Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States (15840 Views)

New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers / No Redeployment For Corpers Currently Serving In Troubled States Says DG NYSC / NYSC Redeploys Corps Members From Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by ogb5(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
Why will a federal minister be quoting 1979 constitution that has been superseded by Other constitutions.

We have the 1999 constitution, is NYSC enshrined in the 1999? that should be the constitution of reference.

Also the minister arguement is faulty, even if the law says someone should serve in any state other than his home state, that does not make it mandatory for the person to serve in a particular state. Of the 36 states in the country, each corper has the choice of serving in 35 states plus the FCT excluding only his home state. So those posted to Borno state for example can opt to go to Enugu state or Lagos state as long as they are not from those states.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Biggyd2: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by HighChief4(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
I just heard there was a bomb blast at Bauchi camp, I dont know how true that is, but if true then our government are happy with the killings of BH. How could you send someone to a volatile state without putting adequate security measures to protect their lives.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by KayDee4: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
[size=13pt]- Talking of the constitution and upholding the law by putting innocent lives at stake.
- What stup.id security is he talking about ? our security operatives have shown they can't even protect themselves from theses Boko urchins. How many times do we hear of police stations being invaded and overrun by the haramites ?
Its sad GEJ keeps letting his untrained dogs off leash to make a fo0l of his govt.
Mallam Inuwa is an incomplete psycho undecided undecided
[/size]

Iveanyi: Let's fight the fire and not the smoke!
[size=13pt]Interesting !!! How about lets fight the fire and not add gasoline to it by sending innocent people to unprotected 'war zones'. [/size]
[size=13pt]
@Maclatunji, like people have already pointed out to you, some people are in that situation because they have chosen to stay (my cousin who has lived in the north all his life with all his businesses, b4 anyone could say jack relocated to start life afresh), some people who are christians just can't leave cos its their place of origin (that's unfortunate) and a vast majority of people nationwide have been crying out against the incessant spate of bombings in the north and the general state of security in the country so the protests just didn't start with the NYSC postings.
[/size]
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by adesteve: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
Its not difficult now...ko le rara...let him display patriotism by relocating his family to those states first! *smh*
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by JFACTOR1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
This Ministers' comment has caused me a kind of heart attack. I want to explain to him how foolish he is.

Pls Nairalanders,agitating here is an absolute waste of time because he may not see all these we are saying & Neither will his aides bring them 2 his notice.

I suggest if you have his phone number,email or the phone number of his wife or children. Pls drop them here so we can put across these agitations directly to his notice. Thanks
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by NMAAJOOGU: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
@maclatunji.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but don't you think the residents of the volatile places whom you pity can actually help stamp out the violence if the corporate with security agents like the Kano people. But most times they know these devils and yet for one reason or the other, fail to give them away.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by undet: 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
And for all the curses that have been rained upon the buffon called minister, i say Amen to it. Amin!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by jt2010: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by oge4real(f): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
This is man should be taught a bitter lesson. What manner of sacrifice is he talking about?
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by kinguwem: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
I'm disappointed in the action of the Federal Government. The top government officials are insensitive to the risk corpers are exposed to because their wards are not involved.
Our youths cannot be sacrificed for a group of people who don't appreciate the importance of western education. I advise all corps members posted to Borno and Yobe States to gather themselves in Abuja and protest in the streets so that the callous action of the Federal Government can be reversed.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
NMA-AJO-OGU:
@maclatunji.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but don't you think the residents of the volatile places whom you pity can actually help stamp out the violence if the corporate with security agents like the Kano people. But most times they know these devils and yet for one reason or the other, fail to give them away.

The government has to give them the confidence to come out in the open, not talk today and get killed tomorrow. Even the people of Kano have become subdued after the government failed to prove its worth to them in terms of security.

You see, you are already shifting the goal post. When will people stop doing this?
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by lukkie(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
That minister is a lun.atic. I wish Bokoharam would slaughter the slowpoke and his family.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by iSpeak: 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
I am deeply sad @ the Minister of Youth Development, Alhaji Inuwa Abdulkadir's Speech! He should stop mixing facts!
First, the people that went to the civil war knew they were going for war & were definitely prepared for it one way or the other; @ least if not with weapons, psychologically they were!..even @ that the war victims never said that they enjoyed the after effect of the war!
NYSC is not National Youth Military Corps! These are innocent youths who have little or no training on self defense in times of war or chaos & it's not like NYSC also inculcates those qualities too @ Camp!...only to climb all sorts of structures @ the barely 2hrs Man O War activity.
There is something called 'state of emergency'..what do you do @ those times when emergency calls? What has he done to instigate the amending of the constitution to reflect his reasoning since these killings started?
Please don't tell me that only health & marriage are sufficient grounds for re-deployment! Says who?..is life not Health? Or is life not far more important and special as compared to health and marriage? Moreover nobody is disputing that Corpers should not be posted to diverse peaceful states as the constitution provides.
What is his point on amendment of Constitution, before re-deployment from troubled states can be legal....where our own President under their watch renamed University of Lagos without any Amendment of the Act?
Please how old is this Minister representing Youths?..did he even meet the constitutional requirements to be made such Minister? Apart from the obvious fact that none of his children or relatives are anywhere close to these troubled states?..where exactly is he?..why is he in Abuja?...isn't part of his job to ensure the safety & good welfare of the youths?..he should be at those troubled states with the Youth Corpers if he so insist to give them hope!
May the Soul of the departed Corpers and victims of these crisis rest in peace!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by pomporiking: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
Bastard idiot..d abroad ur child dey car go jam an 4 dere
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by ziccoit: 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
Animals are ruling human beings in Nigeria? True or Force?

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Socrates05(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
I was very dissapointed and sardonic by d nonchallant attitude of our leaders in this country. Imagine see that DAFT, RECALCITRANT, UNYIELDING TO CHANGE & BELLIGERENT HOMUNCULUS. Saying a odds and a dirty words from mouth, am highly disapointed in foolish Alhaji Inuwa Abdulkadir. If will dig deep of these man, he must b a failed secondary school leaver. This kind people not supposed to leave with Good people in d Society because they can dent innocent peoples image because of Ghana must Go. May God send u a bokos group and amputate u so that u can turn to begger in Jesus Amen, wit a KADUNA STATE GOVERNOR that asserted last year dat Corpers that fell in post election crises are Destined for that crise.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Eziachi: 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
OmoEziokwu: Alhaji Inuwa Abdulkadir is a fool. We are doomed with the kind of people who rule us cry
How do you make out that this guy is a fool?
A fool because he is a minister doing is job of telling you what the govt position is, of which he is just a servant?
The bucks stops with whoever he is serving a.k.a Goodluck Jonathan, also knowns as the commander-in-chief of the Nigerian armed forced and president of Nigeria.
You are leaving the anus that farted, to knock on the head.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by kwizzy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
The attitude of our leaders today is Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊ reflection of the society.majority of nigerians are very selfish,corrupt,not disciplined and docile.no body cares weather the country sinks or people are being killed so long it doesn't affect them,their families or cronies.that's why Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊ minister will insist on copers being sent to war zones to die for their nation while their children party their lives away overseas.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
Eziachi:
How do you make out that this guy is a fool?
A fool because he is a minister doing is job of telling you what the govt position is, of which he is just a servant?
The bucks stops with whoever he is serving a.k.a Goodluck Jonathan, also knowns as the commander-in-chief of the Nigerian armed forced and president of Nigeria.
You are leaving the anus that farted, to knock on the head.

Kai, this your proverb be as e get.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Biggysmalls919(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji: You people don't get it, Nigeria is on the verge of becoming a failed state. If Corp members cannot be posted to any part of this country, then the government has failed. Now, I agree that people should not be posted to crisis-ridden states. However, instead of corp members and their families selfishly seeking to "escape" those states, we must ask the question, what about people living in these troubled states? Don't they deserve to live a normal life? Away from looking out for "our own." What pressure have we put on the Federal Government to secure these people's lives and property.

People like me say this every week on Nairaland and elsewhere, we get labelled "enemies of GEJ". You should put the same pressure and energy that you have put into protesting posting of corp members to troubled states into pushing the government to actively and efficiently protect the lives of all Nigerians irrespective of where they live.

Anything short of this is selfishness and hypocrisy and you should be ashamed of yourself on that account.
let‘s be realistic. This region before boko haram came on board had already planted this war for themselves. To cut short, zamfara former governor was the one to impose sharia in their state and all bh is doing is to use genocide to achieve their aim. So therefore we should not be blamed for their insecurity since such laws will never favour ppl from other regions.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by ebicon(f): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
i weep for Nigeria
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
Biggysmalls919: let‘s be realistic. This region before boko haram came on board had already planted this war for themselves. To cut short, zamfara former governor was the one to impose sharia in their state and all bh is doing is to use genocide to achieve their aim. So therefore we should not be blamed for their insecurity since such laws will never favour ppl from other regions.

This your kind of realism is distorted. One of the criticisms of Obj. was that he allowed Northern Governors to introduce Shari'a in their states without confronting them. Your argument might have made a little sense had he done otherwise. Boko Haram could easily thrive in Northern Cameroon too, but their government takes its job of securing its territory more seriously than ours it seems.

Another problem we have in Nigeria are analysts like you who don't know what they are talking about. They help to divert the attention of the masses to non-issues that appeal to their most lowly instincts and beliefs. The Kano and Yobe state Governors would probably slap you out of irritation if you said this to them physically.

Is it the people from other regions that Shari'a "doesn't favour" that have started Boko Haram? If you like say the devil is behind Boko Haram, it is still the job of your government to deal with it. Keep looking for excuses.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by chrisme(m): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
I think dis man shld be sacked. Wht non-sense!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by dabrake(m): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
ziccoit: Animals are ruling human beings in Nigeria? True or Force?

bro, how far you nah?
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by frevangel(m): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
Guys stop blaming GEJ and his minister. We know that this minister is obviously not intellectual, but my biggest disappointment is the fact that the states ruled by other political parties have done nothing for their indigens posted to these troubled states. Where is Save Nigeria Group, where are those so called human rights lawyers and activists?

But seriously, he is suppose to be minister for youth development.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by adoniza(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
This man should be sacked with immediate effect.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by malc619(m): 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
The Minister and anyone who supports him is a [size=38pt]B A S T A R D....[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Biggysmalls919(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

This your kind of realism is distorted. One of the criticisms of Obj. was that he allowed Northern Governors to introduce Shari'a in their states without confronting them. Your argument might have made a little sense had he done otherwise. Boko Haram could easily thrive in Northern Cameroon too, but their government takes its job of securing its territory more seriously than ours it seems.

Another problem we have in Nigeria are analysts like you who don't know what they are talking about. They help to divert the attention of the masses to non-issues that appeal to their most lowly instincts and beliefs. The Kano and Yobe state Governors would probably slap you out of irritation if you said this to them physically.

Is it the people from other regions that Shari'a "doesn't favour" that have started Boko Haram? If you like say the devil is behind Boko Haram, it is still the job of your government to deal with it. Keep looking for excuses.
well i didn‘t want to sound too religious but i guess i have to. Am sure u live in this country and u know whenever any issue bothering islam comes up u cant handle it because they will say u are insulting their God. Ofcourse they also feel superior too. There is clear division in our society today to say we are not one and with gej in power they(bh) are never ready to stop this intentional destruction. Ok look at mali now, they are sharing thesame ideology with these guys. But if am the president i will allow them to to have their sharia then ppl should live and work where it favours them.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by joshua8862(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji: You people don't get it, Nigeria is on the verge of becoming a failed state. If Corp members cannot be posted to any part of this country, then the government has failed. Now, I agree that people should not be posted to crisis-ridden states. However, instead of corp members and
Biggysmalls919:
well i didn‘t want to sound too religious but i guess i have to. Am sure u live in this country and u know whenever any issue bothering islam comes up u cant handle it because they will say u are insulting their God. Ofcourse they also feel superior too. There is clear division in our society today to say we are not one and with gej in power they(bh) are never ready to stop this intentional destruction. Ok look at mali now, they are sharing thesame ideology with these guys. But if am the president i will allow them to to have their sharia then ppl should live and work where it favours them.
their families selfishly seeking to "escape" those states, we must ask the question, what about people living in these troubled states? Don't they deserve to live a normal life? Away from looking out for "our own." What pressure have we put on the Federal Government to secure these people's lives and property.

People like me say this every week on Nairaland and elsewhere, we get labelled "enemies of GEJ". You should put the same pressure and energy that you have put into protesting posting of corp members to troubled states into pushing the government to actively and efficiently protect the lives of all Nigerians irrespective of where they live. Am totally in supprt of nt. Posting corpers to north oooooo because am also going to serrve next year pls.

Anything short of this is selfishness and hypocrisy and you should be ashamed of yourself on that account.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by sunkoye: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
angry i fink appointment to ministerial position should be given under close scrutiny and approval of a psychologist. it is very obvious this guy is very unstable like yuguda(bauchi state gov's statement on corp members death).but seriously Abokies are one damn of a species sha!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by lacasa: 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
Desola: Citing the civil war is an insult to the Biafrans. Eleriibu.

Anϑ who are this Biiafrans?

what is Biafra

Na Local govt or village square?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2014 Batch C Corpers Posted To Adamawa Let Meet Here / Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC / NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.