Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? (6324 Views)

Funny Things Only Nigerians Do / Why Cant We Nigerians Make Our Own Version Of "Coupe Decale" Or Congo "Soukous" / Nigeria: Robberies - 100 Killed And Still Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by bookruman(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2007
The boldness of Armed Robbers in Nigeria is pure nightmare!  It is very shameful to think that our great Nigerian Army can not be used to combat these lazy idiots called armed robbers.  I know first hand how great our Armed Forces performed in Liberia, Sierra-Leaone and now in Sudan.  We have the most disciplined and fearless Soldiers in the world (this is no bragging).  Majority of the United Nations' Armed forces' Trainers based in New York are Nigerians.  The leader of the United Nations Armed forces in Sudan is a Nigerian.  Why can't we use our Armed Forces to combat these Armed Robbers instead of using our poorly trained and armed Police Officers.  I was once stopped by a Police officer in Lagos who demanded that I open my camera so that he will see the pictures that I took of him.  I tried to explain to him that if I open the camera, all the pictures that I took will be damaged.  I was very shocked of such ignorance. 

Fellow great Nigerians, what can we do to stop these Armed Robbers??
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
Publicly lynch them, set the sonofabitches on fire, if they're caught.

Saves the State the expense of a trial, and the armed robber's are less likely to get off on some legal technicality.

That's my view, others may have different opinions.
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by dot2002(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2007
I nor knor fellow naigerian, rather we should just prayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for the ami robbers
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by ifyalways(f): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2007
buy more protectors for your doors. cheesy cheesy cheesy
live a very low life if you must kill chicken,bury the feathers grin grin grin
buy bullet prove cars if flying okada is not gud enough for you smiley smiley smiley

@topic i really dont knowwwwwwwwwww oh.God would protect and save his childern. lipsrsealed
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by divanaija1: 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2007
Sharia Law iz da answer!!! angry Kiddin o.

How bout set up something lik em good'ol Bakassi boyz organisation??.The problem is,the Government is being toooo soft on criminals  angry that's why we hav loads o them out there.Check out d  high rate o crime in high places,wit politicians killin each other to get into offices where they can steal n starch away mo money.In other words,this is eqivalent to armed robbery wit five stars attached  angry. . . . They all start from d lower level, lik em touts . . . .until they get to d higher level,lik em lipsrsealed. . . u kno. . .

N u think armed robbery can b eradicated jus lik that wo we hav a long way ta go

On ma kneels in serious prayers
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by Blatant: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
while zero tolerance for armed robbery should be advocated, we should all also examine ourselves and stop our attitudes of being robbers-in-waiting.

Most of us are robbers in waiting. We just dont have the opportunity to rob yet: maybe not with arms but in different ways
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by OMUWUNMI: 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
lets start thieving the thieves,
do me i do you,God no go vex.
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by ifyalways(f): 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2007
OMUWUNMI:

lets start thieving the thieves,
do me i do you,God no go vex.
where do we start,i mean which governor or honourable member ?where do we meet?time and date plsssssssssssssssss grin grin grin grin grin

God save and protect his own.
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by VeritasInV: 6:48pm On May 26, 2008
The armed robbers are really blazen in their actions?
They are all just lazy cowards who are either too lazy or too stupid to work a job like many pople here in Nigeria.

There should be real consequences for thesse bastards. public excecutions of all armed robbers. to serve as an example.
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by davidif: 2:25pm On May 27, 2008
First of all, never underestimate a desperate man; in this case someone who has not eaten in 2 days.

We should first of all tackle the problem that causes armed robbery in the first place like the incredibly pathetic public school system we have.
Provide free education for all Nigerians, no country can be fully productive if a significant part of its population is uneducated. In yanki and most developed countries there is free education until the university level
Invest heavily in Agriculture and transportation to facilitate the rural economy this would make the rural areas develop and create lots of job opportunities, so that all this kids would not be migrating to the urban areas and ending up in the Mushin's or Ajegunle's and become either prostitutes or armed robbers.
Fix NEPA, if this happens every other thing would fall into place like industrialization creating more jobs for Nigerians.

So my fellow Nigerians let's not forget that in the real world just as statistics have shown us around the world, punishment never deters crime and that prevention is better than cure.
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by Spermdrops(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2008
Nothing much. When most of the "names in high places" rose to power by mounting "road blocks"? Please, ask another question.

Armed robbery is here to stay.
Re: What Can We (nigerians) Do To Stop Armed Robberies? by tamme: 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
governance

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Uturu Cultural Carnival / Nigerian Men and their Foreign Wives / Sad Photos of slavery that would bring you to tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.