Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Untold Story Of Slavery! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untold Story Of Slavery! (3207 Views)

Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / Untold Story Of How 21 Nigerians Made First List. / The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Story Of Slavery! by edicolove: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
The Arab slave trade predated the transatlantic slave trade by at least 800 years and has outlived it for 150 years and counting. Whereas Muhammad owned both male and female black slaves, European explorers didn’t even begin dipping their beaks into the African human-cattle trade in large numbers until the 1500s.
Roughly three centuries later, Europeans and their American descendants took it upon themselves to put the kibosh on slavery. In contrast with Christendom, there was never a concerted Arabic abolition movement, and slavery was only formally outlawed in the Islamic world due to intense outside pressure. But slavery still openly thrives in places such as Mauritania and, on the downlow, throughout much of Africa and the Middle East.
Historical estimates for the Arab slave trade range from a low of eight million to a high of 25 million. In contrast, the general consensus is that around 11 million Africans were transported to the New World—yet only a mere 5% of those wound up in what is now the USA, although the USA gets 100% of the guilt-tripping.
Despite what you may think, Europeans bought their slaves from established African slave markets and did not make extended forays into the bush to raid villages for slaves, booty, and slave-girl booty. In contrast, Arab slave traders penetrated deep into Africa to kidnap their prey.
If “sexism” bums you out, consider that two-thirds of transatlantic slaves were male, whereas two-thirds of those transported in the Arab slave trade were female.
Though some have mislabeled the African experience in America as “genocide,” that’s an uphill climb considering that an original slave population of about a half-million has blossomed into nearly 40 million black Americans, nearly all of whom enjoy greater longevity and higher living standards than their Western African brethren.
The term “genocide” is more apt for what happened to Africans transported into the Middle East. Males who weren’t murdered in their African villages were routinely castrated—penis often included—whereas females were primarily used as sex slaves. When African concubines were impregnated, it was common practice to kill their infants at birth. This is why, despite the fact that far more African blacks were forcibly transported to the Middle East than to North America, you’ll see far more black faces here than over there.
Though the infamously brutal transatlantic “Middle Passage” yielded estimated fatalities ranging from 10 percent to a third, it seems downright cushy compared to being force-walked in slave caravans across the mercilessly gland-drying Sahara Desert, where four out of every five black Africans perished in transit.
Islamo-apologists may insist that they were far kinder to their slaves, yet reports exist to this day of insane torture methods including female and male genital mutilation, branding, hobbling, live insects shoved into victims’ ears before their earholes are waxed shut, and the “camel treatment,” where victims’ legs are tied beneath a dehydrated camel, who is then plied with ample food and water until its belly expands and dislocates the slave’s legs.
Just like the pathetic death rattle of neo-Marxists when confronted with soul-blotting communist atrocities and stratospheric death tolls, the Religion of Peace’s defenders will cough up a halfhearted, “Well, at least we’re not racist!” Hahaha!!
This is false in the sense that Arabic/sub-Saharan tribal animosity has underpinned Islamic predations in Africa from the start. The Arabic word Abd is often used to mean either “slave” or “black.” Medieval Islamic scholar Ibn Khaldun wrote, “The Negro nations are as a rule submissive to slavery, because they have attributes that are quite similar to dumb animals.”
The idea that Islamic slavery is anti-racist is true in the sense that it doesn’t discriminate between blacks and whites, so long as they’re infidels. In varying degrees of intensity, white Christendom and the Islamic world have been clashing for over 1300 years, with untold numbers of Christian POWs bound into slavery. Books such as White Gold and Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters detail the Islamic slave raids that were concentrated in the Mediterranean but reached as far north as Norway and Iceland and as far east as the Caucasus. Few Americans seem aware that only 25 years after 1776, we went to war against Muslim pirates.
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by onoja12: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
`if I understand you,you are trying to justify what the whites did to the blacks by saying after all Arabs did worse for longer time.let GOD punish your father and your mother your brothers and your sisters plus your children,let slavery be there portion infact you are lucky.dog like you

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by edicolove: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
onoja12: `if I understand you,you are trying to justify what the whites did to the blacks by saying after all Arabs did worse for longer time.let GOD punish your father and your mother your brothers and your sisters plus your children,let slavery be there portion infact you are lucky.dog like you

Of course you can't understand me because you got a brain the size of a peanut! Lol

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by onoja12: 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
yes am listening?explain and thank ur stars that u dont leave in nigeria,if not i would have personally organizing a 10000 man match to ur house for u to say that thing again,if u get mind go and write about the holocust and see what the jewish community would do to u.once again your father

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by onoja12: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
infact on behalf of all black people,i demand an apology to all blacks plus an immediate withdrawal of that write up or else
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by PhysicsQED(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
There are numerous errors in this article. If this was meant to be "educational" it's a woeful failure, because it also involves some heavy misinformation.

Mind you, I have no particular reason to defend Islam or Arabs, but the attempt of this article to distort certain things is annoying.
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by PhysicsQED(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
What's the source of this article, where are the references/justifications for every single statement in it, what's the name of the author and what are his or her affiliations?
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by edicolove: 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
onoja12: infact on behalf of all black people,i demand an apology to all blacks plus an immediate withdrawal of that write up or else

You are a real id1ot, I should apologise on behalf of the arab slave masters or what? Instead of you to open your carrot brain and learn. adammu! lol
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by edicolove: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
PhysicsQED: What's the source of this article, where are the references/justifications for every single statement in it, what's the name of the author and what are his or her affiliations?

PhysicsQED: There are numerous errors in this article. If this was meant to be "educational" it's a woeful failure, because it also involves some heavy misinformation.

Mind you, I have no particular reason to defend Islam or Arabs, but the attempt of this article to distort certain things is annoying.

What are the errors in the article? Or you dont want to hear truth. You have wikipedia and google. Use it man. Dont be lazy.
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by PhysicsQED(m): 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
edicolove:
What are the errors in the article? Or you dont want to hear truth. You have wikipedia and google. Use it man. Dont be lazy.

I know the truth, that's why this pitiful attempt to excuse and minimize the significance of the Atlantic slave trade annoys me. If you can't read between the lines, then maybe you don't understand what it is you're actually reading.
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by kuntama: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
Edicolove: great write-up.
It is such a shame that the truth of the viciousness of arab rule and influence in africa is not widely known.
I am always in fits of laughter whenever I see nigerians boasting about their "wonderful" times in arabia land.
To top up the injury they have caused us, we then insult ourselves by taking illiterate arab girls for wives.
Nigerians! We have a loooooong way to go.
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by ebere1712: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2012
You people no get work
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by ektbear: 12:48am On Jul 13, 2012
Post/link to a more accurate account then, physics
Re: The Untold Story Of Slavery! by StarrMatthieu: 2:22am On Jul 13, 2012
Thumbs UP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Jonathan, Stella Oduah Disagree Over BASA Signing / Live Update: TAN Changes To CAN (pics) / Edo CAMPAIGN.. Stadium Already Full GEJ Till Buhari Pass Maths..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.