Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

The God Particle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Particle (649 Views)

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God Particle by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
The "god particle!" Last week, the scientific community was ecstatic over their discovery of what they call the "god particle." This is the supposed missing piece that caused the big bang, that in turn led to the creation of our world. I sat in amazement as one news cast after another lauded this great find as the answer to our existence. For the secular media, it was vindication that there is no "God" and this universe and everything in it, including us, are the product of a cosmic accident.

Garbage! My only question to these scientists who discovered this "god particle" is this, WHO CREATED THE GOD PARTICLE?? It couldn't appear out of nowhere. This is where the attempts by those who refuse to believe their is a Creator always fall down. At the end, there is still something, a cell, a " god particle ," something, whose existence can't be explained. They could save themselves a lifetime of work, untold millions, but simply picking up the book God Himself wrote and read the first chapter of Genesis. All of the answers they seek are right there!

There is probably nothing that angers me more than Christians, followers of Christ, who don't have the guts to stand up for the Truth of the Bible. Believers who feel the pressure of this lost world we live in to compromise the immutable truths of the Bible. A new term we have created to talk about Biblical creationism is "intelligent design." I get livid every time I hear that word used since we have created it solely for the purpose of being able to share our beliefs on how this world we live in and we came to exist. I submit to you today that "intelligent design" is simply a gutless word for those too afraid to say we believe what the Bible teaches about creation in Genesis 1-2:3!

There are two competing views on how this world and how we came to exist. One is the theory of evolution that suggests over millions of years we evolved. This is the position held by those in the scientific community that reject the notion of "God." The other view is that there is a Supreme Being, a God who created everything. This is the position people of faith and those in the scientific community who accept the reality of a "God" hold. Let me end decades of arguments on this issue right now and tell you exactly how this world and we came to exist. GOD TELLS US IN GREAT DETAIL IN GENESIS CHAPTER ONE THROUGH CHAPTER TWO VERSE THREE!

My friend, this world and all that is in it, including us, came into existence EXACTLY how the Bible tells us in Genesis 1-2:3! For every child and young adult out there that is in school, your homework assignment today is to read the first chapter of Genesis through the first 3 verses of chapter 2. Now you will never have to wonder or guess again how we came to be or how this world and all that is in it came to exist. GOD SPOKE IT INTO EXISTENCE EXACTLY AS THE BIBLE SAYS! GOD CREATED MAN FROM THE DUST OF THE EARTH AND MADE HIM IN HIS IMAGE EXACTLY AS THE BIBLE SAYS! PERIOD! END OF DEBATE!

First of all, the theory of evolution is just that, a theory. A completely foolish one I might add. Not only have a large percentage of those in the scientific community abandoned it, the only reason it is still taught is because those who reject the existence of God have to have some explanation how this world came to exist and how we came to be. That is why I pity those who champion this theory, since even they have no explanation when you take what they believe back to the very beginning. They say we evolved from monkeys. As you walk them backwards all the way to the very beginning, you are still left with the unanswered question of where did that first cell come from? It is the same problem those who try to explain the existence of the earth and all that is in it without there being a "God." You take them back to the very beginning and you are still left with the unanswered question of how did that first event come to be without the involvement of a "God."

The biggest problems with those who hold to a position that this world, we, came into existence without a "God," is that it means this is all an accident and we exist by mere chance with no real plan or purpose. If you believe we evolved from pond scum to monkeys, then our lives are utterly meaningless and this life has no purpose to it at all. For those who truly believe this, they are to be pitied among all men. What a sad existence if you go through this life believing you were an accident and your life has zero meaning or purpose.

That leaves us with the position held by those who do believe there is a "God" who created the earth and all that is in it, including us. I spent several semesters in seminary studying all of the various theories put forth to explain Biblically how the Bible could be correct and there could still have been million of years involved in the creation process. Theories that accepted the existence of a "God," but not exactly how the Bible describes creation. After many hours alone with the Holy Spirit and God's Word, I came to one conclusion. THE ONLY ACCOUNT OF HOW THIS WORLD CAME TO EXIST AND HOW WE CAME TO BE WAS GOD'S ACCOUNT IN GENESIS CHAPTER 1! God literally spoke the world and all that is in it into existence in 6 literal days. and this world we live in is less than 7,000 years old!

Here is the problem if you take any other position. Once you start making excuses for what God's Word says, once you start finding ways for it to say something other than what it clearly and literally says, you are now playing a dangerous game. If the Biblical account of creation is not exactly as God says, what else isn't exactly as God says? Did the walls of Jericho really come down the way the Bible says, or is there another explanation? Did the Red Sea really part as the Bible says, or is there another explanation? Did Noah's ark really exist as the Bible says or is their another explanation? Did Jesus really rise from that tomb on the third day as the Bible says, or is there another explanation? ARE WE REALLY SAVED BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS THE BIBLE SAYS, OR IS THERE ANOTHER EXPLANATION?

You see the problem? Once you start to doubt one part of God's Word, you have to start to doubt other parts of the Bible. My friend, you are free to believe whatever you want about the creation of this earth and all that is in it, about how we came to exist. I am NOT going to argue with you. There are many great ministries out there that deal with these issues. There are tons of great books that go into great detail on this subject. I choose to put my faith and belief in God's Word alone. I believe in BIBLICAL CREATIONISM. This world and all that is in it and we came to exist EXACTLY how God says in His Word!

I love you and care about you so much. One hundred years ago, even those who rejected God and His Word knew that God created the heavens and earth and created them as well. Fifty years ago, those in the scientific community that rejected God was doing its best to propagate this laughable theory of evolution even though the vast majority of people thoroughly rejected it. Now, in 2006 after 40 years of no prayer and Bible teaching in school, having allowed society to take God out of every aspect of public life, those who hold to the Biblical account of Creation are laughed at as narrow-minded mental midgets while those who "know how to think" hold to a theory that says we came from pond scum and makes our life nothing more than an accident with no purpose.

For those who know the Bible to be God's inspired, inerrant Word, representing Absolute Truth and our final authority in all matters, we have NOTHING to apologize for and nothing to be ashamed of. We certainly have no reason to be trying to hide our beliefs by creating terms like "intelligent design" so we appear to be more intellectual to this nonbelieving world. The fact we are even discussing what is so clear from God's Word only shows how void of God and His Truth our society has become.

The last thing those who know Christ as their Savior and hold to the Truth of His Word need to be doing is compromising or minimizing the power of that Truth. The world is HUNGRY for the truth we possess. The next time someone asks you how the world came to exist, how we came to be, tell them the answer is exactly as described in Genesis 1-2:3. God Himself tells us the answer and that is good enough for me!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,

Bill Keller
Re: The God Particle by Kay17: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
Since its an intuitive question to ask who created this or that, WHO created God??
Re: The God Particle by MacDaddy01: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
Frosbel is dying inside, her god is becoming faker and faker as logic and time passes...........
Re: The God Particle by Areaboy2(m): 11:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01: Frosbel is dying inside, her god is becoming faker and faker as logic and time passes...........

well, look back 400 years when the Christians held that our earth is the centre of the universe. Anyone coming up with anything else (Galileo) is heresy. we now know that's rubbish.

As we learn more about our universe, the ideas of desert dwelling Arabs seems to fade further and further away.

@ OP If you have the balls to ask who created the particle, you can move one step further and ask who created who created the particle How long will that loop be?

Open your mind to possibilities, and you'll see more than you can imagine
Re: The God Particle by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 12, 2012
As usual, science is only favourable to religion if it validates its fables....
Re: The God Particle by mkmyers45(m): 6:23am On Jul 12, 2012
musKeeto: As usual, science is only favourable to religion if it validates its fables....
Na so e be o...Don't mind them even if big bang is fully re-created they will either try to claim or critize it..

(1) (Reply)

Is My Brother A Christian? / Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With The Afterlife / World Ends 2012 - MAYAN Vs TBJOSHUA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.