Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Addicted To Romance Novels? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Addicted To Romance Novels? (6422 Views)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by dkingsgirl(f): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
i use to be an addict, i love reading novels with a passion especially romance but when i started working the habit automatically died down. reading novels even romance helps build your intellect and exposes you to the issues of life.

it's my biggest hobby
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2007
i feel you, when i started work too, i kind of had to slow down a bit, however, i still find time to read, both during the week and on weekends.

i read on my way to work in the mornings and on my way home at night since i dont drive. Weekends however are more devoted to tv and movies, i just try to create a balance sha.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by uchetobi(f): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2007
, I grew up as an M and B, silhouette and Harlequin addict, all d authors name dem iv read dem. I bought, I borrowed, I stole ….
Penny Jordan
Emma Darcy
Emma Richmond
Valerie Perv
Nora Robert
Amanda Quik
Judith Ann Krentz
Janet Dailey and d list goes on and on…

But I stopped buying them, I read them when I am really bored, instead I invest in Judith Krantz, Sidney Sheldon, Mary Higgins Clarke, Tom Clancy, and the likes of them.

Pure Romance could be borig and monotonous, same story line and feels kind of dumb as u grow older
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by princesa(f): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2008
yeah Uchetobi i agree with you
same old story of having a problem(girl) meets a guy(prince charming)
they become freinds and falls in love, they have sex but the lady doesent get
pregnant shocked

what a fairy tale

anyway sha if it wasnt like that who will read it

soooooooooo i love them grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by egoli(f): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2008
lola dearie neva mind all dem rom. haters.i am daring all of them to pick up a sandra brown novel and after reading it dy shld say what dy think abt it.by d way i dont think u also read sandra brown books because as 4 me she is still d best.i love j. mcnaught too but not all of her books are interesting.but d best romance story i ve read so far was written by her and dts PERFECT.

1 Like

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by ayeesha: 12:15pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ egoli

have you by any chance read whitney my love?

i dnt know who wrote the book cos i borrowed it from a friend without the cover.

now that is a PERFECT book to me.once you start, you caant stop till you reach the last page.

av read it more than 7 times already and each time,i ts like am reading it for the first time.

that book is simply off the hook for me!

2 Likes

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by iice(f): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2008
stillwater. . .i know what you mean! Who has tried the blaze series grin grin
I have a favorite. . .the dude is slightly unhinged grin grin
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Kezzy24(f): 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hi Lola thanx 4 dis post,readin novels transports me 2 places.
I'v read novels written by a lot of authors,lyk SANDRA BROWN,DANIELLE STEEL,JUDITH MCNAUGHT(yearning 2 read Water's Edge),KAREN ROBARDS,DIANA PALMER,LINDA HOWARD,JUDITH GOULD,CONNIE MASON,VIRGINIA HENLEY,BERTRICE SMALL, e.t.c.4 d guyz,SIDNEY SHELDON,KEN FOLLET(D 3RD TWIN stil livs in my memory),HAROLD ROBBINS,MARIO PUZO.

1 Like

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Kezzy24(f): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
@egoli,al Judith McNaught's books are interestin.
@ayeesha,d author of Whitney My Love is Judith McNaught.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by queenesthr(f): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
Romance novels are a load of trash!!!
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by larablog: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2011
i love romance books too especially historical romance
huge collections of free historical romance books on my blog
Amanda quick
Jane feather
Julie Garwood
Judith McNaught
and many more to come when i upload them
visit http://9jabookmania..com/search/label/HISTORICAL%20ROMANCE%20BOOKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Netra: 12:35am On Apr 26, 2011
Lara, thanks for the link. I love romance novels, and I'll never, ever stop loving them, especially now that I a romance author. For lovers of romance novels, do you mind checking my website: www.nettyejike.com and tell me what you think? I have a mighty task of forming a romance series just like Harlequin. Mine is DeRafelo Romance, so if you are a romance writer and you are interested, kindly let me know. Thanks.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Xfactor2(f): 2:35pm On May 11, 2011
I think the poster here said if you like romance novels than sign up. All the haters have somehow detracted from that. What is it do people not know how to read or do they lack comprehension. She did not ask what do you think and its not anyone's place to tell people to grow up or what will teach you lessons. I haven't read the type of romance novels spoken of here in 15 years at least but I think its a shame that there are people just out to jeopardize other people's efforts. This would have been a good forum for romance genre lovers and i would have loved to read their reviews of what they've read. Instead of all this mindless dribble.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Ubiero(f): 10:39am On May 17, 2011
I would not get out of my room for like hours. I probably lost my conversational skills during those periods.
Ironically, romance novels have actually made me cynical  and sarcastic about love and men.
I'd say that was a true representation of who I am. I'd read about 5 books a week. And I'd refuse to go out just cos i want to finish a book. I didn't date.I'd rather curl up in bed than go out.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Ubiero(f): 10:46am On May 17, 2011
I've read just about all of Johanna Lindsey's novels.Judith McNaught,Nan Ryan,Linda Lael Miller,Lisa Kleypas,Connie Mason,Brenda Joyce,Older works of Sandra Brown,etc.Just name it.
My friends used to say that i'd read all the books available so wat they're expecting is to get an autographed copy of my book.

And to all d haters,I beleive d poster said if u were addicted to romance novels not asking for ur advice so go cool off.

1 Like

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by MyneWhite1(f): 4:07pm On May 17, 2011
Here I am - signing up!

Romance novels keep me company as I grew up and I still read them now.

Ubiero:

My friends used to say that i'd read all the books available so wat they're expecting is to get an autographed copy of my book.

LOL, same as me. Now I actually have my own romance novel. Do you write?

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Ubiero(f): 4:41pm On May 17, 2011
Wow,This is cool.And nope,i haven't started writing any.
Maybe someday.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by closetromantic: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
I love romance novels so much! From secondary school, to university and even now that I'm working the love hasn't faded. Thats one of the reasons I recently started my own blog, to talk endlessly about a topic I love & to meet other romance novel addicts (my soul sisters). Check out my blog www.theclosetromanticsblog..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Caricature Of A Lonely Heart (A Novel By Shoefreak) / Extreme Encounter / Publiseer Is A Finalist At The 2018 Harvard Business School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.