Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People (4083 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by yommyuk: 6:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Matthew 7: 6
“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs. They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.”
What good is it to a farmer to plant his seeds on an infertile ground? It is a waste of time to bathe a pig on a daily basis knowing that at any given time, it will throw itself back inside the dirt at any given opportunity. What use is it in washing a car that will go thru a muddy road, knowing full well that it will get soiled again?
There are some people that have consciously with evil intent, decided in their heart not to accept the gospel. They are the kind that will require physical evidence and proof. But the Gospel is not about what we can see or feel. For we walk by faith and not by sight. Even Jesus Christ decided to leave his hometown because of their unbelief. So why waste your time on those who have been created specifically for destruction.
Life is too short. Don’t waste it. Sow your seeds on a fertile ground.
PRAYER
May the spirit of God continue to lead us along the paths of righteousness IJMN – Amen!!!!!!!
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by buzugee(m): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2012
yommyuk: Matthew 7: 6
“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs. They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.”
What good is it to a farmer to plant his seeds on an infertile ground? It is a waste of time to bathe a pig on a daily basis knowing that at any given time, it will throw itself back inside the dirt at any given opportunity. What use is it in washing a car that will go thru a muddy road, knowing full well that it will get soiled again?
There are some people that have consciously with evil intent, decided in their heart not to accept the gospel. They are the kind that will require physical evidence and proof. But the Gospel is not about what we can see or feel. For we walk by faith and not by sight. Even Jesus Christ decided to leave his hometown because of their unbelief. So why waste your time on those who have been created specifically for destruction.
PRAYER
May the spirit of God continue to lead us along the paths of righteousness IJMN – Amen!!!!!!!
WISDOM
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by alexleo(m): 6:44am On Jul 11, 2012
PRAYER

thats what i ve been saying of recent. We ve argued enough with all these atheists. It is the holy spirit that does the work of soul winning and not our arguments. lets discuss other important things that will inspire us. Satan is deceitful, he can cage us in useless arguements so that we wont have time for other things that will help us grow spiritually.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by buzugee(m): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2012
alexleo:

thats what i ve been saying of recent. We ve argued enough with all these atheists. It is the holy spirit that does the work of soul winning and not our arguments. lets discuss other important things that will inspire us. Satan is deceitful, he can cage us in useless arguements so that we wont have time for other things that will help us grow spiritually.

WISDOM
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by thehomer: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
PRAYER

D'aww. Are you Christians giving up?
How about the Great Commission?
I'm open to reasonable arguments. If God hasn't given you the best arguments, then why don't you go and cry unto him for failing you? Good arguments led me to reject your God, better arguments will help me do otherwise. If your God gave you faith, why doesn't he give me some too? Or am I to shutter my reasoning for that to work?
If you're looking for fertile grounds, then I advice you to leave the Internet because it is where religions come to die.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by dare2think: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
Just some quick little questions!

Who decides who is holy and who isn't?

Does debating in favour of a particular religion makes one holy? or does dis-agreeing with those in favour of that religion makes one unholy?

Who makes these decisions?
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by justaqad(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
PRAYER

was jesus on codeine when he instructed his followers to preach to the world(Mark 16:15)
when you fail theologically,rationally and scientifically to prove ur belief,u resort to cheap tactics.
Is the holy spirit afraid of over 4 billion people that doesnt believe in jesus?
Thrash.the same bible is used daily to debunk ur faith,yet u yell spirit.mstchew
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by thehomer: 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2012
alexleo:

Of course. So I guess it is the Holy Spirit's fault that everyone doesn't yet believe. I wonder if this would count as blasphemy against the spirit.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by mikeeze(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
@op inasmuch i understand what you wrote,ur thesis is wrong!.how do i mean? We"ve been sent to preach to such people but if they dont accept what you say,"wipe the dust off your feet"and pray for them instead.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by yommyuk: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
justaqad:

was jesus on codeine when he instructed his followers to preach to the world(Mark 16:15)
when you fail theologically,rationally and scientifically to prove ur belief,u resort to cheap tactics.
Is the holy spirit afraid of over 4 billion people that doesnt believe in jesus?
Thrash.the same bible is used daily to debunk ur faith,yet u yell spirit.mstchew

Oh yes. But again, the same Jesus Christ did not hang around the pharisees that much becos of their unbelief. And that is my point.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by alexleo(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
mikeeze: @op inasmuch i understand what you wrote,ur thesis is wrong!.how do i mean? We"ve been sent to preach to such people but if they dont accept what you say,"wipe the dust off your feet"and pray for them instead.

Yes you are right and poster is right too according to 1st Timothy 6;20, 21. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by alexleo(m): 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
thehomer:

Of course. So I guess it is the Holy Spirit's fault that everyone doesn't yet believe. I wonder if this would count as blasphemy against the spirit.

I still insist on no further argument with you guys. Say whatever you like concerning God's word,thats your opinion and it doesnt change my believe in him. For me, I decided to follow Jesus and no turning back. My life without Jesus is useless and meaningless.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
alexleo:

I still insist on no further argument with you guys. Say whatever you like concerning God's word,thats your opinion and it doesnt change my believe in him. For me, I decided to follow Jesus and no turning back. My life without Jesus is useless and meaningless.

Deluded fool. You must be ignorant of the people that live better lives than you without Jesus. Does a person really need Jesus to be good?

Here is a reminder

[img]http://3.bp..com/--07wpi3QRAU/TfqCn2RcrjI/AAAAAAAAAaM/kiTyqOnnzKo/s1600/Good+without+God.JPG[/img]
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by mikeeze(m): 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
bro ex-logicboy,these people you mentioned have gained the whole world and lost the very thing that matters,their very"souls".what good is there to that? and i wish u could help me ask them where they would love to spend their eternity cos no one lives forever.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 12:33am On Jul 12, 2012
mikeeze: bro ex-logicboy,these people you mentioned have gained the whole world and lost the very thing that matters,their very"souls".what good is there to that? and i wish u could help me ask them where they would love to spend their eternity cos no one lives forever.

Dumbazz, they dont believe in your heaven and hell that is why they are atheists/agnostic. When you die, you die.....end of story
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by alexleo(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2012
mikeeze: bro ex-logicboy,these people you mentioned have gained the whole world and lost the very thing that matters,their very"souls".what good is there to that? and i wish u could help me ask them where they would love to spend their eternity cos no one lives forever.

You dont need to respond to him. He is doing his job. Its a waste of time to want to come to agreement with them. Learn to ignore them.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2012
alexleo:

You dont need to respond to him. He is doing his job. Its a waste of time to want to come to agreement with them. Learn to ignore them.

Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Jul 12, 2012
God has a wonderful plan for you.

Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by thehomer: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2012
alexleo:

If you feel your life without Jesus is useless and meaningless, by all means, continue. I don't want to be responsible for your suicide or your decision to go on a killing spree.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by cyrexx: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs. They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.”.

So why waste your time on those who have been created specifically for destruction.

what an irony, an All-loving Creator decides to create some people specifically for destruction and yet he is still angry with them for being created for destruction.

a great irony indeed!!
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by cyrexx: 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
so it is true that the core message can be summarised as:

A long long time ago, an all-knowing (omniscient) un-created Spiritual Being in the sky created some other spiritual beings who He knew would piss Him off. When they did, He punished them and sent them off only to make human beings who He also knew would eventually piss him off again. When they did, He killed almost all of them.

Eventually, the all-knowing Being in the sky got fed up with the human beings doing things He knew they were going to do that would piss Him off again, so he takes his son and nails him to a cross and says" See? Now look what you made me do. You should be ashamed of yourselves"

Isn't that the essence of the core message in the Bible and the rest is just to fill up more space
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by tobechi20(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
Op, i am a christian...but i partially disagree with you

ARE U HOLY?

Jesus said 'd doctor came for the sick .

Jesus left heaven and spent his time on earth 4 us...why cant we do the same??

If u cant convert a sinner with ur lips, use ur actions, pray and fast

d parable of the man who left 99(holy) sheeps in search of one missing(unholy] sheep. IS THAT WASTE OF TIME?

if a sinner is searching 4 proof in order to convert, give it to him
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
tobechi20: Op, i am a christian...but i partially disagree with you

ARE U HOLY?

Jesus said 'd doctor came for the sick .

Jesus left heaven and spent his time on earth 4 us...why cant we do the same??

If u cant convert a sinner with ur lips, use ur actions, pray and fast

d parable of the man who left 99(holy) sheeps in search of one missing(unholy] sheep. IS THAT WASTE OF TIME?

if a sinner is searching 4 proof in order to convert, give it to him

The op is the kind of christian that can not live with people of other faiths/religion/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpva_iit-8
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by God2man(m): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
buzugee: WISDOM
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by God2man(m): 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
alexleo:

Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^

"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6

God has no business with proud and arrogant people, when they humble themselves , then he will reveal himself.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by thehomer: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
frosbel: ^^

God has no business with proud and arrogant people, when they humble themselves , then he will reveal himself.

How do you know I'm proud and arrogant? Maybe you're the one who is too proud and arrogant to pray for and discuss with others who think differently from you despite the fact that they may change their minds. If the Holy Spirit isn't doing his work, why don't you ask God and see if he'll do it?
While you're asking him, please let me know so I can mark the date and I'll give you the results of your prayer.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by yommyuk: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
cyrexx:

what an irony, an All-loving Creator decides to create some people specifically for destruction and yet he is still angry with them for being created for destruction.

a great irony indeed!!

There are some pple who want to be saved and some who careless. There are also some that will attack and kill u for preaching the gospel to them, e.g. members of BOKO HARAM. Will u waste your time trying to convince such pple. GET REAL BRO

Jesus Christ said in Luke 9:5
"And if a town REFUSES to welcome you, shake its dust from your feet as you LEAVE to show that you have ABANDONED those PEOPLE to their FATE."

Matthew 10:16
"Look, I am sending you out as a sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as smakes and harmless as doves.

1 Thessalonians Chapter 5 Verse 22
"Stay away from every kind of evil." - Meaning some people are inherently evil. Such people should be avoided like a plague.

Ecc 7:15-17
"I have seen everything in this meaningless life, including the death of good young people and the long life of the wicked people. So don't be too good or too wise. Why destroy yourslef? On the other hand , don't be too wicked either. Don't be a fool! WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME?

Cheers!

"
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
frosbel: ^^

You are agreeing with ignoring and looking down on atheists and you have the nerve to call someone "proud"?

Hypocrite.....you should have been a pharisee

(1) (2) (Reply)

All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved / Being In The World And Not Of The World / Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.