Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? (1334 Views)

1000 FCT Christians To Attend Pilgrimage In Israel This Year / Saudi Ponders Banning Nigerians From Hajj Pilgrimage In Bid To Control Ebola / Pilgrimage In Nigeria A Waste Of Money?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by brosB: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2012
In two years the Federal government has spent 10 bilion naira on pilgrimage to the so called holly lands,in the midst of object poverty among its citizenry,they say it is to go and pray for the country is our God not omnipresent? Can't we stay here and pray and God will hear?Must government sponsor pilgrimage? Has the pilgrimage change the evil mind of our leaders who are unrepentant thieves?the bokoharamist and their sponsor don't they go on pilgrimage? What is your take on this?

1 Like

Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by Delafruita(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2012
another reason why the "idea of god" is the problem with nigeria
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by thehomer: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2012
bros B: In two years the Federal government has spent 10 bilion naira on pilgrimage to the so called holly lands,in the midst of object poverty among its citizenry,they say it is to go and pray for the country is our God not omnipresent? Can't we stay here and pray and God will hear?Must government sponsor pilgrimage? Has the pilgrimage change the evil mind of our leaders who are unrepentant thieves?the bokoharamist and their sponsor don't they go on pilgrimage? What is your take on this?

What? The Nigerian government actually spend the people's money to send Muslims to a rich Islamic country? This simply demonstrates a serious misplacement of priorities.

1 Like

Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by Delafruita(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
thehomer:

What? The Nigerian government actually spend the people's money to send Muslims to a rich Islamic country? This simply demonstrates a serious misplacement of priorities.
you forgot to add spending peopl's money to send christians to a non-christian country.abo you dont know they sponsor people to jerusalem and rome?
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by plaetton: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Can you blame whites or other races sometimes when they say that blacks are simply too stupid to make any meaningful progress in world.?
I magine a country with so much poverty and so many needy,with no welfare programs for the diabled, homeless or even orphans, spending billions of naira to cater to people's relious fantasies.
Stupid is an understatement, it is more like brain dead.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
plaetton: Can you blame whites or other races sometimes when they say that blacks are simply too stupid to make any meaningful progress in world.?
I magine a country with so much poverty and so many needy,with no welfare programs for the diabled, homeless or even orphans, spending billions of naira to cater to people's relious fantasies.
Stupid is an understatement, it is more like brain dead.

$62.5 million could have improved some roads , which would have made transportation easier and contributed to economic growth in the long run, but NO!, good old religious black folk have to do things like waste money in countries whose cultures they have placed on a pedestal.
But what do you expect from a place where people say things like, "we are not of this world" and "the spiritual is more real than the phyical"?

No sense of pride, no sense of history, no common sense, just unthinking religious drones pouring cash into the economy of foreign countries because they are focused on the "afterlife" that apparently starts wiith slavish devotion to foreign cultures. (one of them started a thread asking why "christian" names like "Seth" are going "extinct"!!!, the brain dead rat doesn't even know there is nothing "christian" about the old testament names he was yapping about)

It is more than brain dead, it's dead and buried................and starting to stink.

2 Likes

Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by emofine2(f): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
bros B: they say it is to go and pray for the country is our God not omnipresent? Can't we stay here and pray and God will hear?Must government sponsor pilgrimage?

Excellent questions!...and to that my firm answer is a capital NO.

Imagine being sponsored by an evidently unholy government to go to these so called "holy" places.
However even if Nigeria was a prosperous nation such funding should not come out of government pockets.
This is extremely selfish and misguided and there has been no evidence of any benefits from these sponsored pilgrimages. Money well wasted.
How much money is spent on more obviously needy issues? There is no excuse for this.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
Martian:

$62.5 million could have improved some roads , which would have made transportation easier and contributed to economic growth in the long run, but NO!, good old religious black folk have to do things like waste money in countries whose cultures they have placed on a pedestal.
But what do you expect from a place where people say things like, "we are not of this world" and "the spiritual is more real than the phyical"?

No sense of pride, no sense of history, no common sense, just unthinking religious drones pouring cash into the economy of foreign countries because they are focused on the "afterlife" that apparently starts wiith slavish devotion to foreign cultures. (one of them started a thread asking why "christian" names like "Seth" are going "extinct"!!!, the brain dead rat doesn't even know there is nothing "christian" about the old testament names he was yapping about)

It is more than brain dead, it's dead and buried................and starting to stink.

you are always chatting shi-t. i swear sometimes i think your buccal cavity is superimposed on your a-nal cavity and they emit the same substance. doodoo, that is
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
buzugee: you are always chatting shi-t. i swear sometimes i think your buccal cavity is superimposed on your a-nal cavity and they emit the same substance. doodoo, that is
If this
Martian:
but NO!, good old religious black folk have to do things like waste money in countries whose cultures they have placed on a pedestal.

this
Martian:
No sense of pride, no sense of history, no common sense, just unthinking religious drones pouring cash into the economy of foreign countries because they are focused on the "afterlife" that apparently starts wiith slavish devotion to foreign cultures.

and this
Martian:
Means shit to you... you're at the wrong end of the mental toilet...
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
musKeeto:
If this

this

and this

Means shit to you... you're at the wrong end of the mental toilet...
you have come to defend your boyfriend abi ? gay azz, brown-nosing azz mahfukaz angry LOL
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by thehomer: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
Delafruita:
you forgot to add spending peopl's money to send christians to a non-christian country.abo you dont know they sponsor people to jerusalem and rome?

No I didn't know that. It is all rubbish. Anyone who wants to go should save up their own money and go rather than squandering the little resources available to feed some religions.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by emofine2(f): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
thehomer:

No I didn't know that. It is all rubbish. Anyone who wants to go should save up their own money and go rather than squandering the little resources available to feed some religions.

That is it.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by gst101: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
i raised this same question in my room and my room mates were so angry with me. The anger was so intense that i feared for my life! They just told me not to go there at all. The reason why the govt keep doing it is that people are still in support of it. How i wish there can be a renaisance in this country.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by gst101: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
i raised this same question in my room and my room mates were so angry with me. The anger was so intense that i feared for my life! They just told me not to go there at all. The reason why the govt keep doing it is that people are still in support of it. How i wish there can be a partial renaisance in this country.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
buzugee: you have come to defend your boyfriend abi ? gay azz, brown-nosing azz mahfukaz angry LOL
Lmao... i think u miss Goshen.. what's he up to these days?
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
musKeeto:
Lmao... i think u miss Goshen.. what's he up to these days?
dunno the guy just went AWOL. he and Ijawkid. maybe they are back in the world chasing skirts grin grin
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by thehomer: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
gst101: i raised this same question in my room and my room mates were so angry with me. The anger was so intense that i feared for my life! They just told me not to go there at all. The reason why the govt keep doing it is that people are still in support of it. How i wish there can be a renaisance in this country.

Those people probably have a poor concept of the government, what it is for and how it is supposed to work. One way to deal with this is to raise counterfactuals or use actual religions like the Norse, Aztec or Greek religions.
Re: Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria? by InesQor(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
thehomer:
Anyone who wants to go should save up their own money and go rather than squandering the little resources available to feed some religions.

+1 I agree with this.

(1) (Reply)

A True Life Story Read Very Touching / Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought / Why The Meek And Nice People Of The World Suffer While The Wicked Prosper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.