Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,184 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:31 AM

Your Advice Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Advice Needed (584 Views)

Friends I Need Your Advice/ Opinion Plsssss / She Seriously Needs Your Advice On Her Sisters Education / 3:49 CGPA, What Is The Way Forward Please? Your Advice Is Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice Needed by guente02(m): 12:07am On Jul 10, 2012
Hi NL
Im Jesse by name, im 19yrs old and a student. Now i have a problem that i would want every candid nLander to advice me on. Since i graduated from secondary school in 2008 i have been having problems getting into university by all means but there has always been no light at the tunnell's end.Im from a family that is not too good financially, have a late father, a healthy mother and a few wicked relatives. In 2009 i wrote my first jamb (actually graduated in '08) getting a shoddy 194 (i opted for Chem Engr) as my score and definately that didnt little in helping me secure an admission into UNIZIK (Fed Uni), the following year i wrote again this time getting an aggregate of 220, this score actually tried in the sense that atleast it qualified me for post ume exams of which i went (stay in sokoto state, Northern Nigeria) and scored 50...i prayed but it was still negative therefore i was doomed for another jamb again. It came, i wrote, scored 216 and 50 in jamb and post ume respectively, trust my case, it was still d same story at the end. Now this year i wrote this same JAMB with less preparation because i had already been in school (poly of sokoto) for like 6months, so due to my divided concentration i messed up getting just 187 in jamb. I opted for technical education since i couldn't meet up in my science line went for the post getting a disheartening 28 due to the fact that i was nt asked just english questions which has been the routine in the post ume and the admission list is yet to be out though. This is not the issue, the issue is my mom, she just wants me to be in d university and for as long im still going to a polytechnic im yet to satisfy her. She says depressing statements like the comparism of me with other students in the precinct (which i know im better than some sha), my elder sister studying french etc and the way she does it annoys me alot but then i dont get to do anything because it wont help; talking about replying. Whilst im yet know my fate of the yet-to-come-out admission list i would want every reasonable NLander to please advice me on the right path to follow because i cant think straight again because my plight. My mom told me to get ready 2014 for another JAMB for by then i must have completed my NDCS (National Diploma in Computer Science) program in the polytechnic.

#PS: Forgive my write up.
Jesse
Re: Your Advice Needed by Odunnu: 3:45am On Jul 10, 2012
Have you considered a Direct Entry as against JAMB?
Re: Your Advice Needed by guente02(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2012
im not done with my polytechnic for now, so i dnt have ND cert.
Re: Your Advice Needed by Odunnu: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
By 2014 wouldnt you have a diploma?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Somebody To Help....!! / Help Me So I Don't Miss NYSC November Batch C / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.