Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Beware Of Women - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Women (2276 Views)

Great Men That Fell In Bible Because Of Women / List Of Great Men That Fell In The Bible Because Of Women / The Stand Of Women In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Women by tobechi20(m): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
Women have made men go against their wish.

ADAM
The first man on earth.
When God commanded him not to eat d forbiden fruit, he obeyed. He feared God . Until the woman gave him d fruit. Some how, he didnt object. He didnt say NO. He didnt ask question. He ate the fruit. He chose to displease God rather than the Woman.
He brought a curse to mankind.

SAMSON
The strongest man . He was told never to reveal his strenght secret to any body.He obeyed. He told no Man Until a woman came, he tried to resist the woman but finally yielded. The woman finally overpowered the man. Samson lost his strenght.HE ended up a blind man.

David

God had a special love for him. The man after God heart..
A naked woman taking her bath caused him dearly. He disobeyed God, tried covering up and commited another sin.He ended up bringing punishment to his family.

Solomon
wisest man on earth...built the temple,..greatest Judge.
Later started following women....disobeyd God...worship idols.,

CONCLUSION
A WOMEN IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE STRONGEST AND WISEST MAN...
SHE CAN MAKE A MAN GO AGAINST HIS/GOD'S WILL

ILLUSTRATION

Abacha was rumoured to be killed by a woman... Tiger woods was world number one until numerous s....x scandal. Pastor chris integrity as a pastor is threatend by his mariage to a divorcee and sudbsequent divorce
..,may be thats why catholic priest dön't get married.

Recomendation

do you want to achieve /be the best?
do you want to make money/acquire wealth?

do you want to serve God and obey his commandment?

do you want to make heaven?

BEWARE OF WOMEN

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Women by OldHag: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
Good sound advice. The creator made women to please the eye and trouble the mind. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bigotry, sexism.

You christians are sick
Re: Beware Of Women by Ptolomeus(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
Right.
I have nothing against homosexuals.
You have every right to manifest, but honestly, it seems to me somewhat exaggerated aggressive and your hatred of women.
Do not forget that you were born a woman ... and that regardless of your sex.ual choice (against which I have nothing) a woman is a human being and deserves respect.
Beyond your sex.ual orientation, you do not have mother?
Sorry, it's just my opinion.
Re: Beware Of Women by anukulapo: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
@OP:Obviously,many viewers of this thread (I guess) don't know what to say about your post.

As much as you are pointing to those stories from the bible,it's obvious your young (christian mind) has not fully grasped the gender issue in christianity.

Your post's concept it like that of anyone who wants to tell about how powerful the devil is.

Move on bro...learn and post bout other important thing to christianity. Not the gender play.
Re: Beware Of Women by chucky101(m): 12:06am On Jul 13, 2012
The poster is developing a theory thats still in its infancy, he needs to think it through. I know lust of the flesh is a clear & present danger on a mans path towards achieving victory. But the onus is on him to exercise discipline. Dont blame the honeyz.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Women by Areaboy2(m): 12:14am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01: Bigotry, sexism.

You christians are sick

dont forget encouraging Misogyny undecided

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 12:18am On Jul 13, 2012
Area_boy:

dont forget encouraging Misogyny undecided

lol!
Re: Beware Of Women by spicyv1(f): 12:56am On Jul 13, 2012
chucky101: The poster is developing a theory thats still in its infancy, he needs to think it through. I know lust of the flesh is a clear & present danger on a mans path towards achieving victory. But the onus is on him to exercise discipline. Dont blame the honeyz.

On point!!!

@ op: pay attention to this scripture, tho paraphrased. " Let no man claim that he is being tempted θf God, every man is tempted by the sinful desires θf his heart".

Truth is what you see externally cannot cause you to sin, you will only sin when that external factor resonates with a familiar internal factor! So don't blame the women, blame your untamed lustfull desires.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Women by Areaboy2(m): 1:13am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

On point!!!

@ op: pay attention to this scripture, tho paraphrased. " Let no man claim that he is being tempted θf God, every man is tempted by the sinful desires θf his heart".

Truth is what you see externally cannot cause you to sin, you will only sin when that external factor resonates with a familiar internal factor! So don't blame the women, blame your untamed lustfull desires.

rubbish!!

He tempted Abraham undecided
Re: Beware Of Women by spicyv1(f): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Area_boy:

rubbish!!

He tempted Abraham undecided

He tested not tempted!!! Gosh it takes alota patience to deal with ignorant people!
Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 1:38am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

He tested not tempted!!! Gosh it takes alota patience to deal with ignorant people!

?

Satan tested Adam too.

Tested Jesus as well
Re: Beware Of Women by spicyv1(f): 2:37am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

?

Satan tested Adam too.

Tested Jesus as well

Now how do I even begin to explain considering tge depth θf your ignorance? Hmmm. Ok, lemme try! God tested Abraham, satan tempted Jesus and Adam! Test is different from tempt! Two different words with teo different meanings! If you had simply followed the thread you would have understood a bit, but alas, grasping things is a major challenge for you.
Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2012
@Tobechi, I think you meant beware of lust and not beware of women.
Re: Beware Of Women by Areaboy2(m): 9:54am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

Now how do I even begin to explain considering tge depth θf your ignorance? Hmmm. Ok, lemme try! God tested Abraham, satan tempted Jesus and Adam! Test is different from tempt! Two different words with teo different meanings! If you had simply followed the thread you would have understood a bit, but alas, grasping things is a major challenge for you.

has nothing to do with ignorance. He and I are only pointing out the obvious discrepancies in the bible.

Over the years, I have noticed numerous times,

"when it sounds nice, read it literally
but when it sounds wrong, modify as demand requires".... area_boy (2011)

that is Christianity in a nutshell.

He tempted Abraham just as the devil tempted Jesus and EVE.

Some may even argue (not me btw) that he tempted JOB undecided

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2012
Area_boy:

has nothing to do with ignorance. He and I are only pointing out the obvious discrepancies in the bible.

Over the years, I have noticed numerous times,

"when it sounds nice, read it literally
but when it sounds wrong, modify as demand requires".... area_boy (2011)

that is Christianity in a nutshell.

He tempted Abraham just as the devil tempted Jesus and EVE.

Some may even argue (not me btw) that he tempted JOB undecided

What is the difference between a test and temptation?

A test is when you are put in a trying situation to see what you will do but with the hope that you will succeed.

A temptation is when you are put in a trying situation to see your response but with the hope that you fail.

I hope you get the difference.
Re: Beware Of Women by Areaboy2(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

A test is when you are put in a trying situation to see what you will do but with the hope that you will succeed.

A temptation is when you are put in a trying situation to see your response but with the hope that you fail.

oh believe me i know the difference of both words, but that is not my point smiley just hold on one sec.

Ah! here we are
Genesis 22: vs 1. "And it came to pass after these things, that God did [b]tempt [/b]Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."

its always beautiful to quote the bible smiley

Now u see why i made that statement about "modify as demand requires"?
Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2012
Area_boy:

oh believe me i know the difference of both words, but that is not my point smiley just hold on one sec.

Ah! here we are
Genesis 22: vs 1. "And it came to pass after these things, that God did [b]tempt [/b]Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."

its always beautiful to quote the bible smiley

Now u see why i made that statement about "modify as demand requires"?
lol, I am sure some other translations would read "test". The word used in particular isn't as important as the context in which it is used.
Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

That is wrong. Temptation is only is the action of tempting or testing somebody, it is irrelevant if the outcome is good or bad.
Re: Beware Of Women by Areaboy2(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, I am sure some other translations would read "test". The word used in particular isn't as important as the context in which it is used.

now that's where we run into all sorts of different problems.

Chief of which, what is the real intent? or the real word of "god" since the bible is one. well, with so many different translations it is impossible to get one hence we resort to using our discretion when we read these! this now begs another question. If we have this inherent correlation of good and evil in our heads before reading the bible, then it isn't a stamp of morality. I think i got carried away there! lol

point is, in my opinion the bible is only subject to reader discretion undecided
Re: Beware Of Women by anukulapo: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Tobechi, I think you meant beware of lust and not beware of women.

^^^Better presentation.

With reference to my former post,OP's portraying "being deceived and used as a stumbling block" (take not of "being deceived"wink as implying that...
*A WOMEN IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE
STRONGEST AND WISEST MAN...
* is really absurd.
Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

That is wrong. Temptation is only is the action of tempting or testing somebody, it is irrelevant if the outcome is good or bad.
Dude please read properly before you reply. the question is not about the eventual outcome but the expected outcome
Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Dude please read properly before you reply. the question is not about the eventual outcome but the expected outcome

The expected outcome is irrelevant.

Temptation is tempting somebody. Any outcome is irrelevant
Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
Area_boy:

now that's where we run into all sorts of different problems.

Chief of which, what is the real intent? or the real word of "god" since the bible is one.
You cannot claim not to know the real intent because he story has been completed for you. The bible is the word of God simple. A mistranslation does not negate that fact.
[i]He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. [/i]2 Corinthians 3:6

well, with so many different translations it is impossible to get one hence we resort to using our discretion when we read these! this now begs another question. If we have this inherent correlation of good and evil in our heads before reading the bible, then it isn't a stamp of morality. I think i got carried away there! lol

point is, in my opinion the bible is only subject to reader discretion undecided

[i]For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest tin them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful.........[/i]Romans 1:18-21 (What you are calling your discretion is in fact your God-given conscience)
Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

So if I say someone is testing me and someone is tempting me, you honestly can't tell the difference?
Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

So if I say someone is testing me and someone is tempting me, you honestly can't tell the difference?

I can not tell the difference until you make a full sentence. For testing, could be taking an exam or someone studying you- "he is testing my skills".

Testing will be synonymous with temptation if someone or something is pushing you towards an action- "he is testing my faith in god by asking me if I will kill my son" = "he is tempting me to kill my son, so that he sees my faith in god"
Re: Beware Of Women by spicyv1(f): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Take it ( a big hug)!!!
Re: Beware Of Women by spicyv1(f): 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Macdaddy: I strongly advice that you stop speaking in public places as you lack the ability to comprehend stuff and have a deeper challenge with expressing your points in a comprehensive manner. Until you can work on overcoming these challenges, log out from all global atmosphere!

Not an insult but just an advice born out θf sympathy!!! I hope you heed!
Re: Beware Of Women by MacDaddy01: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

Macdaddy: I strongly advice that you stop speaking in public places as you lack the ability to comprehend stuff and have a deeper challenge with expressing your points in a comprehensive manner. Until you can work on overcoming these challenges, log out from all global atmosphere!

Not an insult but just an advice born out θf sympathy!!! I hope you heed!

Ad hominem much?

Seems I hurt your ego in a previous argument. grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Women by nyameke: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
tobechi20: Women have made men go against their wish.

ADAM
The first man on earth.
When God commanded him not to eat d forbiden fruit, he obeyed. He feared God . Until the woman gave him d fruit. Some how, he didnt object. He didnt say NO. He didnt ask question. He ate the fruit. He chose to displease God rather than the Woman.
He brought a curse to mankind.

SAMSON
The strongest man . He was told never to reveal his strenght secret to any body.He obeyed. He told no Man Until a woman came, he tried to resist the woman but finally yielded. The woman finally overpowered the man. Samson lost his strenght.HE ended up a blind man.

David

God had a special love for him. The man after God heart..
A naked woman taking her bath caused him dearly. He disobeyed God, tried covering up and commited another sin.He ended up bringing punishment to his family.

Solomon
wisest man on earth...built the temple,..greatest Judge.
Later started following women....disobeyd God...worship idols.,

CONCLUSION
A WOMEN IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE STRONGEST AND WISEST MAN...

ILLUSTRATION

Abacha was rumoured to be killed by a woman... Tiger woods was world number one until numerous s....x scandal. Pastor chris integrity as a pastor is threatend by his mariage to a divorcee and sudbsequent divorce
..,may be thats why catholic priest dön't get married.

Recomendation

do you want to achieve /be the best?
do you want to make money/acquire wealth?

do you want to serve God and obey his commandment?

do you want to make heaven?

BEWARE OF WOMEN
Another stupid and ignorant post..
With that kind of thinking you should rather BEware OF YOURSELF. Women are not the problem you are.. Only a weak and unintelligent mind will think that.

Stop shifting blame and start taking responsibility for your actions might help you in life.. Responsibility is power son.

did Eve force Adam to eat the fruit? Adam had a choice and he made the wrong choice so why blame the woman..
Re: Beware Of Women by Areaboy2(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You cannot claim not to know the real intent because he story has been completed for you. The bible is the word of God simple. A mistranslation does not negate that fact.
[i]He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. [/i]2 Corinthians 3:6

I hate to burst your bubble mate. But sadly it isn't.

when we have additions and subtractions in it, then it simply isnt the word of God.

It is important to note that when these texts were generated, we did not have a Xerox machine. everything was done by hand. one person copies, another person copies that copy , and a new person copies the copy of the copy, another person copies the copy of the copy of the copy.... Im sure you get where i'm going with this.

Give you a small task to prove my point. get an exercise book or bunch of A4 sheets. take a Pen and copy the book of Genesis from chapter 1 to the end. when you are done, give someone else to proof read. see how many mistakes u make.

Now compare that to when they didn't even have ball point pens and writing was done in feathers and ink. Fatigue and stress will surely creep in and cause mistakes.

Even at that, Scribes often changed texts to suit what the perceive to be the real meaning of what the author is talking about and they even add to it.

A good example is the Gospel of Mark. The earliest manuscript end that gospel at chapter 16 :8 with " And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid." NOTHING MORE!
However with subsequent later manuscripts that have been translated, we then find the remaining 12 verses. where did it come from??

Well, the scribes agreed that the gospel should not end like that and they came up with things like drinking poison but wont die as well as speaking foreign languages.

Another popular one is the story of Jesus and the adulterous woman in John chapter 7 and 8. This story is no where to be found in the early manuscripts but somehow surfaces in the 10th century in later Latin texts (which i dont need to remind you was translated from Greek)

I don't know about you mate, but addition and subtraction doesnt sound like the word of "God" to me. im sorry undecided cry

btw I use King James version cos basically all others twist the meaning to make them more coherent and pretty much nonsense
Re: Beware Of Women by MrAnony1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Area_boy:

I hate to burst your bubble mate. But sadly it isn't.

when we have additions and subtractions in it, then it simply isnt the word of God.

It is important to note that when these texts were generated, we did not have a Xerox machine. everything was done by hand. one person copies, another person copies that copy , and a new person copies the copy of the copy, another person copies the copy of the copy of the copy.... Im sure you get where i'm going with this.

Give you a small task to prove my point. get an exercise book or bunch of A4 sheets. take a Pen and copy the book of Genesis from chapter 1 to the end. when you are done, give someone else to proof read. see how many mistakes u make.

Now compare that to when they didn't even have ball point pens and writing was done in feathers and ink. Fatigue and stress will surely creep in and cause mistakes.

Even at that, Scribes often changed texts to suit what the perceive to be the real meaning of what the author is talking about and they even add to it.

A good example is the Gospel of Mark. The earliest manuscript end that gospel at chapter 16 :8 with " And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid." NOTHING MORE!
However with subsequent later manuscripts that have been translated, we then find the remaining 12 verses. where did it come from??

Well, the scribes agreed that the gospel should not end like that and they came up with things like drinking poison but wont die as well as speaking foreign languages.

Another popular one is the story of Jesus and the adulterous woman in John chapter 7 and 8. This story is no where to be found in the early manuscripts but somehow surfaces in the 10th century in later Latin texts (which i dont need to remind you was translated from Greek)

I don't know about you mate, but addition and subtraction doesnt sound like the word of "God" to me. im sorry undecided cry

btw I use King James version cos basically all others twist the meaning to make them more coherent and pretty much nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From The 21st Choir Anniversary Of Celica Church Of Christ / How Benson Idahosa Blessed & Prophesied To Young Aliko Dangote / Archaeology Confirms The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.