Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? (27616 Views)

Original Tm Lewin Shirts And Other Clothing For Sale / Anyone Interested In Bulk Tm Lewin, Austin Reed Or Charles Tyrwhitt / Get T.m Lewin Shirts Anywere In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by flow1759: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
TM or no TM. Someone can b puting on a original Tm and anoda fake. If d guy wit d original no package well, d shirt go b like MONKEY wey wear Tm. Aba boys dey try abeg, 4 we wey no fit buy shirt 12k, we buy 4k own na, abi no be so?
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Undabridge(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
I don't know why people still pratronize this foreign shirt brand when right here in Lagos you will find good tailor/fashion designers that will sew a smart and fitted or corporate shirt for you.As someone have said that shirt materials abound in the market where they source for them.So I guess it's lack of knowledge on how to get dis tailors or designers that is causing you to still buy the foreign brands.

2 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by oldlord(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
imported goods is one thing killing our economy. Nigerian should learn hw to appreciate and encourage our own. if Aba can sow a suite that match imported once, why are we petronising them. ego class and ' i-want-to-belong' is the cause of it all. umu igbo am proud of u guy. Aba tailors ndewo nu

2 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by KINGwax(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
Someone needs to tell me these shirts were made of iron and sewn wit riveting pins mehn! What da fucck? I'm jes too simple to be scammed! I aint a sybarite either. Any shirt more than two-thousand-naira notes is rubbish to me! I dnt show off too but i dress better than all y'all. That's why handkerchieves will alwys be joined wit straps at all four ends and be sold for ladies who'll proudly wear them leaving the whole back bare. how much is that now? Stupid mammals! All of ya!

3 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
If u haven't been to aba before u dey blab nonsense about igbos, bro u re sitting on a long tin. Hola @ ma famous enyimba city. May God punish T.A Orji for neglecting thee.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by ochukoccna: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Jcjames(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
Eyaaa its not only you. Me I dont know where to buy water that is made in UK or USA. I suspect that all the water they sell here are made in aba

3 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by yommy2sure(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
Batam: So many Nigerians are suffering from egoism. What is wrong in wearing Aba made shirt? Most of these shirts are not inferior as we think because most of the materials are imported. We are only craving for foreign names to look for unnecessary attention. Let us lay aside all pride and patronize made in Nigeria products
thank jare...na wao @op....from your post its obvious you only buy these shirts to bring up ur esteem and ego...what the hellh. u love them so much that u cant recognise the fake ones...so if u gat quality for a low price and @ a cheaper rate...then it is still wrong becos its not foreign but made in aba?..and then we want the government to solve all our problems.?....*sighs*.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
KINGwax: Someone needs to tell me these shirts were made of iron and sewn wit riveting pins mehn! What da fucck? I'm jes too simple to be scammed! I aint a sybarite either. Any shirt more than two-thousand-naira notes is rubbish to me! I dnt show off too but i dress better than all y'all. That's why handkerchieves will alwys be joined wit straps at all four ends and be sold for ladies who'll proudly wear them leaving the whole back bare. how much is that now? Stupid mammals! All of ya!

Bros, I dey feel your easy going flexing jare. Nothing do you. Keep on patronizing the brothers.

Aba guys dey try wella. They will spend the economy locally as well.

Made in Nigeria for life. Help the economy grow. FG won't do everything.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by sumgelem(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
Some Nigerian youths and fake lifestyles
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Imagineers: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
Proudly Nigerian, my shirts are sewn in Ikorodu and I told the designers to print "Made in Ikorodu" label for it. Many of you like to deceive yourselves hence we put those names that you love to see. What you are buying in fashion is just the name.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

No.... Just broke and cheap...

@ post..

T.M Lewin is so 2001.... H & C are the in thing now
yea, but not those high collared ones that make one look imprisoned. Best shirt-maker ever na Thomas Pink sha.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by keni: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
[size=20pt]PLEASE HOUSE DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE CONTACT OF THE ABA BOYS IN LAGOS I NEED LIKE 10 PCS ASAP

THANK YOU
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
all of you talking 'aba-made is the same', try wearing a proper jermyn street shirt just once, dem no go tell u. Quality will out, always.
Besides, when you know your shirt cost 15k, you no go allow one drycleaner use 'klin' wash am, if you wear them well they tend to last much longer than aba-made.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by NwaTeacher1: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2012
A friend of mine who waz a designer in Aba Traveled 2 Uk last 2 years ago. He is still into designing in Uk and use 2 export his product in Naija. Could u imagine, the same material of suit i use 2 buy 4rm him at 8k then do go for 45k.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by XtremeBase(f): 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
stolen stone: guy wear d aba made, d thing dey dey solid! Lets encourage our home industries! Those guys at aba are doing a great job, i tell ya! If u reach there, u go see where boys dey couple these wears like mad! Infact d labels including TM lewins and d rest of them na 10naira each dem dey sell am. Urs is just to select a good shirt material and they will take ur measurements and voila u got urself a TM lewins shirt! Oya come make i take ur measurement sharpally...

Pls do you have any contact of very great aba tailors, i'll appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by chucky234(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
What's so special about TM lewis,I have some gucci,next,lauren and enyce but never care about that TM Lewis as their shirts look too old school for me,I prefer Marks and Spencer to their shirts.

Talking about ABA I think those guys are doing a good job but nost of them uses substandard fabrics,they are also nice shirts from Hongkong selling for 3k at some of the standard boutique in Lagos Island.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by tymund: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
@poster why do we like deceiving ourselfs.

Once up on a time it was imported 5alive...mdo we av Nigerian made 5alive ?
Does it test well....

Do we av Nigerian packaged cement ?

How about PAN I.e peugeout of the eighties ?

What about cocacola.....

If only you know where your so called TM Shirts are made...do you know vietnam and Cambodia...

Pls let's stop fooling ourselves. I believe if not for our Aba brothers many Nigerians will be walking poorly dressed
Cos we can really afford the so called Amecan and Uk labels.

I rest my case
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by chucky234(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
keni: [size=20pt]PLEASE HOUSE DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE CONTACT OF THE ABA BOYS IN LAGOS I NEED LIKE 10 PCS ASAP

THANK YOU
[/size]
Go to Lagos Island around Marina/Kakawa you will importers who sell both Hobgkong shirts for 2k to 3k and they are durable.
I took one of my Indian friends there last week and we were able to get few shirts there at 3k for his office use,we also got nice suit there for 25k.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by renewnaija(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
chaircover: Yes Yes and Yes they are def made in ABA or imported from China

The cheapest you can buy a TM Lewin shirt retail in the UK is £20. They offer wholesale prices but that is if you buy 100 shirts and even then the discount isnt fantastic. They are then shipped to Naija at £3.50 per kilo, the shop owner pays for his/her shop rent, sales staff, power, water, security, tax, business rates and so on and then puts a price tag of N6000 on it . . . . and then customers say its too expensive and say someone brings it to their offices for N4k

What can the retailer do? either he/she joins them or like me, stop stocking them full stop.

I just got back from the House of Fraser half and hour ago and Ralph Lauren polo shirts are selling there got £79. Who will buy a Ralph Lauren polo shirt off me for N25,000 minimum. Even so called happening big boys wear the fake ones with pride. You can tell from a mile away with the saggy collars and bottom but do they care NO.

So true @ bolded.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
tymund: @poster why do we like deceiving ourselfs.

Does it test well....

What about cocacola.....

If only you know where your so called TM Shirts are made...do you know vietnam and Cambodia...

Pls let's stop fooling ourselves. I believe if not for our Aba brothers many Nigerians will be walking poorly dressed

I rest my case

Unfortunately ABA only does hommies and yuppies fashion, imagine buying Aba suit for a wedding, my pants were sagged. i had to wear the suit all day in teh hot afternoon because i did not want people to see my saggy suit pants - na wa ooooh.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Ugoobuz: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
Guy, why do you want to demarket Aba like that? Mind you, if every city in Nigeria can contribute 50% of what Aba contributes to the national economy, importation will reduce drastically.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by cbaba: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
please gimme a call [size=13pt]08088267830[/size]...i will hook u up with my little cousins in ABIA,they sell and 'export' to LAGOS boutiques on a weekly...50,000 for 30 TM LEWIN 'aba' shirts. you will never know the difference. Trust Me.
chucky234: Go to Lagos Island around Marina/Kakawa you will importers who sell both Hobgkong shirts for 2k to 3k and they are durable.
I took one of my Indian friends there last week and we were able to get few shirts there at 3k for his office use,we also got nice suit there for 25k.

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by cbaba: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
keni: [size=20pt]PLEASE HOUSE DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE CONTACT OF THE ABA BOYS IN LAGOS I NEED LIKE 10 PCS ASAP

THANK YOU
[/size]
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
tj-dj:
Fake TM shirts are very common but to buy original ones make sure u patronise shops like TWICE AS NICE i guarantee you they sell original ones at 7000 for men and 5,500 upward for ladies,i once fell for one of those fake ones before but since i started patronisinf twicw as nice,i sin no more

BIG LIE!!! This topic has confirmed my worst fears. Almost all my shirts are T.M/John Francomb, and I buy these shirts exclusively from Twice as Nice and Suntan - both on the Opebi/Allen Avenue axis in Lagos. Lately (in fact, since last year, if not earlier), I have discovered that the quality of the shirts can hardly be differentiated from the notorious 'packet' shirts that go for about 1,500 or less in the open market. The necks are slack, the texture of the shirts is weak and not as smooth and 'rich' as normal T.M's, the rough edges/threads aren't smoothened out, and worst of all, the cut isn't sharp/slim-fit as was usually the case. The sizes aren't predictable anymore. My usual size is 15-35 or 16-35 at worst, and this is supposed to be a nice, almost perfect slim fit for me - that was usually the case. These days, I find that this same size is now almost as if I am wearing agbada - fucking oversize. I now have to slim-fit it myself (both for regular T.M and John Francomb). Sometimes it fits off the shelf, but most times, it is oversize. . on the same supposed 15-35. Why the irregularity and inconsistency? I thought it was a T.M problem, so I bought two Thomas Pink shirts from Twice as Nice (Opebi store) the last time, yet it was the same thing (if not worse).

Sorry, but Oyinbo no dey make those kind mistakes. I have resolved to stop patronising Twice as Nice and Suntan, but since they are supposed to be the biggest shirt retailers in Lagos, who else do I turn to? And to think I have been hooked on T.M for ages. A friend of mine told me sometime ago that Twice as Nice and Suntan now 'mix' the original T.M shirts with fake one in order to make more profits. I doubted him even though the evidence was overwhelming. Now I know better. Bleep it.

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Olaone1: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bought a Tommy on sale for 70 pounds. Something similar is in Lagos for 4000 Naira. It is just not possible!

Una well done oo, Aba boys undecided

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Sprumbaba: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
I have ABA Made shirts right now in the US. I have been wearing them for a decade (may be once or twice a year). I always show it to people if they could believe they were sown in ABA.
There are good tailors and you get to select SAMPLE MATERIALS which you can never (at times) see the replica on anyone.

I will wear ABA Shirt over TM Lewin any day. You can get exclusive shirt materials. You dont need to even go to ABA, go to Taiwo street on island and ask of TIGANA (i hope he is still there).

2 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sprumbaba: I have ABA Made shirts right now in the US. I have been wearing them for a decade (may be once or twice a year). I always show it to people if they could believe they were sown in ABA.
There are good tailors and you get to select SAMPLE MATERIALS which you can never (at times) see the replica on anyone.

I will wear ABA Shirt over TM Lewin any day. You can get exclusive shirt materials. You dont need to even go to ABA, go to Taiwo street on island and ask of TIGANA (i hope he is still there).

Tony Tigana was the name back in the late 90s up to 2006. Tony Tigana is crap these days, poor fabric, poor environment, all the best tailors under him have left. especially Seedorf
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by jude33084(m): 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Why are you guys like this?

Spoiling peoples hard earned name the way you like angry

Plsssssssss this is nt cooool sad
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Pozzy(m): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
tymund: @poster why do we like deceiving ourselfs.

Does it test well....

What about cocacola.....

I rest my case

GOOD POINT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashion Blunders To Avoid As A Lady / Lorriane Nadal, Miss Mauritius Wins Miss University Africa Contest (Photos) / Chioma Tyra Obiadi Wins Miss Earth Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.