Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? (1914 Views)

Why Do Many Christian Parent Hate These Christian Names / Do Christian Names Affect The Named? / 21st Century Christian Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
hey guys
just wondering why some christian names in the bible with no bad records are not being named after... there are hundreds of names in the bible though nothing bad was recorded of them yet lived their lives & fulfilled the multiplication law which was commanded!
the likes of; Seth, Enosh, Cainan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, Noah, Shem, Ham, Javan, Tubal, kittim, Mizraim, Nimrod, Ludim, Arphaxad, Peleg, Reu, Serug, etc (so many names in the old testament-too diffcult to list
https://www.nairaland.com/newtopic?board=17
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
its high time we start partronising some of these names or very soon the whole congregation would turn when you shout David, Solomon, Emmanuel....lol
yea we all wanna be Kings!

ironically, what matters most is the foundation, i mean the basic training one receive couple with the fear God in one.
you can answer Judas Iscariot yet won't follow his steps & nobody would beat u up.
house what do y'all think?
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
How are those Christian names? Those are Hebrew names. Instead f you to think of how to promote your own indegenous names, you want to help the jews promote theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by emofine2(f): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva: How are those Christian names? Those are Hebrew names. Instead f you to think of how to promote your own indegenous names, you want to help the jews promote theirs.

Lool abi o
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by okeyxyz(m): 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva: How are those Christian names? Those are Hebrew names. Instead f you to think of how to promote your own indegenous names, you want to help the jews promote theirs.

Tell them!!
Ignorance is a prison. I wonder why a man will abhor his own native name to cling to foreign one. I excuse my father's ignorance for giving us foreign names, but for god's sake we should not continue in this embarrassing behavior of sh1tting on our own identities. How do you expect another man to respect you when you don't even respect yourself

1 Like

Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2012
Behold, a thread would be born seeking to impress upon the Gentiles the names of thy children. But lo the Gentiles now beholdest, like a light shining on a dark path, and with one voice shall reject thy chains of slavery and fables...

1 Like

Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by MacDaddy01: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2012
When I say christianity is destroying our culture with slave mentality, the christians deny it.

Here is proof. Undeniable proof.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by MrAnony1(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2012
much ado over nothing
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by MacDaddy01: 10:07am On Jul 12, 2012
Mr_Anony: much ado over nothing

see the slave religion that is destroying our culture?
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2012

Hey, majority who bears dose names hv their local names as their 1st name esp people 4rm my tribe. are u 4rm the south-south region?
my point is dat we bear more of james,paul,peter,esther,daniel,david,john etc
least i forgot, are these ones hebrew names & not english like we cal dem?
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno:

Hey, majority who bears dose names hv their local names as their 1st name esp people 4rm my tribe. are u 4rm the south-south region?
my point is dat we bear more of james,paul,peter,esther,daniel,david,john etc
least i forgot, are these ones hebrew names & not english like we cal dem?
You and your family should bear those names since you've decided to remain a slave. As for me and my family it is Igbo names or nothing.

And those names are not English names. They are Hebrew.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
@all
people name their kids (weda hebrew, jews as long as its a name in the bible) some of these names not to copy a particular culture but to tell people even without being asked that he/she is christian besides we also have our local names which may not speak for us whom we really are.
anyhow (weda african,asian,european) who bears moses anywhere in the world is first asummed to be a christian even without being asked.
abeg,take note for those of us that want to crucify me-no be promotion o!
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva:
You and your family should bear those names since you've decided to remain a slave. As for me and my family it is Igbo names or nothing.

And those names are not English names. They are Hebrew.

assignment N0. 1, kindly check the meaning of a slave in ur dictionary if you've got one
if u call bearin a name that portrays who u are slavery den you are a slave to dose shrine names ur forefathers named u after & i guess people who bear chelsea are slaves to abromvich
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno:

assignment N0. 1, kindly check the meaning of a slave in ur dictionary if you've got one
if u call bearin a name that portrays who u are slavery den you are a slave to dose shrine names ur forefathers named u after & i guess people who bear chelsea are slaves to abromvich
So, are you jewish?
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva:
So, are you jewish?

will never be a jew, am christian and if your igbo names were in the bible which is the religion i practise then i will gladly bear it in order to portrait whom i am...
basically the thread is all about the middle names we often bear.
i hav my last and first names as well as my middle name which is an hebrew name (like u corrected me).
i hav not thrown away my other names, get the main point of the thread Mr. Afamefuna (no lose ur name)lol
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno:

will never be a jew, am christian and if your igbo names were in the bible which is the religion i practise then i will gladly bear it in order to portrait whom i am...
basically the thread is all about the middle names we often bear.
i hav my last and first names as well as my middle name which is an hebrew name (like u corrected me).
i hav not thrown away my other names, get the main point of the thread Mr. Afamefuna (no lose ur name)lol
Have you ever opened a thread telling people not to abandom their indegenous names? rather you're more concerned with names in the bible because in your mind you think they are Christian names. Example of Chritian names are Chukwudi, Olaoluwa, Chinyere etc and not those names.

1 Like

Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Have you ever opened a thread telling people not to abandom their indegenous names? rather you're more concerned with names in the bible because in your mind you think they are Christian names. Example of Chritian names are Chukwudi, Olaoluwa, Chinyere etc and not those names.
there u go again
those ones are christians names only to dose who understands the language
Emmanuel is christian name not only to the jews but to the whole univeserve most esp the christians
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno:
there u go again
those ones are christians names only to dose who understands the language
Emmanuel is christian name not only to the jews but to the whole univeserve most esp the christians
Ok, what is meaning of Abraham and Isaac? Oya, run to google.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
google what?
u are being stuborn to accept the fact of the matter.
chukwudi & olaoluwa i dont even knw their meanings let alone konwing they are christian names
however abraham & issac, i may not know their meaning but i'm assured they are christian names
even chukwudi & olaoluwa meaning respectively may not be in the internet but abraham & issac?...ur guess is as gud as mine
afam4eva:
Ok, what is meaning of Abraham and Isaac? Oya, run to google.

google what?
u are be
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno: google what?
u are being stuborn to accept the fact of the matter.
chukwudi & olaoluwa i dont even knw their meanings let alone konwing they are christian names
however abraham & issac, i may not know their meaning but i'm assured they are christian names
even chukwudi & olaoluwa meaning respectively may not be in the internet but abraham & issac?...ur guess is as gud as mine

google what?
u are be
I keep telling you that Abraham and Isaac are not Christian names but you have refused to listen. Those names existed before the advent of Christianity.

Btw, what part of Nigeria are you from? I want to belive it's Enugu.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I keep telling you that Abraham and Isaac are not Christian names but you have refused to listen. Those names existed before the advent of Christianity.

Btw, what part of Nigeria are you from? I want to belive it's Enugu.

noted but how com? it has suddenly change from the indengenous christian names to abraham & issac not being christian names? are u lawyer?anyway, tnx 4 reminding me but i still stand...

am from anambra,an original igbo kwenu man
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by emofine2(f): 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno: @all
people name their kids (weda hebrew, jews as long as its a name in the bible) some of these names not to copy a particular culture but to tell people even without being asked that he/she is christian besides we also have our local names which may not speak for us whom we really are.
anyhow (weda african,asian,european) who bears moses anywhere in the world is first asummed to be a christian even without being asked.
abeg,take note for those of us that want to crucify me-no be promotion o!

But it doesn't necessarily follow that if one has a so called christian name or "Hebrew" name that they are automatically Christians. So for anyone to go by such assumptions is clearly narrow minded.

Actually people (Africans at least) give their children those biblical names because some of them want their child to emulate those famous characteristics so it's not so much about the name than it is about the fame.

olibyno:

So Igbo and other native names to you would have been considered not because of ones own heritage but due to which "holy" book they feature in?
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
@emöfine2
i believe you didnt go thru all the posts...
i was only trying to respond to a comment from afam perhaps to buttress my point... or didnt u read where stated that names doesnt really matter but foundation/training is the most paramount thing... it has nothing to do with the tribe which those characters in the bible belong to...
plz try to have a comprehensive understanding of the post/comment before you criticise or better still go thru the previous comments
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by emofine2(f): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
olibyno:
plz try to have a comprehensive understanding of the post/comment before you criticise or better still go thru the previous comments
okay...point taken.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by plaetton: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
See what I mean? religion turns the minds of my brethen into vegetables.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2012

My brother in fact, our people have serious problems. Look at a grown man talking nonsense like some cursed cretin. Tufiakwa.

Chai! But colonialism dealt with us sha o!!!
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
ROSSIKE:

My brother in fact, our people have serious problems. Look at a grown man talking nonsense like some cursed cretin. Tufiakwa.

Chai! But colonialism dealt with us sha o!!!
My guy, no be small thing oo. People like the OP just can't help sounding that slaves. It's pathetic.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
I bet he'll name his first son Elijah or Enoch. undecided
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 15, 2012
@rossike:U ar simply an under grown fool
Yes i'l be proud 2name my 1st son Elijah as his middle name & if u've got any problem wit dat?
I gues u knw wat do...
Oh! Now i undastnd beta
All dese folks w/out middle names r reinforcin...wat is wrong in hvin 2 indengenous names (surname inclusive) & just 1 jewish name (portrays ur faith-religion)

Rossike u r a profound fool wit dose ur local shrine names inherited 4rm ur evil ancestral-forefadas
Stop sentiments & grow up 2b a wise man
Go thru D thread again
Ewu!
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 15, 2012
olibyno: @rossike:U ar simply an under grown fool
Yes i'l be proud 2name my 1st son Elijah as his middle name & if u've got any problem wit dat?
I gues u knw wat do...
Oh! Now i undastnd beta
All dese folks w/out middle names r reinforcin...wat is wrong in hvin 2 indengenous names (surname inclusive) & just 1 jewish name (portrays ur faith-religion)

Rossike u r a profound fool wit dose ur local shrine names inherited 4rm ur evil ancestral-forefadas
Stop sentiments & grow up 2b a wise man
Go thru D thread again
Ewu!

Shut up and return to your plantation, you worthless cotton picking slave.

Who can be more evil than the ancestors of the Jews you worship? Do you have any idea how many people they slaughtered on the orders of their god whom you borrowed from them, or have you not read their old testament? Dummy dum dum.
Re: Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why? by Zodiac61(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2012
What is in a name? A rose called by anyone other name ...
The problem here is that people fool themselves into thinking that by giving their kids so-called christian or jewish names, they are setting them up for good things.
I have seen a Nigerian child called Gospel.
Cultural slavery grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Encountered Jesus Christ In The Koran: Muslim Cleric Converts To christian / Do Catholics Contravene The 2nd Commandment Of Idolatry In Exodus 20:4 / If You Believe GOD Loves ALL, Look At This (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.