Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:17 PM

Have You Met A Celebrity? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Met A Celebrity? (13109 Views)

When U Get Married To A Celebrity Branch Manager, Lol (Photo) / Ever Met A Super Jealous Woman? Check Out The World's Most Jealous Woman / Have You Met This Handsome Nigerian/chinese Guy, Chen Emmanuel? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
This topic may sound flogged to death, but I'm sure others want to hear some fresh stories. It doesn't matter where you met them. Airplane, club, concert, mall, Nairaland (HUH?!?!)… SPILL THE BEANS!

I'll go ahead and start.

I don't live in Nigeria but, strangely, I've met more Nigerian celebs than any other. I've met Anogiri, Timaya, both members of Bracket, and I've met Flavour N'abania twice. I saw P-Square but never got the chance to mingle with them lol.

Believe it or not, they were all pretty chill. Anogiri's extremely humble and actually made time to come to Surulere to see my family and I before he jetted off for Abuja. Very cool guy. 10 over 10 shikena!

My sister and I got to hang out with Bracket, Flavour N'abania, and Timaya the day they had their shows out here.

Smash from Bracket is the ultimate jonzing guy. Everything is a joke to him. Anything you say, he'll use against you lol. If you want to have a laugh, he's your go-to guy. Super hilarious. As for Vast, he's chill but pretty reserved. He didn't talk too much but became a different wild character on stage lol. For the two of them, 9/10.

Somebody say N'ABANIA! Make I open mouth?! Una already know say I get bias towards my guy! In all seriousness sha, Flavour di kwa lovely. He's funny and can be serious, deep. He's actually shy until he gets to know you, then he becomes a character of his own. Very fun, sensible, humble. 10 over 10 shikena! (una saw that coming sha lol).

Timaya. Hmm. Na craze man, just like everyone thought/knows. However, if you are a fine girl, you may need pepper spray for Timaya. 7/10 lol.

As for other celebs, they're not too famous to consider them "celebrities" again. I met Kevin Nash, WWE pro-wrestler. The guy is TALL! 7'0. Imagine looking up to that. I also met the guy that played Denise's husband on The Cosby Show. Martin, the navy guy or so. He's cool as well. Also tall.

That's all I can recall for now, so it's your turn.

Any stories?!

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
undecided
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
Sauer you haven't met anyone?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2012
ogugua88: Sauer you haven't met anyone?
Are they any different people? I once talked to the rooftop MCs. Ever heard of them? Then I met Linda Ikeji once. Just a short conversation. They all look like they have their fears. That's what I found most evident. undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by floriana(m): 2:14am On Jul 10, 2012
I met Jack Bauer and taught him a few things about intelligence gathering and crime bursting.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Jul 10, 2012
Ran into Kirk Franklin like 2 weeks ago at Cheesecake factory in Arlington Texas
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 10, 2012
Celebs will pay to dine with me. But have have met with many of them including Bright (basket Mouth,) Julius Agwu, MI, Naeto C, Ikechukwu, Dbanj, Davido, Play, Eucharia, Ramsey Noah, Kate Henshaw, I cant mention all....
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by mkmyers45(m): 2:26am On Jul 10, 2012
Ran into Mark Zuckerburg and nailed his 'I'm CEO B*tch' business card for a Freelancer contest

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by hammedkola(m): 2:29am On Jul 10, 2012
floriana: I met Jack Bauer and taught him a few things about intelligence gathering and crime bursting.

grin grin grin grin

What about Chloe?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ndidibabe(f): 2:29am On Jul 10, 2012
I have met three celebs; Usher, Tuface and Asa and so many of these guys most Nigerians refer to as celebs; Frank Edoho, Face, Banky W, Funke Akindele, Benjamin and Adora of PF, Pastor Chris, P square, Dbanj and Wande Coal , kate Henshaw, Funmi Iyandan' Segun Odegabami, Femi Kuti, Jayj Okocha, Kanu, Odemwengwie, Catherine Edoho, Iyanya, Praize, Chindima, AY, Ali baba, Basket mouth, Dan Foster, Genevive, ArT Alade, Ill Bliss e.tc Just too many of them!

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 10, 2012
Yeap...I met Meghan Good.....She is even hotter in real life...but skinny and busty!!! grin
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ndidibabe(f): 2:38am On Jul 10, 2012
I can't sleep. I have been thinking about my career.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by hammedkola(m): 2:44am On Jul 10, 2012
I have met with Jose Mourinho when he came to Nigeria (Ilorin) <though just for few secs>...

I have seen Okocha, 2face, and have an hand shake with Prof. Dora Akuyili

Looking forward to meet Arsenal team
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by mkmyers45(m): 2:45am On Jul 10, 2012
ndidibabe: I can't sleep. I have been thinking about my career.

What exactly about it?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by mkmyers45(m): 2:46am On Jul 10, 2012
hammedkola: I have met with Jose Mourinho when he came to Nigeria (Ilorin) <though just for few secs>...

I have seen Okocha, 2face, and have an hand shake with Prof. Dora Akuyili

[color=#990000Looking forward to meet Arsenal team color]

Guy arsenal no come again ooo

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by dasparrow: 2:58am On Jul 10, 2012
ogugua88: Smash from Bracket is the ultimate jonzing guy. Everything is a joke to him. Anything you say, he'll use against you lol. If you want to have a laugh, he's your go-to guy. Super hilarious. As for Vast, he's chill but pretty reserved. He didn't talk too much but became a different wild character on stage lol. For the two of them, 9/10.

Any stories?!

What I am curious to know is which one is smash and which one is vast? I know one is dark skinned and the other light skinned or yellow as Nigerians will say. So the dark skinned one is who? the light skinned one is who?

@Post

I have only come across one celebrity so far and that was over 10 years ago. That celebrity is none other than Sean "P.Diddy" Combs! I met him at the DMV in harlem New York City. He was with some of his entourage. Na so my mouth drop open because the guy is mucher taller than what you see on TV. He is really tall, big boned, and in good shape. In other words, no beer belly or fat hanging from his body.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by waja(m): 3:00am On Jul 10, 2012
They should come and see me. Earthly celebrities.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by MrNigeria2(m): 3:11am On Jul 10, 2012
Terry gee, style plus, dare art alade, African China all in university of Ibadan,. ..then Desmond Elliott in Lagos airport. .he kind of missed his flight but still took time to take pictures. .so down to earth and quite tall.

Actually if you want to meet most celebritie's just go to the airport in Lagos.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Lisa1: 3:12am On Jul 10, 2012
Good point
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by achukwunet(f): 3:37am On Jul 10, 2012
I have!! bracket. Van Vicker, Flavour nabania, Bracket's Manager.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by achukwunet(f): 3:38am On Jul 10, 2012
I agree Smash Bracket is a jokester. Everything is a huge joke to him.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by BabaEleko(m): 3:47am On Jul 10, 2012
@@achukwunet. . . . . . . . No disrespect but pls can I smash?? Don't say no plsss
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 10, 2012
I have met just five. I actually had five minutes one on one with the indomitable WS. I hope it wont be a first time last time experience for me. I wish to see him again. He is such a good listener with a tall "Nigerianess".

I met late Gani Fawehinmi whose humility was legendary. I considered it a great honour to ever have a one on one with him. "Fear of death is the greatest enemy of man, if you conquer fear, you have conquered all" I got that from him.

I have come very very close to Lady Gaga and really felt like touching her b.o.o.bs. [forgive my rudeness]

I have met "Bibi" (Binyanmi Netanyahu), the incumbent leader of Israel.

I don't know if many consider him a celebrity but by my own standard he's one: I have met Biodun Jeyifo countless times and it has not gone beyond exchange of pleasantries on each occasion. He's a fine gentleman.

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by davidif: 4:17am On Jul 10, 2012
There are some celebrities i've met and there are some i just saw. For example, i saw Snoop Dogg once when i was waiting to catch a flight at Boston, he just walked by me along with his entourage. It took me a while to even realize that WOW! this is Snoop Dogg. In that same airport i saw former US soccer player, Cobi Jones, i shook his hands and said "nice to meet you" and former US Coach Bruce Arena.

I also saw Garth Brooks once, and i said hi to him and took a picture with him. He was really nice. I also think i met Peter Falk in Boston or an actor who looked like him because we all seemed to be taking pictures with him.

When i was in New York, i met one of the guys from the first season of "The Apprentice" and i took a picture with him.

I met Brian Grant at the airport in Atlanta some months ago.

I have also met some football players who are in the NFL now or in the NBA because they went to my school at the time.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 10, 2012
Oh am hanging out with Beaf of Nairaland in a few days and am so excited...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by kbdrim(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2012
I've met SISQO, he was in my uni a couple of years ago. we hung out..he was such a nice guy. he knew so much about Nigeria. Met Genevieve Nnaji at Heathrow last year. Also met Tuface, Stella Damasus, Uti, Julius Agwu.
Most post modern stars from Jos were my friends/acquaintance b4 they hit it big. P-square, MI, Katung, Kevin Pam. I remember paying P square 30,000 naira to perform at my show in 2002 grin grin grin
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by bikerboy1(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2012
ndidibabe: I can't sleep. I have been thinking about my career.

I feel you, like wise myself. The career issue have been on my mind heavily since last night.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by achukwunet(f): 4:42am On Jul 10, 2012
Baba_Eleko: @@achukwunet. . . . . . . . No disrespect but pls can I smash?? Don't say no plsss

seriously dude?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Rocktation(f): 4:48am On Jul 10, 2012
I see that Van guy wanted to be a spoilsport there. Didn't he see how his mates were doing it?
@TOPIC- Yeah.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 10, 2012
Nigerian celebs: Wande Coal, Dbanj, Tuface(at events) mercy johnson(on set), Mr Ibu(Known this one for a while, cracks me up that man grin) aki and paw paw(on set). Saw Genny sometime ago @ shoprite
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 10, 2012
I am not feeling that Van's style up there at all. Which kain oversize trouser be that one?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by 27naira(m): 5:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Well, my world is different from the entertainment scene.

I've met Tarik Ahmed (Petroleum Engineering Legend from Texas). I've also spent some time with the Prime minister of Libya. He was a professor in my school smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Names Genevieve Nnaji, Kemi Adetiba, Others As Role Models / Davido Is A Member Of A Popular Nigerian Cult Group & He’s Not Afraid To Show It / Veteran Actor & Ace Broadcaster Sadiq Daba Thanks Nigerians At Women Arise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.