Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? (14142 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Men, Do You Consider A Woman's Boob Size? / Why Would You Consider A Second Wife ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Freiburger(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2012
How important is the genotype test to you before marriage?
Share your thoughts with us.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by mspookie: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2012
it is the most important step u take in preparation for marraige.

Dont be ignorant abt the reality of sickle cell anaemia
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by slimyem: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2012
this question is a no-brainer.....

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Beync(f): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2012
One of my friend said it's the next quetsion she'l ask a man after his name grin

Op it's very important

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 11:51am On Jul 12, 2012
I don't care perhaps cos I am AA

3 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by mspookie: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2012
Mynd_44: I don't care perhaps cos I am AA

u should care! if shes SS, U r liable to have one or more amongst yr kids, except in rare cases.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 11:56am On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

u should care! if shes SS.....
I don't care perhaps because I don't believe that the reason for marriage is biological kids. You can always adopt.

2 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by mspookie: 11:57am On Jul 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't care perhaps because I don't believe that the reason for marriage is biological kids. You can always adopt.

i like ur spirit. For u, i guess luv is all that matters.
BtW, kids isnt d only reason for marraiges, its one of the many reasons.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

i like ur spirit. For u, i guess luv is all that matters.
BtW, kids isnt d only reason for marraiges, its one of the many reasons.
So if all other reasons are there and the kids part is missing, I will go ahead with it
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Biggyd2: 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
YES.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by BashMe1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
This Poster na mumu sef.... which kyn tin be dis sef?

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by papulzil(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Genotype is so important o cos d lives f d unborn children is in danger
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
My elder brother who is an AS used to be in love with this beautiful lady who happened to be an AS too. They were to get married sometime last April and everybody condemned their planned union mostly my mum.

We were all amazed when my brother came home one morning to tell us that as a result of one church program (Shiloh) he attended, his genotype was miraculously changed to AA. Mum didn't want to hear it and that was how the whole family lost the privilege of having a beautiful, intelligent and courteous sister in law.

I advise we always insist on Genotype test before marriage else you will experience a crises-laden future.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by norrisman: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

u should care! if shes SS, U r liable to have one or more amongst yr kids, except in rare cases.

I dont believe this is possible. I believe AA and SS can only produce AS not AA or SS. i am willing to be educated though

Regards

5 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Freiburger(m): 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
norrisman:

I dont believe this is possible. I believe AA and SS can only produce AS not AA or SS. i am willing to be educated though

Regards
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by dagreen14: 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
In cases like this, there is no such SILLY questions....It’s about educating people who don’t know.....because A knows doesn’t mean B knows as well, I think

3 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by cyril83(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
I guess this shud be the 1st step even b4 proposing so as to tell you how vital it is

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by TBD(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
shade more light pls.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by slimming: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
Freiburger: How important is the genotype test to you before marriage?
Share your thoughts with us.

This is one of the prerequisite nowadays.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by kenksD(f): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Very important. Bringing SS kids into the world out of our selfish interest or a "blinded love" is very wrong especially at this present age and time.

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Fourcade(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bash Me: This Poster na mumu sef.... which kyn tin be dis sef?
are you alright? undecided

@Op
you are bound to..at least if not for yourselves,for your future kids!
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by izeek(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sickle cell is just like any other disease out there, and so shudn't be made the alpha decision when settling down!

When u r inlove, its mostly ur feelings that count!
Am not saying it shud not be discussed, neither am I saying it shud be ignored, however am saying it takes more that genotype to breakup a strong union!

Am married to an as, and also as, and believe it or not we have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl and they r both aa.

I av test results to show for them, before someone here says it me speaking by faith!

Its u and ur spouse really! Not ur folks, sibblings or even friends!

6 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
No, I will not.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by kennytidistar(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
shine your eyes ooo the test is more important than your love.

so be wise go for the test today before marriage.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by fesse(f): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

You are right but remember you are in Africa and your partners view might be different from yours. It is 70% in a marriage.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by abbey621(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
As an AA type, I could care less, it's only AS types that must worry about such frivolous issues.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Dhelake: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

HELL WRONG!!!

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by BashMe1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
Fourcade:
are you alright? undecided

@Op
you are bound to..at least if not for yourselves,for your future kids!

Wu's dis akpamu Amu guy dat's askin' me if he's alright. Does it not click in ur wooden skull dat it is of high importance dat u undergo this kinda' check-up before indulging in a marriage? Hmmmn, does the necessity not occur to u? Fuku...
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

This is NOT possible. Possibility of having a sickle cell child with an AA is very rare and minimal. They will have carriers. Well, you never can tell. I am willing to learn.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by ikachi1: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
Like one of the contributors said here, this question is a no brainer. If a man is AS or SS he should ensure that the partner is AA and nothing else. Medical science has not yet made a break through on the cure for sickle cell but there are improvements on the cares that could elongate the life of an SS carrier but these cares cost money. Doing a genotype test before marriage is like planning your life. As the saying goes, "A failure to plan is a perfect plan to fail"

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dr. Wise:
My elder brother who is an AS used to be in love with this beautiful lady who happened to be an AS too. They were to get married sometime last April and everybody condemned their planned union mostly my mum.

We were all amazed when my brother came home one morning to tell us that as a result of one church program (Shiloh) he attended, his genotype was miraculously changed to AA. Mum didn't want to hear it and that was how the whole family lost the privilege of having a beautiful, intelligent and courteous sister in law.

I advise we always insist on Genotype test before marriage else you will experience a crises-laden future.
True talk. But, i have seen a case of AS and AS with all children AS! Could you please enlighten me on this? What happened? Is this kind of mutation common?
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

Really? She na me fail science abi na u? Hmmm..... Dis is interesticano!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Signs She Enjoys Having $ex With You / 9 Types Of Girlfriends / Clear Signs That She Is Crazy About You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.