Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) (31833 Views)

Poll: Do you support the public posting of these pictures?

Yes: it's the reality!: 90% (233 votes)
No: we must pretend!: 9% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by egin(m): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2007
This is the same country where somebody wanted to renovate a house with N628m.
You be the judge.

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
egin
thanks for those pics
really its a awful site to behold
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by mazaje(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2007
This is the same country that budgeted 65 billion for the members of the National assembly for the 2008 fiscal year while claiming that the budget is for the ordinary nigerian on the street, the same country that is trying to churn out 1 billion naira  to purchase new cars for the new ministers and presidentail advisers, this is also the same country that pastor oyedepo decleared will be great in 2011. Nigeria i hail thee, until all the poor masses open their eyes and start holding all their leaders accountable the status quo will remain for ever.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by babasin(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2007
thanks for the real picture of things.

Again, we know all these are human-made and anything human-made can be corrected with:

detailed planning, dedication to duty and consistence approach.

if we cannot take care of each other, we will all die alone.

it is that simple
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by mazaje(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2007
babasin:

thanks for the real picture of things.

Again, we know all these are human-made and anything human-made can be corrected with:

detailed planning, dedication to duty and consistence approach.

if we cannot take care of each other, we will all die alone.

it is that simple

Some people on nairaland will tell you that poverty is a spirit that needs to be fought with the blood of jesus rather than pragmatic approach.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by willy4: 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2007
Thanks egin,
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by folahann(m): 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2007
Only God can Judge
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2007
Hi @Poster

Can we like get more pictures of life in Lagos please. I mean many of us who are outside get conflicting ideas from those who live there and those who go and come back from there. I would appreciate it if you would post more pictures of other places in the same Nigeria for us all to see.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by bindex(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ Kobojunkie

The pictures depicted above paint the true picture of things in most of Nigeria, there isnt any thing conflicting those that come from abroad get worshipped here they go back and tell lies to their friends that things are getting better, surely things are getting better for the politicians and the top government functionary but they picture posted above is the reality of about 65% or more of nigeria's population.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by YangaRat: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2007
That picture wey den snap for under bridge come resemble the place wey dem just fight war finish, but no be war, na the real Nigeria life una dey see so, and some people go dey sleep under that bridge for on top all that pit when night come.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by egin(m): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2007
more pics.

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Ndipe(m): 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2007
The Holy Bible says that Faith without works is dead. So, Majaje, your criticism is unfounded.

The pictures are depressing, but you know what, God is the final judge. Honestly, I do wonder at times how a politician can cruise around in a brand new airconditioned car sometimes acquired ill-gottenly breezing out of a dilapidated junction in full glare of beggars. That is why, I insisted on my previous thread, that we should not be critical of those who beg. Very depressing!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by omoge(f): 12:08am On Dec 05, 2007
i shake my head  embarassed cry
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Dec 05, 2007
Ok,  someone please tell me that picture with the house almost collapsed is fake?? LMAO!!!

mazaje:

Some people on nairaland will tell you that poverty is a spirit that needs to be fought with the blood of jesus rather than pragmatic approach.

Have you ever read a bible before?? Fighting something with the blood of Jesus does not imply what you make it there @mazaje. I fight poverty with the blood of Jesus in my life and that fight includes me getting up every morning to go out to work and come back home to continue on private projects. If you do not understand these things, please feel free to ask and let those who actively live these beliefs tell you more.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by almondjoy(f): 2:30am On Dec 05, 2007
And the beautification of Lagos continues!

Oh sweet, sweet wind! cheesy

Na dorty be all this? shocked Even most villages in Nigeria look better than this eye sore!

Once a Gigantic Capital of the Giant of Africa!!!!

God bless America~~~~~~~!!!!!

Please can anyone post other pictures from any famous "world ghettos" to put Nigeria and Fashola to shame? tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 2:31am On Dec 05, 2007
Oh lord have mercy , she is back, quick!! someone hide those pictures !!!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by almondjoy(f): 2:35am On Dec 05, 2007
Nothing to hide Kobojunkie--it is there for all to see.  I am in my village right now and I swear, it is cleaner than this so called slum of a city! So people can come out and say they live in this same Lagos?

May God help us all! sad

In fact, God is really helping us in Nigeria! This environment can kill most indigenes of civilized countries--just by breathing the air alone!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Pain(m): 5:38am On Dec 05, 2007
It Prefer U Call It The "Real" Side of Lagos, Because 86% of the City is Like This. What Do U Think undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
wow
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by willy4: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2007
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Mr egin , i dey happy.
Satan nay Lagos brother.
egin please!!!! please!!!!!!! bring more picture. My God go bless you.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
God help africa. cry
is that building still like that? tot they should have brought it down, embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Seun(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
I love the photos because they are real. They are proof of man's ability to triumph over adversity. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by awonboiz: 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
home sweet home!!! grin
now dats wat abroad peeps miss and look forward toward seeing every xmas (awonboiz inclusive) cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by dejiavu(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2007
I cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2007
this is really poverty, shocked

more pics please. grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by divanaija1: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2007
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SEUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST U POST THIS KINDA TOPIC (PICS) ON NAIRALAND HOME PAGE EH

SO THE WHOLE WORLD CAN LAUGH,MOCK AND PITY NIGERIA ABI??

angry  angry   angry  angry
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2007
@times i wonder what the criteria/criterium undecided are/is undecided for topics making it to the homepage,
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by mellow(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2007
I thought those pics are really beautiful. What an irony.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Greycells(m): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2007
Hmmmh! cry cry cry cry for brand nigeria cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by folem: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
willy*2:

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Mr egin , i dey happy.
Satan nay Lagos brother.
egin please!!!! please!!!!!!! bring more picture. My God go bless you.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/myalbum/
thenewsng.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?=cid4
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by emmydee(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
The worst thing about my country Nigeria is that the promised end of her plight is nowhere near our generation. if with all the billions of dollars the nation makes, we cannot build this nation to upgrade the living status of the common man even at this level of understanding, then hope is essentially lost. I confirmed that this nation is gone the day I read that a world body, whether IMF or World Bank listed my own proud country as among the "FAILED" Nations in the world. It's amazing cos, if a nation is marked as "failed" that includes the fact that nothing good, as in absolutely nothing good can come out it. So, whatever one can do as an individual to live above minimum standard should be done by that individual. Suen has plugged in to assist himself. others should find a way as well. do not expect the present ruling class to assist in bringing any form of improvement in your finances. Do it your self or you die expecting! grin cheesy shocked cool
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by jerrymania(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
Seun:

I love the photos because they are real. They are proof of man's ability to triumph over adversity. cheesy

God, u made me laugh.

I thought Calabar was once a capital, why the difference?

who made Lagos this way? is this the Lagos babasin is so proud of that its "Yoruba" land? would u also hold Yoruba's responsible for this decay? ehn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If Not For The Driver's Experience - Man Who Survived Accident Revealed (Photos) / Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) / Obituary Of 2 Siblings Who Died In Accident (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.