Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,916 members, 7,799,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp (8796 Views)

Corps Member Dies At Enugu Orientation Camp / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos / List Of NYSC States' Orientation Camp And Secretariats Addresses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
Sokoto – Alhaji Salisu Taura, the Sokoto State Coordinator of the NYSC, said on Wednesday that sufficient security personnel had been deployed to ensure the safety of corps members at the Sokoto orientation camp.

Taura said in Sokoto that additional measures had also been taken to effectively provide security services at the camp.

He said that GSM recharge card hawkers and others had been driven away from the camp as part of the security methods adopted to protect the corps members.

Taura said only recognised food vendors were allowed to operate in the camp while all routes leading to the camp had been barricaded to avert any security breach.

He called on the crops members to be vigilant and report any suspicious character to the nearest security point at the camp for prompt action. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/nysc-tightens-security-at-orientation-camp/
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by 76Naira(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
As if security has not been in "tight jeans" since.
Abeg eeee.
God save your children.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
I hope they have blocked all those bush paths I used to sneak through to town when I was there

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by jude33084(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
Wetin people want go do 4 sokoto state? undecided
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by eDontey1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
A commendable effort. All northern state governors should do same at the orientation camp in their states
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Tsmooth1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
May God Almighty protect them, and may God Almighty continue to unite this great country Nigeria. Ameen!
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by emmykk(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
Islamic religion is the problem of nigeria.when yaradua died we said God give and God take,but theY DNT want 2 accept d circumstance.and when corper are finally posted.wil they hv adc
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by CY09: 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
Jarus: I hope they have blocked all those bush paths I used to sneak through to town when I was there
hahahahahahahahahaha...you have exposed yourself grin
Fine they may be able to protect corpers in camp, my quegstion is what happens to them after the camping...will they be provided with personal security?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by 76Naira(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
"He called on the crops members to be vigilant"

So what happens when the "crop" members are posted to schools and offices?
I get why they are called "crop" members.........Nigeria is a large farm!!!

Even if that "crop" was a typo.

You can't protect people enough in a society where the number of jobless and underemployed is way more than the gainfully employed.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by jude33084(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
Jarus: I hope they have blocked all those bush paths I used to sneak through to town when I was there

Imagine?! If you can sneak out just wondering what the boko boys will do undecided
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
from sokota to crop members. dis kind journalism sef..
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
In my ankara buba and sokoto, I don run comot for camp go town.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by tjskii(f): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
So wat hapens wen thyr posted to their place of primary assignmnt,will they be assignd bodygaurds,mscheew
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by chygoz3(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
The same thing happened in our camp here in rivers state. Our camp director said it was a directive from the director general of nysc. He even read the text message loud to all of us during the morning's lecture. All photographers, recharge card sellers, phone chargers and some hawkers have been sent out of the camp.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by bright007(f): 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
Tighten security against suicide bombers with mouth?
This government is really like its leader!its truly from shoeless to clueless!
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Ganys: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
You spoke my mind, They should forget the security if the orientation is still holding at GTC FaruFaru, The place boardered COE & SOKOTOPOLY, Do you think it will be easier to secure the place?
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by pawesome(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
Every corp member is suppose to hav his security detail there....some corp members get mind o..  de mad abi  smoke tree wey de go carry me go sokoto n  go go.......**SMH**
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
I can't stay in a place where security is being tightened. Why should I put myself in that kinda situation in the first place.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by DUBES(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
When I was in that farufaru camp, I go out at will; that camp iz 2 porous nd can't b secured. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ advice 2 corpers is U̶̲̥̅̊ re your own security officer.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by onatisi(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
i pity those copr member ,they are risking their lives.boko will not strike now what happens after the psting .i will rather forfeit nysc than lose my life or body parts
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by FriendMark(m): 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
I suggest they employ the services of the FBI or something. Only God can save us.I suggest they employ the services of the FBI or something. Only God can save us.I suggest they employ the services of the FBI or something. Only God can save us.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by tpapi: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
jude33084: Wetin people want go do 4 sokoto state? undecided
check ur map very wel
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by tpapi: 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
Security is always tite all tru d 3 wks,but after dat u r jus on ur own in ur ppa
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by all1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
Unless de hav movd 2 d permanent site if not d camp we servd in is 2 open & i doubt dem closing al dose opening i used 2 sneak 2 d town den on a daily basis 2 booze
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by Jacobx007: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^ na wa oooo! Hehehehe......
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by pecopeco: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
God save us o
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by joshua8862(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
That is a good one I love that other states should learn from this pls corps member are not save in the north ooooooooooo.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by JIkaba(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
chai SOKOTO abi na SUKATA state again! O ga adikwa very detonating.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by stepo707: 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
Gtc farufaru was fun back then.more than 7 illegal exits to go out to withdraw money and flex.with the tight security i can only imagine;-)
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by kclily: 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
I just pity those corp members, make una write una will o
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by nijanigga: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
Our people are shallow minded.Ok, after camping,there will be security for individual corpers? I bet, you they told those corpers that lost thier lives after the election the same thing.
Re: NYSC Tightens Security At Sokoto Orientation Camp by GeauxTiger: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
tpapi: check ur map very wel

SOKOPAs in the building!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did You Enjoy Your NYSC Service Year? / North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG / FG To Increase NYSC Allowance To N38,000 By March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.