Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing (587 Views)

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF / APC Leaders Unfair To Tinubu – Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by tintingz(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
President of the Senate, David Mark, and the Congress for Progressive Change have condemned the killing of Senator Gyang Dantong in Barakin-Ladi near Jos, Plateau State on Sunday. Dantong, the Majority Leader of the state House of Assembly, Gyang Fulani, and several other were reportedly killed when gunmen attacked a mass burial for the victims of Saturday’s raids by suspected Fulani herdsmen in the area. The National Chairman, Action Congress of Nigeria, Chief Bisi Akande, who also lamented the development, described the orgy of killings in Plateau as “madness”. Mark said, “The incessant killings of innocent Nigerians must be stopped.“We must do everything within the ambit of our laws to ensure that this type of murderous acts is stopped. As a nation, we must just rise against those who are determined to return us to a state of nature where life had little or no value.”
The Senate President added, “(Dantong was) a patriotic parliamentarian, quintessential gentleman and committed nationalist, who was killed in active service to his fatherland.”
He called on the security agencies to bring the perpetrators of the gruesome deaths to justice.The CPC National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, decried the insecurity in the country.
He said, “The insecurity in the land has now assumed a monstrous, proportion. The residents of these ravaged villages have asked, ‘where are the soldiers that should protect us?”
Akande, who spoke through his media aide, Mr Lani Baderinwa, on Sunday, described the latest killings in Jos as preventable.He said, “It is a very sad development. Government should have prevented it. Plateau has been in this kind of situation for more than three years.
“All we get is, ‘We are on top of the situation,’ and after that we get more devastating bombings. The Federal Government should stop this madness and save Nigeria.“We must not lose sight of the comment by the former National Security Adviser, Gen Azazi Owoye (retd.), who said the Peoples Democratic Party was responsible violence in the polity.”
When our correspondent contacted the Head in Information at the Defence Headquarters, Col. Mohammed Yerima, he said he was not aware of the killing of the Senator.He said the Defence Headquarters had yet to get official briefing on the new dimension to the Plateau crisis.
He said, “Honestly, we have not heard of this development; the Defence Headquarters have not received any briefing on this incident.“I will advise you to wait till Monday, when the headquarters is expected to have its briefing.”
Meanwhile, spokesman for the Senate, Eyinnanya Abaribe, confirmed that Dantong was killed while attending a mass burial for those who were killed in earlier attacks also in the area.
Source
Re: Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by WilyWily5: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Northerners killing themselves, i love that.
Re: Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by tintingz(m): 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Wily+Wily:
Northerners killing themselves, i love that.
you love that? Hmmm
Re: Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by WilyWily5: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
tintingz: you love that? Hmmm
I pop Champagne anytime this kind of thing happen, Northerner killing themselves Koooooooooooooooooooooooooool,
Re: Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by tintingz(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
Wily+Wily:

I pop Champagne anytime this kind of thing happen, Northerner killing themselves Koooooooooooooooooooooooooool,
badt boy, they are humans not goats
Re: Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
When our correspondent contacted the Head in Information at the Defence Headquarters, Col. Mohammed Yerima, he said he was not aware of the killing of the Senator.
Like WTF!
Re: Senate, CPC, Akande Condemn Lawmakers’ Killing by tintingz(m): 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
careytommy: Like WTF!
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

30 Die In Port Harcourt Vessel Explosion / 20 Oil Subsidy Suspects Named / If I Were To Be A Member Of Pastor Bakare's Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.