Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? (4618 Views)

Outrageous Prices Of Game Consoles By Sellers / Do You Have An Idea On The Current Price Of Play Station 2 ? / What Is The Current Price Of Psp In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Bawss1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
I heard an argument that the gaming experience on the current consoles have plateaued and that there is little, if anything, being added to games these days. One party was blaming this on the assertion that developers have maxed out the capabilities of today’s consoles while another was saying that it lies with developers to innovate, that new hardware will not change anything. Now I don't know if there is even any sense in the argument but I will pose this question here: Is the longevity of the current generation of consoles a good thing?
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Bawss1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Besides its not like there isn’t work on new consoles
Anyone scanning the horizons for sight of the next generation of gaming consoles would certainly not have missed Ouya and Wii U. While these developments seem exciting in their own right I wonder if they are next gen that gamers looking out for. The Ouya is an android based console which desires to bring android gaming to television and will certainly appeal to independent developers who want to produce works without the oversight of a big corporation. The Wii U on the other hand is the successor to the Wii. Yes the Ouya looks set to be hacked to hell and back and the Wii U looks likes the Wii with a tablet. Is this really the next gen we should be excited about?
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
The Ouya and WII U are not really the "next gen" consoles. they are not aimed at that market segment.

but yes i do agree that these consoles have stayed too long.

i cant wait for new ones to be announced so i can snag a couple of ps3s for 10k each to use as my HTPC/retro gaming center/leisure browsing center grin grin grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Bawss1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
On the contrary I think both the Ouya and Wii U are aimed at the mainstream market. In fact part of the reason behind the Wii U was to attract the core gamers market (even though I think its features will quickly pale in the near future). The Ouya also targets the mainstream albeit with a different selling model .i.e free games, $99 console. Whether they will succeed remains to be seen.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Tbase2: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bawss1: On the contrary I think both the Ouya and Wii U are aimed at the mainstream market. In fact part of the reason behind the Wii U was to attract the core gamers market (even though I think its features will quickly pale in the near future). The Ouya also targets the mainstream albeit with a different selling model .i.e free games, $99 console. Whether they will succeed remains to be seen.
you are so full of Poo forgive me for saying that but do you think it's every body that can Zap out thousands of naira for consoles like you imo i wish that sony and other consoles producers can just stop producing consoles and just stick to all their latest consoles well that's me just saying
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Bawss1(m): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2012
I'm in the habit of ignoring foul mouthed and juvenile comments on NL.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Tbase2: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2012
Bawss1: I'm in the habit of ignoring foul mouthed and juvenile comments on NL.
and am in the habit of blasting every "mr i have it all " people on Nl
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 14, 2012
Bawss1: I heard an argument that the gaming experience on the current consoles have plateaued and that there is little, if anything, being added to games these days. One party was blaming this on the assertion that developers have maxed out the capabilities of today’s consoles while another was saying that it lies with developers to innovate, that new hardware will not change anything. Now I don't know if there is even any sense in the argument but I will pose this question here: Is the longevity of the current generation of consoles a good thing?

I honestly have not seen a huge jump in technology since 1995...when playstation brought 3d polygon animation models into the gaming world and replaced 2d side scrolling trash from the snes and genesis dayz

Ps2 was not a huge improvement over ps1....

Xbox 360 and Ps3 are not huge improvements over ps2 or xbox....

I Believe developers are running out of creative and innovative ideas to create new technology.

Proof of this was the Garbage "Motion Sensor" controls that Flopped.

6-7 years is usually the average LifeSpan for Consoles Anyway.

Lack Creativity = Lack of Rush to the Market.

1 Like

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 14, 2012
smiley DBL
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Bawss1(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2012
^I thought 5 years was the lifespan of consoles but with no announcements from the big players except Nintendo this current gen is set to last for a few more years. Maybe the hesitation to release new consoles is because the likes of Sony and MS are yet to fully recoup investments on their present offerings.

You can't say there weren't significant improvements over previous consoles either. Features like online gaming, DLCs, and HD graphics which many gamers take for granted today are quite significant.

EDITED
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2012
~Royal~:

I honestly have not seen a huge jump in technology since 1995...when playstation brought 3d polygon animation models into the gaming world and replaced 2d side scrolling trash from the snes and genesis dayz

Well, there may not have been "huge" improvements from the fifth to sixth generation, and from the sixth to seventh, but there is a "huge" improvement from the fifth(PS1) to seventh(PS3), therefore there has been a "huge jump in technology since 1995"(94 actually).

I Believe developers are running out of creative and innovative ideas to create new technology.

I'm not really into motion controls personally, but to say they flopped is patently false.

The Wii has sold almost a hundred million units. The Kinect is the "fastest selling consumer electronics device" of all time according to Guiness World Records.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
Bawss1: ^I thought 5 years was the lifespan of consoles but with now announcements from the big players except Nintendo this current gen is set to last for few more years. Maybe the hesitation to release new consoles is because the likes of Sony and MS are yet to fully recoup investments on their present offerings.

You can't say there weren't significant improvements over previous consoles either. Features like online gaming, DLCs, and HD graphics which many gamers take for granted today are quite significant.

Actually, online gaming has been present since the Dreamcast(my all-time favorite console), it's more a case of high-speed internet becoming more affordable.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
You wouldn't call Motion Controls a Flop?

Look at the Ps Move and Xbox Kinect.

Absolute Flops

The Wii is a Child's system, Nintendo Targets Children, Im just speaking of the Adult Purchasing Public.

So their Sales are Inflated off the Name and Targeting Children

Motion Controls for Adults,Definitely Flopped.....
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
~Royal~:
You wouldn't call Motion Controls a Flop?

Look at the Ps Move and Xbox Kinect.

Absolute Flops

The Wii is a Child's system, Nintendo Targets Children, Im just speaking of the Adult Purchasing Public.

So their Sales are Inflated off the Name and Targeting Children

Motion Controls for Adults,Definitely Flopped.....

This is absolutely preposterous considering the fact the Wii appealed to "older" people a lot more than any other console ever managed to do.

Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it flopped. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. In case you missed it:

The Wii has sold almost a hundred million units. The Kinect is the "fastest selling consumer electronics device" OF ALL TIME according to Guiness World Records.

1 Like

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
bro, the Kinnect and Ps Move Flopped...Stop It

...Read Gaming Magazines...Read Gaming Websites...

Many Publishers have stopped even development production on Motion Sensor Games

..And Again with the Wii....The wii is not even considered a latest generation system...

You are insulting Video Gamers everywhere by constantly putting the wii in the discussion

The wii does not have hardware capabilities to be classified as Current Gen.

It's a Gamecube 2.5

Chill with that Fam

Motion Controls Flopped.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2012
Dude must be sitting in the house as a Grown Man playing Nintendo Wii and Got Offended at my comment.

The Wii is not Current Gen Technology=Not relevant to discussion...and the Sales have died over the last 2 years anyway..The system has been dead since 2009

Ps Move was an immortal Flop

And Xbox Kinnect flopped just as badly, It's also Buggy

I actually thought Kinnect would succeed...I purchased it...smh Utter Disgrace to Gaming

Motion Controls are actually Backwards Thinking and Not Progressive Technology

Think about it...Technology is about being progressive, Advancement, Digital Command would be the Improvement of "Motion" command

Shorter more precise accuracy.

Just Like Mobile phones and Notebooks

Take for example the "Mouse Pad" and the "Mouse"

We have advanced pass that to not using a "mouse" at All....

Using a Motion Controller, should have technically predated the control Pad.

It's nothing but a gimmick, and Its Popularity has Died as a Result.

Heres a Link to Ign...Worlds Number 1 gaming mag for hardcore gamers...

You go argue with these guys as to why Motion Gaming "Did not" Flop....

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/why-did-the-psmove-flop.207166705/

Maybe it's still popular in Africa.....

In America Motion Gaming is Beyond Dead.

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Stop trying to flip the argument. . . Your initial assertion was "Motion controls flopped", now you're trying to change it to "The PS Move flopped and motion gaming is dead".

And Again with the Wii....The wii is not even considered a latest generation system...

You are insulting Video Gamers everywhere by constantly putting the wii in the discussion

The wii does not have hardware capabilities to be classified as Current Gen.

Again, i must remind you never to depict YOUR views as universal. If YOU don't consider the Wii part of the seventh generation, that's your own problem, but don't ever try to impose this view(or any other views you hold) on others or paint it as being generally accepted when they clearly aren't: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29]Seventh Generation[/url]. I'm sure you can read.

Dude must be sitting in the house as a Grown Man playing Nintendo Wii and Got Offended at my comment.

Lol. I gave my Wii away over a year ago.

Ps Move was an immortal Flop

Notice how i never said anything about the Move?

And Xbox Kinnect flopped just as badly

Less than two years in stores and already over 18 million units sold. . . Can you define the word "flop"? I don't think so. At least your comments suggest otherwise.

I actually thought Kinnect would succeed...I purchased it...smh Utter Disgrace to Gaming

Funny, i also got it. The Gunstringer is the only Kinect game i play. Difference is you won't see me calling it a flop just because it doesn't appeal to me.

It was a Gimmick Bro...Motion Gaming is Dead.

Know what else is dead? Famicom, SNES, PSX, Michael Jackson(literally) etc. Does this make them flops?

You should also endeavor to use less ambiguous terms than "dead" in this context or expatiate. Does "dead" apply to sales, use, etc?
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
I said Motion ConTrols Flopped....What do you mean flipped the Argument..

Motion COntrolling Gaming Is Dead

You still in here trying to fight a dead argument bro?

LmL.....

I posted evidence...you still in denial...Maybe In Africa Motion Control Gaming is Still Cool....

Xbox Kinnect is destroying Systems....Google it...iT'S buggy and major developers ceased production of star Titles

Ps Move..outright Garbage

Wii, was only a gimmich system purchased for "casuals" and children and had had Terrible Sales the last 3 years....

Conclusion Motion Gaming Flopped....it didn't even survive "1" generation of gaming, that's sad lol
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2012
This has nothing to do with "my" opinion pick up a gaming Magazine or Watch G4 FFS

...iGN..Gamepro...Gameinformer......

..You are Living in the Dark Ages Man....The information in Available. LmL..

..It is universally known to all Hardcore Gamers that Motion Control Gaming was an epic Failure...

Thus the reason the only person to ever even debate me on this resides on an African Forum......LmL

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
Kid is losing a debate so they delete my post and BAN ME...for discussing video game technology

Typical Lame Forum

Banned for talking video games....Lmfao
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 14, 2012
[size=2pt]this nigga stay in a debate and banned. [/size]grin

@whoever I agree. tongue
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
~Royal~:

6-7 years is usually the average LifeSpan for Consoles Anyway.

Lack Creativity = Lack of Rush to the Market.

right!!

exactly, they are focusing on the development, marketing and profit earned from games and not so much the consoles.

adding dual shock, different colors and see through only "awe" the 10 year olds. tongue

PS 1

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREK0WHuGXOci0SmWSg7dEoXX4SM3J4nNxNmBKsIUjZIKGCsvDHUg[/img]

PS 2

PS 3

[img]http://southernfriedgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PS3Controller2_270x253.bmp[/img]

Other variations>>> http://www.elemento-/controles-ps3-personalizados-modelos/

PS 360

still the same shyt lmao.. grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
I said Motion ConTrols Flopped....What do you mean flipped the Argument..

Motion COntrolling Gaming Is Dead

You still in here trying to fight a dead argument bro?

LmL.....

I posted evidence...you still in denial...Maybe In Africa Motion Control Gaming is Still Cool....

Xbox Kinnect is destroying Systems....Google it...iT'S buggy and major developers ceased production of star Titles

Ps Move..outright Garbage

Try to be coherent when you type, you're not making any sense. . . And you've provided no "evidence" motion controls flopped. On the contrary, you are ignoring the most tangible "evidence" provided by "me" so far: the solid sales of the Wii and Kinect, but you seem to enjoy blowing hot air.

Wii, was only a gimmich system purchased for "casuals" and children and had had Terrible Sales the last 3 years.....

Even with the recent "terrible" sales, the Wii has still outsold the "hardcore" PS3 and 360 by about 30 MILLION, and it came out a year after the 360. . . So we can safely say the PS3 and 360 flopped even harder, right?

Conclusion Motion Gaming Flopped....it didn't even survive "1" generation of gaming, that's sad lol

Except the Wii U retains motion controls. . . But of course you probably think the Wii U is a third generation console so why bother?

~Royal~:
This has nothing to do with "my" opinion pick up a gaming Magazine or Watch G4 FFS

...iGN..Gamepro...Gameinformer......

You mean IGN and Gamepro consider the Wii a sixth generation console like you do cheesy

Don't tell me you read on Game Informer the Wii "flopped", ha!

..You are Living in the Dark Ages Man....The information in Available. LmL..

..It is universally known to all Hardcore Gamers that Motion Control Gaming was an epic Failure...

Thus the reason the only person to ever even debate me on this resides on an African Forum......LmL

You talk like a six year old. . . "Read IGN", "Go to Gamepro", "Watch G4" etc. When i paid my first visit to IGN you were probably still swimming in a scrotum, judging by the stench of your immaturity.

If you're going to make asinine comments like that at least reserve them for things not every Tom, Nick and Barry would know like errm, the world's most popular gaming websites/channels.

Despicable-VII:
Kid is losing a debate so they delete my post and BAN ME...for discussing video game technology

Typical Lame Forum

Banned for talking video games....Lmfao

Lol. No one banned you. Your posts got tagged by the spambot, probably because you talk a lot of shit! cheesy
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2012
You keep bringing up total sales...and Ignoring Net Profit/Net Loss

Nintendo is losing money with the Wii...

I posted various links

XBOX Kinnect Is Destroying Consoles and Publishers have Pulled Out

And You have Admitted Sony Ps Move is a Flop

So we can conclude for the 5th time...

That The wii...which Is in the Negative IS AN Epic Failure

We Concluded the other 2 are failures...

Yet you still continue to type while ignoring the facts

Lmfao Kid just go kick rocks, Clearly Your point has been countered

Are you going to ignore the Links I posted and continue typing like the typical Ignorant Little nerd you clearly appear to be?

...Lmfao?
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
I guess this is what happens when you debate with a nerd on an African Forum who misspells his own Forum Name....

.....lol wait i know..."the Wii"

You mean the same wii that has put nintendo minus 1 billion?

Oh Ok...

Right?....

Motion Controls Flopped....

Now keep typing so i can continue Laughing at you Lmfao

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2012
And where is your defense of Ps Move and Xbox Kinnect?...

..Why no textual support for those complete failures?

Do i have to compile a youtube montage of various hardcore gamers showing videos of the xbox kinnect roasting their systems causing System Failure?

Tell me if you want because i will....

You seem to be one of these little nerds who does not know when to admit a Loss?......LmL
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
Viewing this topic: ritchboy(m), ~Royal~

Yeah sit in the room and wait another 23 hours to compile a post praising a system that has been losing hundreds of millions of $ per last 3 years..

.......lol
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLpUR5T694

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/26/nintendo-reports-461-2m-in-losses-is-selling-3ds-below-cost/

Just some more various sweat from the truth ball sac as it slaps across your face....

You keep referencing nintendo wii's sales....but forgetting that nintendo was half the price of the ps3 at release...Smh

You don't go by unit sales...you go by PROFIT...fool. Lmfao

The fact that You are desperate enough to even use "nintendo"(grown adult men dont even play that) as your argument speaks to how sad you are

The Hardcore Gaming community completely ignores the Wii....

They get no big name 3rd party publishers....the system is a joke and has cost nintendo close to a billion dollars in loses

Yet...your defense of "motion control gaming" is a system that Is not even Relevant? and is in the Negative? Lmfao

Not to mention you completely try to avoid Ps Move and Xbox Kinnect Epic Fails......

...If motion control gaming is not a flop....Why is it currently dead then?

Remember they were introduced during "this" generation....

So their Death Coincides with their Flop...because they didn't live long enough to see success....

....Wait...I know...Make another reference to a system losing 1 billions$.....lol

This is what happens when Little Nerds try to pretend to be intelligent on a random uneducated nigerian forum...when they "assume" they are debating with random uneducated Nigerians grin

...End of Thread/ Lmfaoooooo Straight Loser.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
I was pondering whether or not to reply as I've never seen so much anti-sense in the same place. . . Where do I start

You keep bringing up total sales...and Ignoring Net Profit/Net Loss

Nintendo is losing money with the Wii...

And what console hasn't lost money at some point? Oh! It's a flop cos "Nintendo is losing money with the Wii". LOL. Do you have the slightest idea how much Sony lost with the PS3 in the first two years alone?

Sony has now lost about $3.3 billion on the Playstation 3 since its launch. That is broken down into losses of $2.16 billion in 2007 and $1.16 billion in 2008. - LINK

Just Google "Sony PS3 losses", there's like a million articles.

XBOX? LMAO. Last i heard:

Microsoft's entertainment and devices division has not been too lucrative lately, with figures revealing a loss of $229 million in the three months ending March 31(2012). As this console generation begins to wrap up, news arrives of Xbox 360 sales falling by nearly 50%. - LINK

That was just a couple months ago. I don't need to remind you the RROD warranty shitzo cost MS approx. $1.1 BILLION.

Now listen carefully cos I'm only going to say it once: The Wii has been the most profitable console this generation., yet somehow in your twisted logic, this also makes it the biggest flop, talk about scatter-brained.

Yet another of your idiotic arguments falls flat on it's face cheesy

And You have Admitted Sony Ps Move is a Flop

How could i possibly "admit" Move flopped when i never stated otherwise? Pay attention.

And where is your defense of Ps Move and Xbox Kinnect?...

..Why no textual support for those complete failures?

I'm sure you can read, at least i hope so:

The Kinect is the "fastest selling consumer electronics device" of all time according to Guiness World Records.

Viewing this topic: ritchboy(m), ~Royal~

Yeah sit in the room and wait another 23 hours to compile a post praising a system that has been losing hundreds of millions of $ per last 3 years..

.......lol

Hehehe. You do realize because the forum says I'm viewing the topic doesn't necessarily mean I'm actually viewing it, no? Maybe you think the forum has hidden cameras behind me that tell it I'm staring right at it! cheesy

You keep referencing nintendo wii's sales....but forgetting that nintendo was half the price of the ps3 at release...Smh

You don't go by unit sales...you go by PROFIT...fool. Lmfao

And remind me which console has made more PROFIT again? Calling you a fool would be an insult to fools grin grin

~Royal~:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLpUR5T694

Now this is just plain hilarious. 360s have been rroding way before Kinect. RROD is a problem of the 360, not a Kinect problem.

Let's even 'assume' the Kinect causes RROD, that doesn't take anything away from it's solid sales. It's also quite ironic the guy in the video actually praised the Kinect. #purposedefeated You might want to take it down now!

If the Kinect is a flop because it "allegedly" causes some consoles to RROD, then it's safe to say the 360 in general is the biggest flop this generation as MILLIONS of consoles had already RRODed long before Kinect was released.

Do you see how you just made an absolute mockery of your brain?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/26/nintendo-reports-461-2m-in-losses-is-selling-3ds-below-cost/

What does this prove? Nintendo are selling the 3DS below cost? Lol.

The fact that You are desperate enough to even use "nintendo"(grown adult men dont even play that) as your argument speaks to how sad you are

The Hardcore Gaming community completely ignores the Wii....

They get no big name 3rd party publishers....the system is a joke and has cost nintendo close to a billion dollars in loses

Yet...your defense of "motion control gaming" is a system that Is not even Relevant? and is in the Negative? Lmfao

How does "grown adult men"(lol)/hardcore gamers not playing the Wii alter the fact it has outsold the PS3/360 by 30 million or make it a flop? Learn to stay relevant. What next, you're going to tell me what you had for breakfast?

I missed this earlier:

Kid is losing a debate so they delete my post and BAN ME

The saddest part is you actually think you're "winning", lolol.

I have entertained your lunacy long enough. You can go back to your "North American forum" now and rub minds with your intellectual equals. cheesy
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 16, 2012
Ummm Playstation 3 is a flop as well......

Why you bring another "flop" system up to justify motion control gaming being "not" being a "flop" i have no idea....

Lmfaooooooo

Again another long rant about the "Wii" (which is losing money)...and you keep ignoring Ps Move and Xbox kinnect being epic failures

Why? because you are a moronic fool who is getting slaughtered in a debate so you constantly keep ignoring the other "2" motion controlling gaming devices published but bring the conversation back to the Ninento wii which has failed miserably

How could i possibly "admit" Move flopped when i never stated otherwise? Pay attention.

See this is a clear example of a fool who is conceding defeat without actually wanting to "say" ok I lost you Win....

Your whole entire "reason" for debating me was because #1 your a foolish nintendo fan boy...and number #2 because your a Fool grin

Number 3...most likely an African Fool grin Lmfao......

You can't engage in a debate about "motion control gaming" then ignore the "fails" of motion control gaming

All their Failures are definitive...... Thus the reason why "Royal" said..."Motion Gaming Flopped" "Motion Gaming is a Failure"

Because your brain is very primitive understanding this reasoning became both challenging and supremely baffled your inferior mind...

Wait i Know..."the wii"....the system in the negative profit margin....(lmfao)

How does "grown adult men"(lol)/hardcore gamers not playing the Wii alter the fact it has outsold the PS3/360 by 30 million or make it a flop?

The adult male gamer dictates the market places, 3rd party publishers do not create their blockbuster titles for The WII...and if they do you see a censored watered down childs version...

The Ps3(which is also a flop) and the xbox 360 are both more profitable than the wii....As of 2011-2012..The wii was released and sold at 249$ the ps3 was sold at 650$

Smh Do we even have to take it to 3rd party software sales which the wii has zero of?..

This is typical when arguing with a delusional nerdy nintendo fan boy..in his mid 30s still thinking playing Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong are "cool" Lmfao

Nintendo has no been king since super nintendo......Selling your system for dirt cheap to push units while going negative on +/- gains is not "winning".....

Maybe to 36 year old men still who play Donkey Kong and Zelda.....

Brother i think it's time to put the "Nintendo" games down and get yourself a real life girlfriend..

I mean are you going to wait till you are 40?....(or are you already?)

Sony has now lost about $3.3 billion on the Playstation 3 since its launch. That is broken down into losses of $2.16 billion in 2007 and $1.16 billion in 2008. - LINK

Do you notice the links you post are from 2008...while the links and information i post are from 2012?...Lmfao

Comparing one flop to another flop does not make much sense either...But for the sake of argument ps3 had been outselling the wii in japan since 2009

Japan is nintendo's number 1 market

The Magazines have declared Xbox the most profitable system....It owns wii in both Europe and America...wii started out fast but sales have died the last 3 years

Thus the reason for the profit +/- in the negative

While Bill Gates is counting money.....

Why has the subject changed from "motion Control Gaming Flopped" to discussing console wars though?

Ahh i know why...because you never really wanted to argue the "FACT" that motion control gaming died...you just wanted to be a nintendo fan boy and stick up for your ancient prehistoric "dead" nintendo wii.... wink

If the Kinect is a flop because it "allegedly" causes some consoles to RROD, then it's safe to say the 360 in general is the biggest flop this generation as MILLIONS of consoles had already RRODed long before Kinect was released.

People who own Xbox Kinnect(like me)...we don't use it for gaming...(because it's terrible for gaming) we use it for other things....like video kinnect

It has other functions, Wii and Ps Move are just motion controls waving sticks with poor synch at the screen

While Kinect does other Things....(but is absolutely terrible for gaming) this is the reason why kinect has lost 405 of big time 3rd party publishers

During each console generation "3rd party" publishing dictates the winner...without 3rd party publishing..a system can not last.

Do your research before typing random nonsense.....xbox kinnect software titles don't sell(video game software) ....

If you want to know the real reason us Xboxers use kinnect i suggest you come into the new world, find a "friend" and then ask them... cheesy

Certainly is not for Gaming.

I said "Motion Control Gaming" Flopped......Not Video Peripherals

Name the Legendary Selling Xbox Kinect 3rd party video game software.....

Ill Wait....

Exactly.... lol nobody uses that for gaming fool.

Even with the recent "terrible" sales, the Wii has still outsold the "hardcore" PS3 and 360 by about 30 MILLION, and it came out a year after the 360. . . So we can safely say the PS3 and 360 flopped even harder, right?

No, only to an african brother who can't do basic Math...nor can he comprehend the nintendo wii unit was priced 3x times as Low as the other 2 systems

Ps3 was a flop by Sony's immortal standards and still made more money than the wii...

AND xbox 360 has much higher +/- gains than that of the wii

Remember wii has no subscription online service worthy to speak of...Xbox is grossing more just off the online gaming phenomenon alone.....

Selling a system for dirt cheap and Losing money on the back end years is Horrible Business, this is why Nintendo is getting crucified in the Gamer Media...

Did you not read my links?.....Lmfao

Wait i know...the answer to my links is to counter with posting a link from "2008" of another epic flop system losing money...

Right...

cheesy

http://www.ingame.msnbc.msn.com/technology/ingame/ouch-report-says-nintendo-bleeding-big-money-119538

Meanwhile, Nintendo's Wii game machine — which once showered the company in money — has been on downhill sales slide for some time. It is, after all, five years old ... and also far outpowered by rival machines: the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Lmfao^^ You stuck in 2007 man...The Wii has been done for quite some time.

Motion Control Gaming Flopped.

By your logic....sega dreamcast was a success....it had great "initial" sales....lol

By your logic.....Nintendo 64 was a success....it had great "initial" sales... lol

By your Logic ....Michael jackson invincible album was a success....it had great "initial" sales....lol

By your Logic......Sega Saturn was a success.....it had great "initial" sales......lol

Now let me go back to my "North American Forum" and Laugh, and post what the nerdy little Nintendo fan boy named Yakubu (Who misspelled his own forum name LOL) wrote on this lovely forum full of great intellectual and progressive Minds.....

~~{{{{ grin }}}}~~

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 16, 2012
The Nintendo wii can't even be played in High Definition..Lmfao the nerve of this guy

In 2012 a "standard" definition displaying console machine.....During a time period when everyone's cell phones and computer monitors display high resolution

Wii users are stuck staring at 480i straight out the box....

Yet you are grouping this Ancient Device with latest generation Technology.

Not to mention the fact that many of the wii's first party games can be played Via Controller Pad...(Lol@stupidity grin )

Smh 3rd world debaters Lmfao. Kid is a flat out Joke.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PS3 Multiman Issues (Solved) / Xbox 360 Slim Loaded With 25 Games / Unbelievable, With This Low Species Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.