Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,273 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns (7964 Views)

Ikunyi Awaji-Ibani, Rivers Speaker Resigns / Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / Jigawa Deputy Speaker Dies In Car Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by mukina2: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
The Deputy Speaker of the Katsina State House of Assembly, Alhaji Bello Majenwaiyya (PDP-Charanchi), has resigned.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Majenwaiyya gave no reason for his decision.

NAN gathered that the lawmakers had advised Majenwaiyya to resign honourably or be impeached. After the assembly had accepted Majenwaiyya’s resignation, Alhaji Sale Magaji representing (PDP-Sandamu) nominated Alhaji Idris Yakubu (PDP-Jibia) as the new Deputy Speaker.

His nomination was seconded by Haliru Atiku (PDP-Bakori).

Alhaji Danlami Kurfi (PDP-Kurfi) said that they wanted to make changes in the house for administrative convenience and had no intention of impeaching the Speaker.

The lawmakers had earlier removed the Majority Leader, Alhaji Shuaibu Tandama (PDP-Danja) as well as the Chief Whip, Alhaji Bala Yaya (PDP-Ingawa).

Dr Lawal Aliyu (PDP-Musawa) was elected as the new Majority Leader, while Alhaji Abdu Umar, (PDP-Bindawa) became the new Chief Whip.

[url=http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/10/katsina-deputy-speaker-quits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29]Source[/url]
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
A Nigerian politician resigned? Was it under duress or what? Hmmm There may be more to this story.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Afam4eva(m): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Tecnically, he didn't resign voluntarily. He was coerced to do so.
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by ismhab(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
How does his resignation reduce the price of garri?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
ok o! he surely deserves a round of applause for resigning!

1 Like

Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Hahahahaha I cant but laugh at what people term resignation. The man was under duress. No Nigeria politician resigns, they can even rule from Life Support, from coma and even from the Morgue.

15 Likes

Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
Someone prolly had a video of him in a compromising situation..
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by OAM4J: 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
If he had not resigned, he would have been impeached and that will be bad for his political career.

He had no choice. Same thing happened to Akerele-Bucknor and Femi Pedro who were deputies to Tinubu. They had no choice but to resign when it was obvious they will be impeached by the house.
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by onatisi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Hahahahaha I cant but laugh at what people term resignation. The man was under duress. No Nigeria politician resigns, they can even rule from Life Support, from coma and even from the Morgue.

shonekan resigned
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
onatisi:

shonekan resigned

Shonekan ran for his life..lol. It was under duress.
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by abousadeeq(m): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Wow......I'm not sure, he just resign.....there is something behinde this..........?
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by bola4dprec(m): 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
Fear is a habit; so is self-pity, defeat, anxiety,
despair, hopelessness and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two
simple resolves: I can!! and I will
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by tigerleggs(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
All Northern Leaders and Political office holders should resign due gross incompetency, and good over their position to the nearest Southerner.
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by olax44(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Hahahahaha I cant but laugh at what people term resignation. The man was under duress. No Nigeria politician resigns, they can even rule from Life Support, from coma and even from the Morgue.
You nailed it
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by F00028: 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
ismhab: How does his resignation reduce the price of garri?

good question!
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by nanidee(f): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2012

+100.

The bolded reminds me of one of the past presidents of Nigeria grin
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by ebamma(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
who cares
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by mutiply: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
whn a white man resigns,he leaves d job completely,whn a naija man resigns,he goes back as a floor member den find his way to top without shame of his previous sins.he will collect his share frm d loot,d moni may nt b huge again.shameless pple

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by omenziate(m): 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
nanidee:

+100.

The bolded reminds me of one of the past presidents of Nigeria grin

No loud am o, dem fit dey watch u o. All dis nairaland spies.
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by GenOrumov: 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
omenziate:

No loud am o, dem fit dey watch u o. All dis nairaland spies.
me sef na retired spy of the kgb. Pls help me find job as spy for aso rock or nairaland, i go manage am.
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by PeeDaVinci: 1:19am On Jul 11, 2012
i wont be surprised if he had signed his resignation letter even before being given his appointment letter as the deputy speaker
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Novice1(m): 3:08am On Jul 11, 2012
tigerleggs: All Northern Leaders and Political office holders should resign due gross incompetency, and good over their position to the nearest Southerner.

na ur fada wan take all the posts?
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by DammyFx: 4:47am On Jul 11, 2012
9ija
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by JimmyBoy1: 6:09am On Jul 11, 2012
So what is actually responsible for this resignation?
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Fairgodwin(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2012
hahahahahahahahahaha. Brother, wetin I do you na?
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by everyevery: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2012
u called dat voluntary resignatn or pressurized resignation i dey laugh.9ja go beta daz my watch word lately
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2012
mukina2:

[url=http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/10/katsina-deputy-speaker-quits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29]Source[/url]
plz ooooo, can sum1 enlighten me on why he resigned?
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Lisa1: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2012
Nice work!
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by sonyjacobs(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2012
I think He only resign as a deputy speaker. He is still a member of the state house of assembly. So Looting continue
Re: Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns by Margretseun: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2012
U're very right!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity / The Man Patrick Ifeanyi Uba / Tribunal Commences Hearing On Atiku’s, Other Petitions Against Buhari, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.