Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Updating N72 Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Updating N72 Phone (15252 Views)

MTN Gave Me 5k For Updating My Info. / Download Ttpod For Nokia N70/N72 Phone / N70,n72(s60v2 Guru) Ask Any Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 4:32am On Dec 04, 2007
guys,i went to nokia homepage,after inserting my phone code i discovered that there is a newer software upgrade of about v5.0 instead of my v2.0.but have anybody tried it before?should i go ahead with the software upgrade or does it have side effects.my phone was manufacture April.2006.i need you guys advice.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 5:01am On Dec 04, 2007
Go for it.There is no problem.But read the instruction and faq very very well.I've done it to my phone and no problem.If you update your firmware you get more performance.Also you need pc to do that and uninterrupted power supply.Enjoy
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 5:02am On Dec 04, 2007
Go for it.There is no problem.But read the instruction and faq very very well.I've done it to my phone and no problem.If you update your firmware you get more performance.Also you need pc to do that and uninterrupted power supply.Enjoy
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 5:08am On Dec 04, 2007
thanks for your advice.there is two ways of doing that,either with pc or with your phone.i prefer the latter.what do you think?and moreover i don't have pc suit to do it via pc.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 5:13am On Dec 04, 2007
Check whether your phone are among the one that update via phone.If so make sure you've full battery
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2007
Your phone can't update via over the air that is thru your phone.Only 6131 can do that.Check this
http://mea.nokia.com/A4346318.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by kulex2k1(m): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2007
@honsule
yep its a good software i used it 2 update my n80 to n80ie and its working fine. But u need a very good internet connection and there must b electricity (nepa) thruout d upgrade process dats all u nid.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by kosovo(m): 6:16am On Dec 04, 2007
do what u have to do.
upgrade > downgrade
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2007
must i use pc suit for the upgrade?can't i use card reader?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by bimbor(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2007
haba honsule card reader 4 firmware upgrade?! una no go kill person 4 here o! abi na your memory card u wan upgrade grin grin
Get the latest version of nokia PC Suite thats very easy if u have a PC download it directly from nokia web if not get a flash download it on your flash and run it on any PC.i hope your phone has a data cable,connect your phone to the system via the data cable using the PC suite and get your upgrade.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2007
How much is the latest nokia pc suite.What about data cable?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by bimbor(m): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2007
honsule all those stuffs should come with the box i mean they are included wit d phone on purchase provided u bought the phone new. But no probs if u aint got them the pc suite is free on nokia website just select ur phone model and download it on a flash whr u can run it from anytime.as for the data cable if u have a friend dat uses a nokia phone that has the multiple pin port u can borrow a data cable otherwise u can go to slot in ikeja to get one shd be in d range of 2k-3k.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2007
@Bimbor.Am schoolin in ibadan not lagos for christ sake.I should go to ikeja just for data cable.I adjourned the matter till further notice.See ya
Re: Updating N72 Phone by dragnet: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2007
Bimbor, . . . 2k-3k ?? Nah . .dnt tink so. . . If its d usual dku-5 or dku-2 or CA-53 . .cable. . . . . Its n0t upto 1k. . . . .check MABTECH
Re: Updating N72 Phone by Fadajasi(m): 10:26am On Dec 05, 2007
N72 and N73,which is beta?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2007
Nokia suite is free.Look for any Nseries CD or download it from www.nokia.com
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2007
N73 is beta @ Fadajasi.Follow this link
www.nseries.com/product and compare both
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2007
N73 is beta @ Fadajasi.Follow this link
www.nseries.com/products and compare both for your self.Enjoy
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2007
Although am yet to upgrade my phone.Nobody has hinted me on the consequences of upgrading.Guys listen,i read on nokia site that if your phone is having a problem,it is advisable to upgrade.apart from that,i met a lady with N70 phone which firmware was the latest v.5.0 i sent her one of my sis games,and to my suprised when i tried installing it it shows"installation security error.Unable to install"i try installing jar game it just install one time.Guys,am beginning to change my mind about this upgrade of a time.Can somebody explain sth to me concerning the N70 phone that refuses to instal sis game
Re: Updating N72 Phone by dragnet: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2007
Can she install after d0wnloadn directly 4rm d net?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2007
she uses mtn line, you know that will cost her real cash downloading an SIS application, Am talking why can't her N70 phone install sis file only jar.Reason being that v.5 is her firmware.@Bimbor.What is your N70 version?Is it V.2 or V.5.0 or there maybe something wrong somewhere
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
I sent an sis game to her phone N70 it displays"installation security error.Unable to install"
Re: Updating N72 Phone by dekin(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
probably the software installation is set to off. go to settings/application manager/options / software installation and set it to on. online certificate check. off

try that and give me a feed back
Re: Updating N72 Phone by dekin(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
updating ur firmware dosnt in any way affects the ability for u to install apps. infact its just like using windows xp service pack1 and then upgrading to service pack 2 which is faster better etc, likwise same for phone upgrade
Re: Updating N72 Phone by dragnet: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2007
I believ dekin is right. .
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
@Dekin.I will try that out and keep you posted.I will reconsider my desire of wanting to upgrade my N72.Once upgraded,you cannot down grade.Courtesy nokia FAQ
Re: Updating N72 Phone by bimbor(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
honsule my firmware is the latest version: V 5.0705 released 30-01-07 although i didn't do any update that was how i bought d phone. Theres no probs with upgrading software updates are meant to fix bugs in previous version not denying the fact that you may lose some features though but generally your phone is safe just make sure u use d recommended materials and follow onscreen instructions properly and u'll be home and dry. Tell d lady to try the tips given earlier to fix her installation probs they should work. PS: SISX files cannot work on N70 just .SIS n jar files.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
V.5.0 is the latest.I will upgrade mine from V.2.0 to 5.Where on the nokia site precisely can i download the online CD stuff
Re: Updating N72 Phone by bimbor(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2007
Well honsule if u mean the pc suite its rite there on nokia website just choose your region and download d latest pc suite v.8.65.There are several ways this can be done: option 1 is to download directly to your pc, optn 2 is to get an empty cd and burn it directly to it and the third easiest option is to go to a cybercafe with a flashdrive and download it on your flash,this way u can use anytime u want.hope uve got d data cable,its recommended u use a cable not OTA i.e online update.Before u begin the update first check d latest version available specifically for your phone by entering your phone code; a 7-digit code behind ur handset just under the battery compartment.cheers
Re: Updating N72 Phone by kulex2k1(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2007
u need to downlod the latest "Nokia Software Updater" from the nokia website along side Nokia Pcv suite. the sofware updates the fone software
Re: Updating N72 Phone by 4peace(m): 5:53am On Dec 06, 2007
@honsule
Since your version is 2.0 does not mean every phone come with the same version.Mine come with 4.0452.
Disadv of upgrading
1.You can't revert to previous firmware.
2.If you did not follow the instruction and make a mistake, you phone will be dead for life.
3.If you failed to read people comments at www.forum.nokia.com
@ bimbor
N70 can instal sisx too.That what make it unique from nokia 6680
Re: Updating N72 Phone by kulex2k1(m): 6:21am On Dec 06, 2007
@4peace
N70 cannot install .sisX applications. Only .sis and .jar apps can b instald on N70. .sisX apps are meant 4 d newer symbian fones S60 version 3.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! / Everything To Know About The Coming Infinix Note 5 / Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.