Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria (10409 Views)

Beware! Qatar Airways POC Not Nigerian Friendly. Use Emirates, Etihad Instead! / Etihad Airways Experience- What Do I Do? / Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by miracle4(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
*Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria

By Nosa Osula-Aituamen

Etihad Airways has started its six flights a week service between the airline’s Abu Dhabi home-base and the Nigerian city, Lagos.

To celebrate the new service, and Nigeria’s love of football, Etihad Airways operated its iconic sky-blue A330-200 aircraft, painted in Manchester City Football Club’s famous colours, for the launch flight.

The “Blue Moon Rising” aircraft was greeted by a traditional water canon salute on arrival in Lagos at the city’s Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

The Etihad Airways delegation was met by H.E. Ibrahim Auwalu, Nigerian Ambassador to the UAE, H.E. Rashed Naser Musabbah Al Dhaheri, the UAE Ambassador to Nigeria, and senior officials from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, and the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria. ( Continues below..... )
Photo Above: Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, Nigeria.

Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, said: “We are delighted to launch Etihad Airways flights to Lagos and our first passenger destination in West Africa. This is a momentous occasion in Etihad Airways history as we expand our flight network in Africa and increase ties between the UAE and Nigeria.”

During the visit to Lagos senior Etihad Airways executives will meet government officials and local tourism representatives as well as host an evening reception to celebrate the new flights.

The six flights per week Lagos will be operated by an A330-200 aircraft, configured to carry 22 passengers in Pearl Business class and 240 passengers Coral Economy class.

The service is Etihad Airways builds on the airline’s existing flights to Cairo, Casablanca, Johannesburg, Khartoum, Nairobi and Tripoli. ( Continues below..... ) Photo Above: An Airborne Plane

Etihad Airways is lead sponsor of Manchester City Football Club. The “Blue Moon Rising” aircraft was unveiled in 2011 and is one of the many elements of Etihad Airways’ sponsorship of the English Premier League club.

The Etihad Airways logo has been on the Manchester City shirt since 2009 and the airline became naming sponsor of the club’s Etihad Stadium and Campus in August 2011.

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, began operations in 2003, and in 2011 carried 8.3 million passengers. From its hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Etihad Airways serves 87 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America, with a fleet of 66 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and 100 aircraft on order, including 10 Airbus A380s, the world’s largest passenger aircraft. Etihad Airways also holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus. For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com.

source http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by Leripa(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by kittykat1(f): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2012
I luv Etihad
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by moonraker(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2012
will be using their services this summer.. hope they will be better than

qatar and emirates. although i am not trilled with the aircraft. A330-200.

NO in seat computer plug etc
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by thepo(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2012
Welcomed development
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by blackeli: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2012
its high time one of these UAE carriers fly direct to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by question(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2012
How much from Abu Dhabi to Lagos?
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by question(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2012
blackeli: its high time one of these UAE carriers fly direct to Abuja.
It depends on the volume of Abuja passengers.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by nerodenero: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2012
This will greatly increase the followership or fans of Manchester City Football club.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by k10: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2012
problem is most people will prefer to land in dubai not abudhabi
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by manosteel(m): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2012
Abuja does not have large volume of passengers to fill airbus like the type we have in lagos. The last time i flew Ethiopian airline, it had to fly to Accra Ghana to get more passengers before proceeding to Dubai via Adis-Ababa.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by stesia22cute: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2012
I used ethiad to dubai last week n twas realy nice.was in d same flight wit kolo toure sef.they have computer in plugs ooo n they r so organised.though we stopped @ abu dabhi but their buses took us to dubai within 1hr 20 mins.so nice
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by Michael13(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2012
Pls....abeg.....who knows hw much it cost to fly from enugu to lagos.....using ARIK?
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by postemail: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2012
Flew Rwandair to Dubai. It was cheap (115,000naira), but poor service. How much is Etihad?
On a side note
" Kigali airport better than murtala airport." what's wrong with FAAN? "
" young 9ja girl running prostitution rings in Deira. Mid-west madams at it again.. Damn bytches!"
" WARNING! security job sucks in UAE. Don't be deceived, pay is only 300$ (1100AED)+cramped dormitory+ molue transport"
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
I think they will win over many existing Dubai passengers, their in-flight service was good with lot of in-flight entertainments. Their food was'nt bad either. I think with time they will become toast of UAE and Asia travellers.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by slimming: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
We need more local airlines within Nigeria states with standard aircrafts. it will be of great benefits than all these international ones to average Nigerians flighing Lagos, kano, abuja etc
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by Ibadiarann(m): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
kitty kat: I luv Etihad

What do you luv bout Etihad?
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by johnjane00: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
its really informative and is all about business kind kind of instructions here to shows the importance of it to get success in very short time and make your name in the famous personality all over the world..well thanks for share it to me
Halo
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by sunjetg: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
manosteel: Abuja does not have large volume of passengers to fill airbus like the type we have in lagos. The last time i flew Ethiopian airline, it had to fly to Accra Ghana to get more passengers before proceeding to Dubai via Adis-Ababa.

I disagree with u on this.The truth is that some of these airlines have not been giving landing rights in Abuja.This is strategic as it would compel passengers to fly to lagos in order to patronize local flights.Lagos-Abuj is a busy route that the local flight business owners dont want to lose.So many passengers from Abuja to Dubai prefere to fly Emirates and may be Etihad will be another choice now..they will have to go to lagos or use Ethiopian airline whose services are shaby most of the time.

1 Like

Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by blackeli: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
if etihad flew abudhabi to Abuja, it would knock off a lot of business from egypt air and ethiopean air, and make them seat up. plenty people fly to lagos just to fly emirates cos of superior service.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
Nice development.
But when will Nigeria have its own airline that will be the pride of nigerians, instead of giving business to foreign enterprises.
The Federal government could earn lots of revenue by making MMIA a regional hub.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by JUO(m): 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
good
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by conyema12(m): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
Wow!! No more layover at doha for a connecting flight to abu dhabi..

1 Like

Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by elliot777: 12:27am On Jul 12, 2012
Can anyone verify if etihad airways would be operating any services from manchester straight to lagos as that would only make sense since their club manchester city is based in here manchester and there are loads of nigerians in manchester who are tired of travelling via amsterdam or france before reconnecting a flight to lagos or even going all the way to london just to get a direct flight.
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 12:34am On Jul 12, 2012
elliot777: Can anyone verify if etihad airways would be operating any services from manchester straight to lagos as that would only make sense since their club manchester city is based in here manchester and there are loads of nigerians in manchester who are tired of travelling via amsterdam or france before reconnecting a flight to lagos or even going all the way to london just to get a direct flight.
The airline industry doesn't work like that my friend. They've got business to do, hence everybody must fly through Abu Dhabi- that is their hub!
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by emirati1: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2012
Good news Ethiad is on Naija route..buh they still have to do so much to rival Emirates...Ek is still the market leader anyday....
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by moonraker(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2012
stesia22cute: I used ethiad to dubai last week n twas realy nice.was in d same flight wit kolo toure sef.they have computer in plugs ooo n they r so organised.though we stopped @ abu dabhi but their buses took us to dubai within 1hr 20 mins.so nice

A330-200?? i am guessing u mean business class?? anyways, i will believe it when i see it soon!!!
Re: Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria by gistcity(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help: Distance /cost From Lagos To Ondo / Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. / 4 Traffic Related Issues The Nigerian Government Needs To Investigate & Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.