Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

How Do I Prepare Edikaikong - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Prepare Edikaikong (5000 Views)

How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander / Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prepare Edikaikong by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2007
i love the soups, edikaikong and afang and i can't prepare it. All my calabar or akwa ibom sisters or brothers in the house, help a sister in need. i'll appreciate the ingredients and the recipes. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prepare Edikaikong by sukieboy(f): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2007
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Its Ok! I believe alot of my sisters will definately help you out more than the little am gonna give u now.

For Edikang Ikong:- the name actually means Pumpkin soup with very small water and lots of goodie goodie cheesy
so, u will need;

1. Pumpkin leaves (Ugu)
2. water leaves
3. Smoked fish
4. Meat+ Kpomo(Optional)
5. Palm Oil
6. Stock fish
7. Periwinkle(Mfi) shelled or de-shelled cheesy
8. Crayfish
9 Onions+Pepper+salt
10. Water.

I will get the procedure for you and a sister might do that before am back here ok?
ENJOY your day my dear

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare Edikaikong by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2007
thank you so much sukieboy. i anticipate ur reply wink wink
Re: How Do I Prepare Edikaikong by ellapie(f): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2007
the procedure is wash ur fish,stockfish kpomo etc with hot water,put small water on fire and add ur fish stock fish,meat,allow to boil for 15 2 20 mins,then add ur groundede pepper and crayfish with the periwingle,add ur maggi and salt,then allow to steam 4 5 to 10 mins,add ur cutted water leaf,dont bother about the small quantity of water u have in the pot,water leaf produces water,after 2 mins,add ur palm oil(till it comes up)and finally add ur ugu leave,remember to check salt and pepper agian to see if u need to add more.
am not from calabar but likes making dishes so dat if i get married tomorrow,my husband will always be thankful to god.
pls can anyone help me on banga soup?wants to learn fast.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Cereals, Beverages, Milo, Cornflakes, Milk At Factory Prices (Pics) / How Do You Prepare Your Indomie? / BABY FOOD MIXTURE PAP(millet,soybeans,garlic&ginger)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.