Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? (33000 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 8:02am On Apr 16, 2013
well mrsdarkskin asked me to post somali food while i was on another thread. so i did, doesnt mean i am black/negroid.

why you guys talking about ethiopian food on here lol, if you were in ethiopia 100 years ago all of you would be slaves. lol
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2013
*Kails*:
L.I.B!!!

Liberian Cassava Leaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDF17hkule4

picture:

I've tried this, very delicious
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Sadly not better than Jamaican beef patties. undecided

that's a tough one because Jamaican patties are just as good as Haitian patties.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
nnenna.1:
Cont'd:

Bitter leaf soup (Ofe Onugbu), with anything from Garri to pounded yam:

Pap (with loads of peak milk and sugar) and Akara cheesy
[img]http://1.bp..com/-eUAk1dH8CkI/UTUuSRgGy2I/AAAAAAAACes/ZCJ-nCsTRFs/s1600/Akara+bean+cake.JPG[/img]

Ummmm. Looks good! cheesy
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
anonymous6:

I've tried this, very delicious

Yeah. I like liberian CL as well.
I do prefer Sierra Leone's but i love how Liberian CL comes with plenty of meat. cool

@somalia..awww come on. No trolling sad more pix please smiley
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hey suga. Better get Kiddie fuh I fugg um up!

Lmao. U stay threatening ppl. grin
But you have a point its just like what anonymous6 and i were talking about in the last page, cooking styles vary person to person...even regions in the same country may have their own flavor so its never exactly the same anywhere. Someone may cook up haiti beef patties that throw jamo patties out of the water. It just depends. I for one have never tried haitian style patties but from the looks of it, i believe its good. But until then in my book Jamo patties on average rule the patty/meat turn over world lol....tongue

@kid i see u. Lol thanks for the edit...you almost brought me to tears lmao.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
^^looks good.
too much of it can hurt you though.
but Soul Food is definitely one of the most delicious "black" foods on planet Earth.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

LOL!!

C'mon son! you're breaking mah heart!! grin
wth is that?!! shocked shocked shocked

that's not Jamo patties...
THIS is Jamo patties look like!! grin

Pahahaha! Well, dem patties were given existence if anything to make us laugh. I used to help my grandad bake patties and bun. I'm a pro at shaping up a Pattie grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Flytefalls:
Pahahaha! Well, dem patties were given existence if anything to make us laugh. I used to help my grandad bake patties and bun. I'm a pro at shaping up a Pattie grin

LOOOOOOL! grin grin
i know right!

But mi cyah too too laugh cah one time mi did crave some crust and decide fi try a ting.
mi did try mek a patty..Flytefallz when I say EPIC FAIL..
trust me it come out ugly nuh f-ck. grin mi just get vex an order chinese takeout. tongue

anyway...have you ever tried chicken patty? tongue
I don't like it at all.

What about veggie patty...now that's some good stuff!! cool cool

i was told it was created in the early 70s when they wanted to enforce healthy food
on the school pupils. Not sure how true it is but I am glad it came into the picture.
It's the bomb!! cool
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
What are we eating tonight? I'm hungry!! sad sad angry

Pattie, brown stew, jerk chicken, curry goat, mutton, and rice & peas won't be a bad idea...

Anyway, let me get some rum and ginger beer ready! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
somali food......am here cause kails asked me to post, i know somali food isnt negroid/black.....but i was invited by a kails

SOMALI FOOD

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Somali food

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
Somali food

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
somali food

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
*Kails*:

LOOOOOOL! grin grin
i know right!

But mi cyah too too laugh cah one time mi did crave some crust and decide fi try a ting.
mi did try mek a patty..Flytefallz when I say EPIC FAIL..
trust me it come out ugly nuh f-ck. grin mi just get vex an order chinese takeout. tongue

anyway...have you ever tried chicken patty? tongue
I don't like it at all.

What about veggie patty...now that's some good stuff!! cool cool

i was told it was created in the early 70s when they wanted to enforce healthy food
on the school pupils. Not sure how true it is but I am glad it came into the picture.
It's the bomb!! cool

Wonder what lunch was before then? I'd cry if they took oxtail away and left me with one pattie angry.
I love lamb, and have tasted chicken. Its aaite. But, I love pattie in coco bread grin.

But eeeeven better, is when I can peel the pastry, eat it, then discard the meat lol. I'm not worthy I know, but I can only be me cry. I used to be told off for trying to get creative with the Pattie shape so I doubt I'm any better than an EPIC FAIL hehe
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 17, 2013
ShyM-X:
What are we eating tonight? I'm hungry!! sad sad angry

Pattie, brown stew, jerk chicken, curry goat, mutton, and rice & peas won't be a bad idea...

Anyway, let me get some rum and ginger beer ready! tongue

ummm yummmy. smiley
wth you know about yard food? tongue grin

Flytefalls:

Wonder what lunch was before then? I'd cry if they took oxtail away and left me with one pattie angry.
I love lamb, and have tasted chicken. Its aaite. But, I love pattie in coco bread grin.

But eeeeven better, is when I can peel the pastry, eat it, then discard the meat lol. I'm not worthy I know, but I can only be me cry. I used to be told off for trying to get creative with the Pattie shape so I doubt I'm any better than an EPIC FAIL hehe

patty in between coco bread...OMFG! you sound like my mom right now lmfao.
she even eats it with hard dough bread..tongue grin #trueyardie

Girl why throw away the meat when you can just have "crust".

i know some restaurants in america sell the crust only and it's common back home 2.
so you can enjoy it without having to waste the meat...personally i love the meat. grin

-edited-
look how mi tun fool.
i responded to your post wrong lol..
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 17, 2013
somalia9: Somali food

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1065232_l-1_jpg008349d09c5358a591873f4c78ebc7e2[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1065249_ramadan-food_1_8210b_jpge65b089c7d08660f2bac060779da101b[/img]

ummm yummmy!!
somali food reminds me of our food.

somali food is very appealing to the eye @ and clearly full of different flavors.
you guys eat a lot of finger foods i see. smiley
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 12:44am On Apr 17, 2013
*Kails*:

ummm yummmy!!
somali food reminds me of our food.

somali food is very appealing to the eye @ and clearly full of different flavors.
you guys eat a lot of finger foods i see. smiley

we got alot of snacks aswell as pasta rice chicken steak fish
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 17, 2013
somalia9:

we got alot of snacks aswell as pasta rice chicken steak fish

I see.

I might have to look up some somali recipes and try them out. smiley
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 1:58am On Apr 17, 2013
*Kails*:

I see.

I might have to look up some somali recipes and try them out. smiley

i dont know if their all online, some are just customary and traditional and the spices we use are only found in somali stores....and are not easily available at american stores.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 17, 2013
Im more into TexMex cuisine than anything else
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
bumped.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 3:29am On May 01, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 3:49pm On May 13, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings / Collection Of Igbo Songs Illustrating Igbo Culture / Caption The Throwback Picture Of Ooni Of Ife 'adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.