Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. (1343 Views)

Jquery VS Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons? / Please Help Me With Macromedia Flash Slideshow / Need Activation Key For Flash Slideshow Maker Pro V4.87 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by osamedia(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by osamedia(m): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
I am just curious to know which is the best for you, i used Flash pro in my website, www.osamediasolutions.com but after i stunbled into one company's website based in India, I was so much inlove with the Jquery slideshow,so i had a rethink and i almost wanted to offload the flash pro to replace it with Jquery slide show, maybe Carisma Carousel slideshow but some people told me to leave the flash slideshow,that they love it, so i decided to leave it, The Jquery slide show they used, was Infinite carousel slideshow, but anyway, i am asking you to drop your own opinion, about this, Jquery Slideshow and Flash pro, which one do you prefer and reasons, i wana know, if i wana use jquery slideshow, i like that difficult and rare zicoens carousel slideshow, so say ur mind.
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by yawatide(f): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
I think jQuery is better:

1) Uses javascript, which many developers already know. With Flash, you have to learn something new, not to mention, you have to be creative to boot
2) Generally speaking, jQ is lighter than the average, similar-functioning Flash
3) Uses javascript which is free. Compare that to Flash where you have to buy the software

Others, feel free to argue for or against.
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by spikesC(m): 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
its simple, jquery can be customised and creater faster than flash and it runs faster than flash. Flash is a video file and jquery is javascript
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by sisqology(m): 12:36am On Jul 12, 2012
Its stupid to me comparing jQuery to flash....write less, do more! Think!!! JQuery all the way..
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by yawatide(f): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^^ I assume you don't go for products based on the company's tagline. For instance, coca-cola isn't it for me and the last time I drank it, I didn't smile tongue

One could argue that if they bought a flash template or if I hired someone to do it for me, they too could write less and do more, you know, he he. Debate based on the facts, not tagline.

1 Like

Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by osamedia(m): 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
but the reasons why i prefer flash than jquery is that, flash content is very secured, its will be very difficult for you to the same flash work of someone else to your work, but with a site with jquery, u can simply just outsource the code and then you have similar javascript in your page, but flash, you can not outsource it unless you are the owner of the flash work, do anyone agree with me? i know that jquery look more easier for web developers thats why they are all running to jquery/javascript.
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by limitbreka: 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
Everything that has advantages also has disadvantages.
But no matter the advantages flash possesses, jquery is apreciated by both users and admin.

The slideshow in dis site is powered by jquery which makes it lighter

www.zenithclick.com

The site is still under construction sha
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
osamedia: but the reasons why i prefer flash than jquery is that, flash content is very secured, its will be very difficult for you to the same flash work of someone else to your work, but with a site with jquery, u can simply just outsource the code and then you have similar javascript in your page, but flash, you can not outsource it unless you are the owner of the flash work, do anyone agree with me? i know that jquery look more easier for web developers thats why they are all running to jquery/javascript.

nothing is secure, there are flash decompilers
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by osamedia(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
How many web developer knows about this flash decompiler?
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by spikesC(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
osamedia: How many web developer knows about this flash decompiler?
Hmmm, that u don't know doesn't mean others also don't
Re: Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. by osamedia(m): 1:41am On Sep 22, 2012
spikes C:
Hmmm, that u don't know doesn't mean others also don't

Na u sabi.

(1) (Reply)

Opportunities For Agricultural Bloggers / Agropreneurs / I Cant Login To My Paypal Anymore.. / Help Transfer Files

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.