Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:59 PM

What About Qatar? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What About Qatar? (5439 Views)

UCC Offers Nigerians Qatar Work Visa For Free. / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar (no Deposit Please!) / Qatar Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What About Qatar? by Omehhenrychidi: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
I always feel like being in the country name Qatar but funny enough, i know nothing about that very country. Pls, if anyone has experience about that place, i will be glad to know more.
Re: What About Qatar? by eduson33(m): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2012
QATAR IS JUST NICE WITH JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR THOSE WHE HAVE SOMTHING UPSTAIRS.ITS NOT WHERE U GO 4 HUSLING.
NOTE:ITS A MUSLIM COUNTRY SO ITS NOT FOR LOVERS,BECUS IF U DARE,UR HAND GO FOLLOW AM.
GOODLUCK.
but y not try uae?
Re: What About Qatar? by Omehhenrychidi: 3:59am On Jul 12, 2012
Thanks!!
Re: What About Qatar? by clem2love(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2012
Please tell me more ! apart from that can you school there and work at the same time ?

please help me with enough information cos am about to embark for student visa into qatar.

Await your response
Re: What About Qatar? by naijaspeak(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2012
Qatar is a rich country in the arabian gulf. It shares bother with another oil rich country - saudi arabia. The economy has grown so large over the last few years with oil contributing to a large extent to its current riches. The wealth of the country has helped the government of qatar to embark on massive construction of structures. Many western citizens,indians,chinese (asian) including africans are living and working in Qatar just to have a taste of their friendly labour industry.

SCHOOLING. Qatar has a lot of local and international university including colleges. But their school are a bit expensive. To study in Qatar, apply and secure your admission, you will then pay a specified tuition. After the school receive your tuition they will then arrange with the qatar ministry of interior to get you a study visa. Qatar do not encourage student working unlike what student in Australia,UK,USA and Canada are opportuned to. Even if you are permitted to work you can not earn much that can make you meet your financial needs such as school fees,housing,transport,health etc Meanwhile,if you work too much that is longer hours your education will suffer.

WORKING IN QATAR
It is true there are job opportunities in qatar. But this opportunities are opened to skilled men and women who must have certified qualification. There are plenty of jobs in the construction industries for mainly engineers,surveyor,foremen,estate managers etc Qatar also need Hoteliers such as cooks,chef,waiter,waitress,steward,stewardess and also drivers.

To secure employment in qatar, you need the assistance of a sponsor that will offer you a job and then forward your application to the government agencies dealing with employment of foreign workers. Your sponsor will need copies of your certificates,international passport,health papers certifying that you are HIV-free and that you are in good health. However, it is this area of getting a sponsor for employement that most persons fall victims to fraudsters and scammers. This is evident from the fact that there are so many persons,travel consultant and agencies claiming to be genuine professional that can assist the potential traveller to get a job in Qatar. As record shows only few persons manage to scale through this Nigerian agencies and consultant in getting jobs in Qatar.

To avoid being defrauded, I advise a job seeker to go to Qatar on a tourist visa and then look for the job yourself.

HOW TO SECURE TOURIST VISA TO QATAR
Some hotels often the 5 star hotel in Qatar will assist you with a visa provided you book their accommodation for some days. They will need copies of your international passport page to process your visa with immigration. They also need details of your day of departure and flight schedule.An unconfirmed source has that Qatar airways do assist travellers flying their airlines with visas provided they have a booking for a round trip (return ticket) or onward journey to another country._ Please note that there are no Qatar embassy in Nigeria.

STRICT ISLAMIC LAW
Like most countries in the middle east, Visitors to Qatar are expected to respect the islamic culture of the people. No public nudity,kissing and shaking of a woman hand. No public drinking of alcohol except in designated bars,no bringing of illicit drugs or hard drugs to the country. Serious penalty await defaulters or any persons caught with drugs. There is also penalty or punishment in the form of a fine or jail terms for visitors to Qatar that stay in the country beyond the date that is specified in their visa.

However, despite all these laws Qataris are very friendly and hospitable people to foreigners. Arabic is the language of communication but English language is understood by most Qataris and is well spoken. The currencies is the dinars but american dollars and most international currencies is accepted by most big stores and hotel. Qatar is known for its harsh weather as it is a very hot country.
Qatar is intending to host the 2022 football world cup. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: What About Qatar? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2012
@naijaspeak can I have ur email address. I ve sometin to share with you. Where re u now. Kindly drop ur email for me.
Re: What About Qatar? by naijaspeak(m): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
harmmerd: @naijaspeak can I have ur email address. I ve sometin to share with you. Where re u now. Kindly drop ur email for me.
My
Re: What About Qatar? by Omehhenrychidi: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
For all the suggestions, am grateful. I will find a way to come to a compromise
Re: What About Qatar? by Bube43(m): 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
Bros thanks for grate info about Qatar but is there any possible that one can get job in 3days of arrived and how can one get to stay
Re: What About Qatar? by athlone: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2012
naijaspeak: Qatar is a rich country in the arabian gulf. It shares bother with another oil rich country - saudi arabia. The economy has grown so large over the last few years with oil contributing to a large extent to its current riches. The wealth of the country has helped the government of qatar to embark on massive construction of structures. Many western citizens,indians,chinese (asian) including africans are living and working in Qatar just to have a taste of their friendly labour industry.

SCHOOLING. Qatar has a lot of local and international university including colleges. But their school are a bit expensive. To study in Qatar, apply and secure your admission, you will then pay a specified tuition. After the school receive your tuition they will then arrange with the qatar ministry of interior to get you a study visa. Qatar do not encourage student working unlike what student in Australia,UK,USA and Canada are opportuned to. Even if you are permitted to work you can not earn much that can make you meet your financial needs such as school fees,housing,transport,health etc Meanwhile,if you work too much that is longer hours your education will suffer.

WORKING IN QATAR
It is true there are job opportunities in qatar. But this opportunities are opened to skilled men and women who must have certified qualification. There are plenty of jobs in the construction industries for mainly engineers,surveyor,foremen,estate managers etc Qatar also need Hoteliers such as cooks,chef,waiter,waitress,steward,stewardess and also drivers.

To secure employment in qatar, you need the assistance of a sponsor that will offer you a job and then forward your application to the government agencies dealing with employment of foreign workers. Your sponsor will need copies of your certificates,international passport,health papers certifying that you are HIV-free and that you are in good health. However, it is this area of getting a sponsor for employement that most persons fall victims to fraudsters and scammers. This is evident from the fact that there are so many persons,travel consultant and agencies claiming to be genuine professional that can assist the potential traveller to get a job in Qatar. As record shows only few persons manage to scale through this Nigerian agencies and consultant in getting jobs in Qatar.

To avoid being defrauded, I advise a job seeker to go to Qatar on a tourist visa and then look for the job yourself.

HOW TO SECURE TOURIST VISA TO QATAR
Some hotels often the 5 star hotel in Qatar will assist you with a visa provided you book their accommodation for some days. They will need copies of your international passport page to process your visa with immigration. They also need details of your day of departure and flight schedule.An unconfirmed source has that Qatar airways do assist travellers flying their airlines with visas provided they have a booking for a round trip (return ticket) or onward journey to another country._ Please note that there are no Qatar embassy in Nigeria.

STRICT ISLAMIC LAW
Like most countries in the middle east, Visitors to Qatar are expected to respect the islamic culture of the people. No public nudity,kissing and shaking of a woman hand. No public drinking of alcohol except in designated bars,no bringing of illicit drugs or hard drugs to the country. Serious penalty await defaulters or any persons caught with drugs. There is also penalty or punishment in the form of a fine or jail terms for visitors to Qatar that stay in the country beyond the date that is specified in their visa.

However, despite all these laws Qataris are very friendly and hospitable people to foreigners. Arabic is the language of communication but English language is understood by most Qataris and is well spoken. The currencies is the dinars but american dollars and most international currencies is accepted by most big stores and hotel. Qatar is known for its harsh weather as it is a very hot country.
Qatar is intending to host the 2022 football world cup. Thank you.

You just copy and paste from qatarliving.com..............well if you need first hand info contact athloneng@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Am Investing 9m For Msc In University Of Aberdeen / Canada Dv Lottery / Traveling To Canada & U.s Made Easy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.