Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. (5253 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / FG Approves N1.2bn Sewage Facilities For FCT Suburb / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. by bosaniger: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
I recently had a building plan drawn for me and about to proceed with the foundation. I specified to the builder (who also arranged for the drawing) that it was the recommended septic and sewage tank design in the plan I would like constructed. He didn't seem to understand the specifications in the plan & said thosa specifications were only used to get the needed plan approval & was not required during the actual construction. He didn't seem to understand the concept of Baffle wall, etc in the diagram. I immediately halted commencement of the building until I can ascertain that the builder is competent.
Please is there no standard for Septic and Sewage tank construction? If there is, what is the standard? Please help.
Re: Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. by dagreen14: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/885575/strong-beautiful-affordable-homes

Click on the link above and ask Prof. Spyder your question, the guy is genius.
Re: Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. by Aventures(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
The standard and volume of the septic tank is often determined by the Architect. This is a function of the proposed/expected number of the occupant of the building in question. Not even all that claimed to be architect are architect indeed most of them are draughstman an they lack the science behind building design. Meanwhile baffle wall is often condemn by most untrained builder since they do not know the function. The baffle wall serves a purpose of ensuring that fresh faeces does not flow to the soak away tank. it also ensures that only water flows to the soak away. The technology behind thebaffle wall is that it partitions the septic tank into two leaving some spaces underneath and above. When the waste come in fresh it floats on the entry side of the tank and the baffle wall does not allow it to flow to the other side where it can gain access to the soak away. The fresh waste will be there untill it decomposes. when it decomposes it becomes heavier and it settles down at the bottom of the tank, then the water without any fresh or decompose particle flows into the soak away. Another advantage of the baffle wall is that the tank can stay several yrs without before getting filled up.Attached here is a rough sketch of septic tank with baffle wall arangement. for further assistance kindly contact abidoyventures@gmail.com

Re: Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. by iwakunbaba: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
Aventure is very right. Not all dat say dey r architects or engineers are wat dey call themselves. Septic tanks are constructed based on the no of occupants in a building but we don't follow it cos of our lack of construction standards. Am an architect call me for any infos 08095836383.
Re: Construction Of Septic And Sewage Tanks When Building Homes. by cleric(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
Interesting that I didnt need to go to school before I knew what a baffle wall does. If a builder consistently shows incompetence; sack him. No need for sentiments that will cost u sleep and loads of cash. I sacked mine 2 weeks ago (no time for leaking pockets).

(1) (Reply)

4 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flat Of Solid Structure, Completed At Agbede, Off Agric R/S / cheap Plots Of Land @ Olohunda Area Akobo Ojuurin Ibadan For Sale* With Pictures / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.