Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 (27355 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by tunapawizzy: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
ijebabe: Ah! I always come too late!
Speedyboi, tell us what did u wrote grin
WROTE baby tell me u are joking
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by SisiKill1: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
tunapawizzy: WROTE baby tell me u are joking

Maybe she works with the same people who written the taglines for these movies
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by chic2pimp(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
I'm still yet to see a half decent Nollywood Movie.

May be if they spent half as much time as they do making these posters on making Good Quality movies, the products would actually be decent for once.

ijebabe:

John Boyega ... Ugwu

Shout out to ma boi Boyegs though. Dude is going places for real.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: I must watch that movie produced by Izu Ojukwu. He's arguably the best action director in Nigeria.

The guy is good and he came from nothing but very determined like Jos raised Igbos like me,p square,obinna nsofor,mikel obi,saint obi and more.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
chic2pimp: I'm still yet to see a half decent Nollywood Movie.

May be if they spent half as much time as they do making these posters on making Good Quality movies, the products would actually be decent for once.

Shout out to ma boi Boyegs though. Dude is going places for real.

The first movie he did very well was that Alien Brit's. Not so good but he has something unique to offer - he is bold and fearless, relax and convincing. Above all, just another lad with a future in the movie industry, if taken serious on what he can do best. He's another Wesley Snipe in the making
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
coolMy Igbo ppl doing great job in entertainment industry
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

The guy is good and he came from nothing but very determined like Jos raised Igbos like me,p square,obinna nsofor,mikel obi,saint obi and more.
Now, i get why Izu and P Square are close. He wasn't even supposed to direct a musical movie featuring P Square sometime ago.

I think there's something about Jos....i don't really know cos i've not been there.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
CHESSBOARD: coolMy Igbo ppl doing great job in entertainment industry
Must it always be about ethnicity?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Teenaba(f): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
shocked shocked angrytunapawizzy: WROTE baby tell me u are joking

(Quote
@ Sisi- kill. "Written"? Like, seriously? Why in the name of me can't nairalanders apply the required and correct tense in their posts??
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by avicky(f): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
speedyboi:

I'm sure this film will be good! Cos izu ojukwu is also one of my best producers. I watch some of his productions few years back. Like cindy's note and white waters ....and they are very interesting. Infact, I still have cindy's note in my stash.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised this thread didn't make frontpage. Now don't be surprised when you see my new approach to nl mods.
Well lemme hint you; I have collated a reasonable amount of heavy curses that.lols
Next time they put anything like avatar, subtitle errors or anything naija dissing....I will jst copy and paste the curse......sounds stupid, right? Lol...yea , I know but I don't mind....I must change them by fire by force.....imagine, we call something a nigerian forum.....I have not seen on frontpage an article dedicated to a certain practice among a tribe in nigeria just to promote our selves and share knowledge among nigerians who don't travel....bt day in day out na so so so tribal bashing we dey see...
Haba! Dude, take am easy.
It's already on d front page now.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by billante(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
Meehn! nollywood is upping their game! am very very impressed.......all those iweka road, pound road producers should just go and find another business to do....they have contributed their own little way....let d core professionals take over now! we can do it! yes we can get to hollywood quality!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by sholay2011(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Okay, so they are making their posters look sleeker. . .only means they they have perfected their photoshopping skills and plastering white actors on the cover is not gonna change the fact Content is still ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!

And why the heck is Jenifer still Returning??!! How many times can a person return before we tell them to sit the yansh down in one place??

This Poster is just all sorts of wrong!! angry angry
[img]http://2.bp..com/-JHOmvC-fX0I/Tq-6p19sYrI/AAAAAAAAB0w/yOpPqQar3kE/s1600/IN_THE_CUPBOARD3.jpgreduced.jpg[/img]

Half a Yellow Sun might be the only exception. . .only because it isn't a Nollywood movie.
Eh...sisikill...as much as u re trying to sound critical...u refused to leave artistic foolishness behind. are u saying all nollywood movies re garbage? have u seen 'figurine' or 'phone swap' or 'maami'? pls, if u cnt encourage or criticise constructively ppl tryin to do smth...keep quiet.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by dont8(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
Where is your sense of humour? Must you point out other people's mistake for us to clap for you?
Meanwhile, Ije was only joking with that word 'wrote'.
Teenaba: shocked shocked angrytunapawizzy: WROTE baby tell me u are joking

(Quote
@ Sisi- kill. "Written"? Like, seriously? Why in the name of me can't nairalanders apply the required and correct tense in their posts??
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva:
Now, i get why Izu and P Square are close. He wasn't even supposed to direct a musical movie featuring P Square sometime ago.

I think there's something about Jos....i don't really know cos i've not been there.

Jos was a very calm place to raise kids until this fulani and berom conflict destroyed it all. Jos is like the Enugu of the SE. Indigines are mostly catholis like their Igbo visitors,it has very good university,great scenery with rocky mountains,the ppl are so nice and they love the Igbos. Most Igbos born there are very cool headed,calm,collected and usually successful too. I love Jos and the memory of the place still lingers in my mind.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by SisiKill1: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
sholay2011:
Eh...sisikill...as much as u re trying to sound critical...u refused to leave artistic foolishness behind. are u saying all nollywood movies re garbage? have u seen 'figurine' or 'phone swap' or 'maami'? pls, if u cnt encourage or criticise constructively ppl tryin to do smth...keep quiet.

Please what does ARTISTIC FOOLISHNESS mean?

I'm just asking because it's hard to leave something when you don't know what it means . . .so you know if you have it in the first place.

Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
Can't wait for it to come out.

Some of the other movies look interesting too!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by chucky234(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
Never find any Nigerian films interesting but with Vivica Fox in Dr. Bello I might be tempted to watch,
I have followed the making of Last Flight to Abuja and something tells me its going to be a chat topper,don't know about the other movies.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by chucky234(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Jos was a very calm place to raise kids until this fulani and berom conflict destroyed it all. Jos is like the Enugu of the SE. Indigines are mostly catholis like their Igbo visitors,it has very good university,great scenery with rocky mountains,the ppl are so nice and they love the Igbos. Most Igbos born there are very cool headed,calm,collected and usually successful too. I love Jos and the memory of the place still lingers in my mind.
E ya, sorry oooo
Don't worry,those Fulani people will out of Jos soon so you can have your Jos back. Nda ooo
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by oladayo042: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Well done speedyboi. I definitely need to step up my game.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
Thanks for this list
I've watched
Figurine (missed cinema so I had to wait 4yrs for DVD!)
Ije (loved it)
Private storm (good)

Missed
Maami and Phone swap at cinemas
So sad - I'll have to wait for Iroko tv
Showing at cinemas
Last flight to Abj - maybe hard to watch that now sice the crash
Ties that bind (can anyone tell me what that was about)

But Half of a yellow sun - don't like all these foreigners in the lead female roles oh. Don't want any fake accents biko
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Csami(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2012
With all this photoshop posters everywhere, people now think nollywood is stepping up their game.....only if they could work on the scripts, scences, on the actors too and stop make movies within timeline of 3weeks to 1month, then they will be thinking of next level.....no be to shoot film with 10 scenarios call am part 1.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
Are these movies on youtube? grin

God knows I can't waste my money on crap Nigeria movies, I've not watched any of these repetitive crap movies in like 5 years..

Only the Yoruba ones are alright, but the sub-titles are also crap.. sad
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
Csami: With all this photoshop posters everywhere, people now think nollywood is stepping up their game.....only if they could work on the scripts, scences, on the actors too and stop make movies within timeline of 3weeks to 1month, then they will be thinking of next level.....no be to shoot film with 10 scenarios call am part 1.

Hey....if you have not watched the movies....just shut ur crap....abeg.

And for those who didn't wait for the page to reach frontpage b4 they started their ethnic foolishness again; if you must know....most of those movies are produced by non igbos......

Except for producers like izu ojukwu and emem isong....the rest are hustlers.

Phone swap, tango with me, etc....are produced by yoruba guys....peace out.

And to those talking abt the white guys in the poster....well most of high budget Nollywood movies are being shot abroad (USA, UK, Ukraine etc....) and some other african countries Like Ghana , gambia etc....only few are shot in nigeria....I wish someone can tell me a good reason for that...
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by chic2pimp(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
all4naija: The first movie he did very well was that Alien Brit's. Not so good but he has something unique to offer - he is bold and fearless, relax and convincing. Above all, just another lad with a future in the movie industry, if taken serious on what he can do best. He's another Wesley Snipe in the making

Yh he did quite well playing the Role of Moses in the Film Attack the Block.

However his most outstanding performance til date was in the BBC Three Real Life Drama "MY MURDER". He played the role of Shakilus Townsend to almost perfection.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
shymmex: Are these movies on youtube? grin

God knows I can't waste my money on crap Nigeria movies, I've not watched any of these repetitive crap movies in like 5 years..

Only the Yoruba ones are alright, but the sub-titles are also crap.. sad

Bursting out and Silent scandals are, both are ridiculously long though.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by emmalezy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
2013 or 2012
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
tunapawizzy: WROTE baby tell me u are joking
Sisi_Kill:

You must be very stupid if this is the only contribution you saw to make to this tread.

dont8, abeg don't bother explaining, it's really not worth it.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by kay9(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
I always ignore naija movies at the cinemas, but y'all seem to be giving a number of 'em thumbs up... Mmm. In any case i dislike Thandie Newton; dont ask me why. Chiwetel is pretty cool...

Well, not such a drama freak... The Lions of 76 is what i'll look out for. Who knows, might convince me to start taking nollywood seriously.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by chetaraph(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
where can i get or download this movies plsssss?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
I just hope Chimamanda was involved in this, like Ms. Rowling during the Harry Potter Auditions undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? / BBNaija All-Stars: How Nigerians Voted Venita, Soma And Angel / BBNaija: MC Galaxy Donates N300,000 To Nina's Fans To Vote For Her (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.