Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA (6619 Views)

What Topics To Cover In Java To Be A Guru? / Convert This Java To Dotnet Very Urgent / Does Anyone Have Tips On Using Java To Interact With A Usb Device? Its For My Final Year Project. Pl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by striker07(m): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2012
Programmers please i need your assistant on this issue, i want to develop a software that can do a standard CGPA Calculation in java, that will be database driven, please i need suggestion on how to accomplish this task, i have been on this for a while, all suggestion will be appreciated, thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by Encube20(m): 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
First of all which of the java IDE re u using ?
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 12, 2012
if you know java and you know how to perfom your task manually, the albeit hard part is translating the manual process to java. this is a very simple and staright forwared program

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 12, 2012
delete
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by dolpaz: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Use netbeans IDE GBAM !
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by striker07(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ Encubee i make use of Netbeans
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by lordZOUGA(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
what does this problem have to do with IDE... Shouldn't you guys be more concerned with algorithm?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by ektbear: 12:12am On Jul 13, 2012
this is trivial dude

it is just a weighted average
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by naijaswag1: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by Lisa1: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2012
Great
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by striker07(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2012
@ naija swag thanks for the links @ all thanks for your various contributions, more contributions will be appreciated
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by piouson(m): 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
You've been on this for awhile but you still did not point out what you've been having problems with.
How do you intend to calculate the CGPA??
1. input each semester GPA?
2. input each module result?
Extra features of application??
1. database (what did you do on this)?
2. retrieving all preciously recorded GPAs?
3. retrieving all module results?
4. line/bar/pie charts to show individual growth?

I dont think you need go as far as the JDBC for this, using a .CSV file will do the trick!
I'll have so much fun implementing this on Android:
primarily with Java, Content Provider for storage, WebView for charts using HTML5 Canvas and Javascript....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by VURN(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
The CGPA application u want to develop, is it for individual use by the students or for a whole students in a department to be used by exam officers of the department?? If it is the former, very simple. If it is the later, very tasking as you really have to think and reason the hell out of your brain. I am already developing the one for exam officers for a department but i use VB.NET. You only have to understand the problem you want to solve before you can solve it. All the best.
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by oladayo042: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2012
ekt_bear: this is trivial dude

it is just a weighted average
Abi ooo. EXCEL can do this both for an individual and a whole department (a sheet will be dedicated to a student).
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by kcpragmatik(m): 5:57am On Jul 23, 2012
[quote
author=coolcurrent4u]if you know java and you know how to perfom your
task manually, the albeit hard part is translating the manual process to
java. this is a very simple and staright forwared program[/quote]......lyk how do yu get to do it(pardon a novice)
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by VURN(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2012
Yes oooo, finally, am done with my CGPA software. But i used VB.NET
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by umaryusuf(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
I recently did a 4 point GPA calc and am planning to add database & CGPA capabilities to it soonest.

Here is the download link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/e1EvFyD_ba/gpa_calc.html

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by trytillmake(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Na soso management system Nigerian Students dey do, pls be more creative with the language.

Ok let me be of small help, like sme1 said in an earlier post, try to understand the language then use it or speak it into creating watever u want simple as dat, if u get stuck, u can google on the area u do not know and find solutions. this link can help u learn from scratch http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/java.html or use sams learn java in 24 hrs to get u easily started in java here [url]bookzz.org/dl/1307177/c07480[/url].
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by bot101(m): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
piouson: You've been on this for awhile but you still did not point out what you've been having problems with.
How do you intend to calculate the CGPA??
1. input each semester GPA?
2. input each module result?
Extra features of application??
1. database (what did you do on this)?
2. retrieving all preciously recorded GPAs?
3. retrieving all module results?
4. line/bar/pie charts to show individual growth?

I dont think you need go as far as the JDBC for this, using a .CSV file will do the trick!
I'll have so much fun implementing this on Android:
primarily with Java, Content Provider for storage, WebView for charts using HTML5 Canvas and Javascript....
i have written something like this, just without the database feature and its already on android and windows platform. build.phonegap.com/apps/982930/share
Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by edwardkci: 7:38am On Oct 11, 2016
I hv developed a full CGPA system in use in some university here in Nigeria and it a centralized type for the entire university with transcript archiving result report in different format n course bank, bulk excel score upload. But I used php/ mysql.

Call meto give u a guide and blue print
See detail on wwe. sedulushost.com with other library application

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA by Nascimento(m): 12:54am On Oct 15, 2016
lordZOUGA:
what does this problem have to do with IDE... Shouldn't you guys be more concerned with algorithm?

Thank you jare. Some folks will just be feeling like programmer, when all they know is html. The guy needs algorithm not IDE. He can use eclipse if he wants.

(1) (Reply)

Elearning Website Development: Top 12 Tips For Creating A Successful Marketplace / Computer Science In University Of Lagos(unilag) ? / FG Pays N81.7bn On Customs Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.