Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,823 members, 7,798,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. (16293 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by mukina2: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Shola Soyele ‏@iamshola

BREAKING NEWS: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 others now Senior Advocates of Nigeria. Cc @Channels_TV
https://twitter.com/iamshola/status/223405831830507522

Nigeria’s human rights activist and lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana, alongside 24 others has been elevated to the elite lawyers’ rank of Senior Advocates of Nigeria, SAN, by the Legal Practitioners Privileges committee.

The elevation was endorsed at its meeting held today at the Supreme Court complex in Abuja, in accordance with the provisions of the Legal Practitioners’ Act 2004.

The other new entrants are Professor Yemi Akinseye- George, a lecturer at the University of Ibadan, Professor Dakas Clement James Dakas, Joy Okungbowa Adesina, Chief Mrs. Connie – Jeanne Aremu, Mahmud Abubakar Magaji, Ogwu James Onoja, Garuba Usman Tetengi, Henry Oghogho Ogbodu, Selekeowei Larry, Abenny O. Mohammed and Charles Nwanne Obishai.

Others are Luke Chukwudi Illogu, Francis Chuka Agbo, Paul C. Ananaba, Akinlaja Dayo Moses, Ahmed Raji, Adekunle Theophilus Oyesanya, Rotimi Oluseyi Oguneso, Oluseye Samuel Opasanya, Aderoja Claudius Olumiyiwa, Aliyu Umar, Illo Katune Sanusi, Rotimi Jacobs and Ndukwe A. Nnawuchi.

Their swearing in will be announced later.

[url=http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/12/falana-nigerias-rights-lawyer-becomes-san/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29]Source[/url]

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by amosy007: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
as if i care

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by Siloko26(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
Congratulobia to dem
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by olawalebabs(m): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
Femi Falana SAN Copy that.
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by trigar12(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
amosy007: as if i care
Gosh. We now have kids on nairaland. Warbish
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by ikachi1: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
Just take a look at the list. It is populated by the southerners. I believe that most of these guys stand out in their profession. Why is the bench especially the appeal court and the supreme court populated by the northerners? Is it quota system thing?
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
ikachi1: Just take a look at the list. It is populated by the southerners. I believe that most of these guys stand out in their profession. Why is the bench especially the appeal court and the supreme court populated by the northerners? Is it quota system thing?

FEderal Character my Nigga!!!
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
They have been initiated into the Judicial Cult that sells justice for billions of Naira.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by newman10(m): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
long overdue for Femi falana

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by revomind(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: They have been initiated into the Judicial Cult that sells justice for billions of Naira.

I don't know about others but Falana has been making mega bucks from the profession and will continue doing that SAN or no SAN.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by Samola1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Congratulations to them..........
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by pomporiking: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
Who.cares?

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by boyendowed(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
Congrats to Femi Falana.A lawyer I believe most people respect and admire

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
I dont know other opinions, but I want SAN scrapped. Its not useful in any way, instead justice is on hire purchase. a judicial cult whose devotion is for the super rich and against the poor.
Re: Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
So the noise maker just dey turn SAN sinceeeee undecided.. Fashola na en senior self.. Nonsense!!! ..... Was finking the guy would even be considered a chief justice soon.. I no knw sa na my best friend mate en be angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘Sacked’ Osinbajo’s Aides Not In Humanitarian Ministry / Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? / Victor Oye: Peter Obi Will Not Achieve Anything Until He Returns To APGA (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.