Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies (1671 Views)

Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by dadde(m): 9:37am On Jul 11, 2012
I have seen many employees generating several lies in other to attend interviews in other companies.
Bellow are some of them:
1. Dana plane crashed behind my house.
2. i have persistent stomach pains ( mostly by ladies)
3. am sick
4. add your own.
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by kweku8888(f): 8:12am On Jul 12, 2012
Had to take my baby to the hospital for immunisation.
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by dadde(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2012
my grand mother was sick
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by spicyv1(f): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Lol@ OP. Thank God I have never really found myself in such situation. I pray never to because I always want to do things God's way.
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by Saifullah01: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
I hav lost count of haw many times my grandmother died, even though her first and real death was b4 I was born.
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by dadde(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
Saifullah01: I hav lost count of haw many times my grandmother died, even though her first and real death was b4 I was born.
is your grand mother an Abiku. die live and die again
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by dadde(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v: Lol@ OP. Thank God I have never really found myself in such situation. I pray never to because I always want to do things God's way.
then you most be satisfied with your current job and u don't want to explore elsewhere.
good for you.
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
I have an emegercy call from my mother! I shall be back in office very soon. First send by text and followed with a call after 30min... Then switch off.

It works grin

1 Like

Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
I have an emegercy call from my mother! I shall be back in office very soon. First send by text and followed with a call after 30min... Then put everybody in the office in a blacklist call

It works grin
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by dadde(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
TEXZLEM: I have an emegercy call from my mother! I shall be back in office very soon. First send by text and followed with a call after 30min... Then put everybody in the office in a blacklist call

It works grin

your damn good. i think i will try this one of these days
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by aduhube: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
I am seriously purging and will need to be in the house. But make sure they will not come visiting.
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by question(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
This happened about 7 years ago.
I used to have this boss who did not like me. So I started applying for other better jobs. I had missed several interviews because this man refused to allow me when I tell him the truth.

So one day, I was invited for an aptitude test. To go for this test, I had told my boss that I was sick. Some weeks later, after passing the written test, I had to go for the oral interview. So I called my boss and told him that I was down with malaria. He was suspicious and asked if I had gone to the hospital or taken drugs. I said yes. He asked for the name of the clinic. I told him.
Immediately after the interview, I had to rush to the clinic and form like say i get fever. The doctor placed me on admission...(probably to make some money...I swear, some doctors dey admit person wey get catarrh).
That same evening after work, my boss came to the clinic to confirm that i was really ill (I guessed as much). Even when he saw me lying on the hospital bed, he was still skeptical.

Long story short, a few months later I got the job.
When I gave my resignation letter a copy of my employment letter to that my boss, you need to have seen his face.

1 Like

Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
He lied to his boss that he wasn't feeling fine, but was updating his Facebook status every 30 mins, including 'Port Harcourt here I come'

Forgetting his boss was among his FB friends grin

4 Likes

Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by dadde(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
Jarus: He lied to his boss that he wasn't feeling fine, but was updating his Facebook status every 30 mins, including 'Port Harcourt here I come'

bad lier
Re: Lies You Told Your Boss For You To Go For An Interview In Other Companies by mcstan18(m): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
Jarus: He lied to his boss that he wasn't feeling fine, but was updating his Facebook status every 30 mins, including 'Port Harcourt here I come'

Quite hilarious!!!

(1) (Reply)

ISO 9001 / Pros And Cons Of Computer Based English Language Tests / First Kaduna Oil and Gas Career Fair and Training (FREE FOR ALL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.