Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 (27359 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
ijebabe:
You don't, just ur regular rebel without cause tongue
Latest example, your post on Mukina's thread grin

grin yea...I know I liké looking for trouble on nl grin grin grin. Its quite fun cheesy.....I didn't even know the almighty mukina will quote me..I'm humbled grin grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
I just saw haha, sillyboi tongue
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Waaaait a minute! *checks thread title again*. Who did I follow enter this thread again?

This thread is one of my pasts on nl that I wanna get rid of sad. But this is the same thread that made ije and I friends smiley....awwww *wipes tears* this is so swt.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
ijebabe:
I can't wait to see 76 too!
Don't think I'd be blown over by Dr. Bello. Still wanna see it though.
@ thread title im still patiently waiting.

Even though I will see it at some point I'm in no rush to see Dr Bello either... here is a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djkLppMEmM
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
speedyboi: But this is the same thread that made ije and I friends smiley....awwww *wipes tears* this is so swt.

Quickly plays the violin!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
speedyboi: Waaaait a minute! *checks thread title again*. Who did I follow enter this thread again?

This thread is one of my pasts on nl that I wanna get rid of sad. But this is the same thread that made ije and I friends smiley....awwww *wipes tears* this is so swt.
VillageBoi:

Quickly plays the violin!
Lool!
That's right Speedy smiley
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
VillageBoi:

Even though I will see it at some point I'm in no rush to see Dr Bello either... here is a review

Thanks! I'll check it out real soon.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
VillageBoi:

But that Nollywoodforever girl later confessed that the story seems a little bit complicated for her her to comprehend/understand at some point. And that makes me wanna watch it more since its not So straight forward. I just hope the complicated joints won't be like that of figurine.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lol! She is mean. Her review killed my interest in the film completely, gosh I wish I never saw this review!
Villageboi! angry
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
speedyboi:
But that Nollywoodforever girl later confessed that the story seems a little bit complicated for her her to comprehend/understand at some point. And that makes me wanna watch it more since its not So straight forward. I just hope the complicated joints won't be like that of figurine.

Exactly, I'm very curious to see it but not trembling knees kind of now, now. Also I know her from a different site I've been on for a few yrs and she's nearly always on point with reviews plus a couple of other people that have seen is said "Meh, just ok."
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
ijebabe: Lol! She is mean. Her review killed my interest in the film completely, gosh I wish I never saw this review!
Villageboi! angry

She aint mean. I've been to a few screenings with Director/Producer Q&A's at the end and if na Naija persin... ah they will slag you off as a small boy straight up if you don't think their film is 'a perfect 10' lololol.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
VillageBoi:

Exactly, I'm very curious to see it but not trembling knees kind of now, now. Also I know her from a different site I've been on for a few yrs and she's nearly always on point with reviews plus a couple of other people that have seen is said "Meh, just ok."
I've also subscribed to her review blog for some years now. Though I don't agree with all her review scores, but she gives me Insight to......(((I don't know sef)))

VillageBoi:

She aint mean. I've been to a few screenings with Director/Producer Q&A's at the end and if na Naija persin... ah they will slag you off as a small boy straight up if you don't think their film is 'a perfect 10' lololol.
Brother Emeka Ike!!! grin grin grin, I guess? cheesy
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
speedyboi:
I've also subscribed to her review blog for some years now. Though I don't agree with all her review scores, but she gives me Insight to......(((I don't know sef)))
Brother Emeka Ike!!! grin grin grin, I guess? cheesy

Not even a joke... how did you know that? I cannot stand that guy! You were at the 'event' too? Another one in the blackest part of my black-book is Jim Iyke or whatever his face is called.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by nessagirl: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

Teehee, you dey vex? I no insult you nah!

No intimacy anywhere? Your words o! No wonder you dey vex - please you need to go and deal with it... it causes very much vex and is not good for the body & mind; I saw it on a dokumentary!

Yes I am a very typical Nigerian - Where you think say I from? Don't believe that stupid book called 'Men are from Mars, Women are from venus'. So as a proper Nigerian is it not cane that we use to correct persin? Dunno about you but I chopped it well, well. All said and all done hopefully you yourself will start to watch Nigerian films in the cinema instead of seeking free links on the day they are released - it's not good for the young industry at all... Even though from day one you still neva let us understand your reasons so I can only deduce, thinkability it and kowashiate my logical conclusions! Furthermore, and (according to you) you can even afford it... so that still leaves questions unanswered.

I see, so you must be guilty of the same "Nigerian thief thief mindset" you accused me of earlier smiley. And I sure do not read books with such incomprehensible titles so you need not worry your head. Ah beatings solve just about anything in Naija right?Well I got enough of that too perhaps that's why I can't see myself spending money to watch movies which might even have a confusing/annoying story line after I have seen it and without reimbursement too; my parents will beat me die if I even do that one sef (I see someone about to pour hot water on me grin calm down VillageBoi ehn).

speedyboi:
Hmmmm *grabs popcorn*. I see some 'tage'ing in the air.

Anyway. Na ije I dey expect to comman answer my post becos I don dey vex 4 her seriously!

Sorry to disappoint you speedyboi, I sure say your popcorn don expire teh teh as you just siddon dey wait for action wey no happen.

VillageBoi:

Hang on, is Nessa from Gambia? Anyway my broda... why did you buy popcorn... no action there. The mission is only to annoy her until becomes a fan, teehee!

First Ghana now Gambia ? You and speedyboi's got issues. Well you both can keep the guessing game going
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
nessa_girl:

I see, so you must be guilty of the same "Nigerian thief thief mindset" you accused me of earlier smiley.

Hahahaha, na our Naija DNA be that but what exatcly have I just stolen... not sure what you are referring to in ya post.

nessa_girl:
And I sure do not read books with such incomprehensible titles so you need not worry your head. Ah beatings solve just about anything in Naija right? Well I got enough of that too perhaps that's why I can't see myself spending money to watch movies which might even have a confusing/annoying story line after I have seen it and without reimbursement too; my parents will beat me die if I even do that one sef (I see someone about to pour hot water on me grin calm down VillageBoi ehn).

No, ya parents will beat you for not reading books from farest and widest. And Nigerians don't call it beating; it's street-name is 'good home training' lol.
Why in the world would sombody pour hot water on you?

nessa_girl: First Ghana now Gambia ? You and speedyboi's got issues. Well you both can keep the guessing game going
I get issues? Have you been disputing that all along? Chei, no wonder cool
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
If there isn't any romance after all this noise, im using the report to moderator button tongue
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
ijebabe: If there isn't any romance after all this noise, im using the report to moderator button tongue

Its better. They are just killing show.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
ijebabe: If there isn't any romance after all this noise, im using the report to moderator button tongue
speedyboi:
Its better. They are just killing show.

Absolutely no idea what the twice of yous is talking about!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by nessagirl: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hahahaha, na our Naija DNA be that but what exatcly have I just stolen... not sure what you are referring to in ya post.

No, ya parents will beat you for not reading books from farest and widest. And Nigerians don't call it beating; it's street-name is 'good home training' lol.
Why in the world would sombody pour hot water on you?

I get issues? Have you been disputing that all along? Chei, no wonder cool

Phew! I actually got a "Hahahaha" and "lol" all in one reply from you, I am doing things o grin. You haven't stolen anything that I know of and it wasn't an accusation, just a statement. Ah yes 'good home training' indeed, I got a lot of that whichever way you put it cheesy. On the hot water part, I was pulling your legs, I was just imagining you about to explode after reading my reply (laughing)and wondering what you'll write next. Its a good thing you've confirmed that there is no dispute on your having issues because its obvious you and your brother from another mother speedyboi have lots. speedyboi no vex ko?

Romance?? Hai! Perhaps I should change my name to @VillageBoi'sLady to satisfy everyone. You know you were a part of the "noise" before I even came in smiley, its funny how this trend changed drastically from "Half of a Yellow Sun:Best Nigerian Movie For 2013" to something entirely different. VillageBoi what do you say? You better don't give me that
VillageBoi:

Absolutely no idea what the twice of yous is talking about!
reply. Before I forget, your movies were nice.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
nessa_girl:

Phew! I actually got a "Hahahaha" and "lol" all in one reply from you.

I was just imagining you about to explode after reading my reply (laughing)and wondering what you'll write next.

Its a good thing you've confirmed that there is no dispute on your having issues because its obvious you and your brother from another mother speedyboi have lots. speedyboi no vex ko?

Haba, you think I no dey do teeth-cough in my entire life(smile & laff at the same time)?
Explode ke!? I never yet reach the level of spontanious combustion.
*Ahem* - e get anyborri wey no get 'issues'?, let hims or hers quicky go and see those lay-on-the-couch doktors wey dey show rubbish paintings wey resemble alien-butterflies while asking "What do you saw in this pincture?"

*Searches for area in post where to add 'hahaha' or 'lol'* - *Didn't find where to write it, shrugs, gives up* lol.

nessa_girl: its funny how this trend changed drastically from "Half of a Yellow Sun:Best Nigerian Movie For 2013" to something entirely different. VillageBoi what do you say? You better don't give me that reply. Before I forget, your movies were nice.

Topic must change nah... why bekos na the HOAYS 'Trailer' we dey here dey kill time wait o! They should hurry up and put it online already!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2013
Clip from Half Of A Yellow Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTqU55tZtc
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2013
ijebabe: Clip from Half Of A Yellow Sun.

It's not even funny anymore... can they just put out a damn TRAILER! I'm losing interest in this film by the year!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
I'm beginning to feel it'll be a flop sad
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by sholay2011(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
ijebabe: I'm beginning to feel it'll be a flop sad
It would not. cool
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
One can only hope...
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
ijebabe: I'm beginning to feel it'll be a flop sad

I doubt it'll be a flop as it has 2 massive things going for it - The name 'Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie' and the globally experienced & successful producers.

Obviously one does wonder why nothing at all has been trickling out as per keeping people interested and engaged considering the very high profile producers. One would have thought they'd be premiering it in festivals well-known for attracting strong distribution but no... it will premier at FESPACO!

Has any film from FESPACO ever gone anywhere? Why there? Why in the world would the 'producers' pick that festival? Is there some politics or behind-the-scenes issue that happened? The film is hardly being spoken about anywhere? So yeah, I personally have so many questions... BUT...

...On the bright side I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. Definitely the producers know what they are doing, afterall, 'Last King Of Scotland' (by one of the same producers) had its prem in Uganda and won an Oscar award 2 days later!

The wait is still nail biting shaa lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? / BBNaija All-Stars: How Nigerians Voted Venita, Soma And Angel / BBNaija: MC Galaxy Donates N300,000 To Nina's Fans To Vote For Her (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.