont do document stuff,so I rate iPad ahead of a laptop !

Ever since I discoveed how to download to my Ipad without jailbreaking it, I have barely gone close to my Mac book
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Hmmm.. Quite hard to argue with you on that one..

I know and that is why I wont advise a student to go for it.How many Nigeria artistes' music will ever get to iTunes ?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Ever since I discoveed how to download to my Ipad without jailbreaking it, I have barely gone close to my Mac book

You download through store or iTune ? Abeg hit me.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I know and that is why I wont advise a student to go for it.How many Nigeria artistes' music will ever get to iTunes ?

But you can download it straight to your Ipad... And not through Itunes, but 4shared and notjustok
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

But you can download it straight to your Ipad... And not through Itunes, but 4shared and notjustok

Are you serious ? I've tried couple of time trying to download elsewhere but it wont cuz my iPad hasnt been jailbreaked.Some guy told me i wont be able to download from store and iTunes if I jailbreak it.is that true ?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by abbey621(m): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
I'm trying to understand something here, the poster is against Apple's ipad or against all tablets? If he's against Apple's ipad then some of his point makes sense because of the limit based functionality of Apple's products but when it comes to tablets like the Asus transformer prime and other android tablets, then the poster makes absolutely no sense. Tablets like the Transformer prime with a fully attachable keyboard and a quad core processor can only transform students from mediocrity to serious business minded pupils. Why carry a laptop, when you can carry a device that weighs less than a book, a device capable of pivoting charts on excel, writing multiple pages of essays and still have the capabilities of video games, skype, social media and so on.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by KokoBeware: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
#1 It's Expensive --- Not really..every good thing comes at a price

#2 It's Not the Best Solution for Note-Taking or Editing Documents------ (its far better than any other tablets on the market

#3 It's Too Distracting------ so is every other electronic gadget..(laptop included)

#4 It's Ultra-Portable and Ultra-Droppable------(buy a big padded pouch if you must carry something big for you not to drop it...)

#5 What Makes it Desirable to you is what Makes it Desirable to Criminals------(so is every good thing, are you saying we shouldnt buy good useful gadgets cos of criminals)

#6 It's Meant for the Enjoyment of One Person, Which Means Social Seclusion (nope u can connect it to a large screen if u want) your phone and laptop is still same

#7 Digital Text Books are a Marvel, but There's No Secondary Market----(dont understand this grammar... in fact ones u have a copy of an eBook u cand distribute 2million copies of same try that a hardcopy book)

#8 It's a Status Symbol, Plain and Simple (Definately not... its inferiority complex that makes one think like this)

#9 It'll Already be Old Technology by the Time You Buy It (Noooooooo....)

#10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not. (yeeaaaa very true)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Cores Or More RAM, Which Is More Important? / Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? / Must See:how To Get A Macbook Pro For Free (100% Genuine)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.