Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail (6759 Views)

Buhari Favours Senator Lawan For Senate Presidency, Sahara Reporters / Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages / Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by visionsen(m): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2012
Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Mr. Adams Jagaba, on Thursday threatened to sue Mr. Farouk Lawan for “blackmail” over the raging $620,000 bribery allegation.

The lawmaker from Kaduna State addressed journalists shortly after the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges quizzed him over the bribery allegation.

He said, “I cannot and shall never be involved in an individualistic act that runs antithetical to national interest.

“Lawan should stop this blackmail forthwith or else, I will have no option but to take the appropriate legal action against him and to seek compensation befitting my status.

“Enough is enough.”

Lawan had admitted receiving the bribe money from oil businessman, Mr. Femi Otedola.

He claimed that he planned to expose Otedola, who wanted his firm, Zenon Oil and Gas Limited, de-listed from the list of firms indicted by the fuel subsidy probe report.

Lawan chaired the Ad hoc Committee on Monitoring of the Subsidy Regime, which investigated the fuel subsidy scheme in April.

According to Lawan, after receiving the money, he reported the issue to Jagaba in writing and attached $500,000 to the letter he handed over to him.

However, Jagaba has consistently denied receiving any letter or money from Lawan.

He said because Lawan had been “rattled” and “confused” by the scandal, he wrote a letter at 3.47am but “forgot to deliver the letter to the intended recipient (Jagaba)”.

Jagaba said Lawan “chose to give it to a newspaper reporter and the Police Special Task Force” instead.

On Thursday, he stated that the first time he saw the letter was in a publication by the Leadership of June 14.

Jagaba confirmed that he was a guest of the police for two hours on the said date and gave his “own side of the story on the bribery scandal investigation”.

He also said on July 11 the STF arranged a meeting between him and Lawan between 3pm and 4pm.

He said, “In his opening remarks, (Lawan) stated that he reported the matter to me because of my position as the Chairman, House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes and not because I was involved in the bribery saga.

“He also told the police that he involved me in the matter because he thinks that that would enhance his case in court.

“We faced each other before the STF. I then put the question: ‘Hon. Farouk, did you give me $500,000 or any money for that matter?’

“This was a question the outspoken Farouk could not answer. He kept mum till I left.”

Jagaba, who praised the STF for treating him “professionally”, also confirmed that he appeared before the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges on Thursday.

As already reported exclusively by The PUNCH, the panel, which is headed by Mr. Gambo Lawan, quizzed Jagaba on the matter.

He admitted telling the panel that “I have no knowledge of such transactions and I am not in custody of any money or any other exhibit given to me by Farouk or any other person.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jagaba-threatens-to-sue-lawan-for-blackmail/
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by visionsen(m): 6:29am On Jul 13, 2012
This case is getting more and more intresting everyday. He even called Lawan a rattled and confused man.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by khadaffi(m): 6:57am On Jul 13, 2012
This case is not getting interesting. As a matter of fact this case is over. The only part of the story we are yet to witness is how that thief (Lawan) will be set free. What else do they want us know. In a more civilised society he should have resigned. Instead i still see people referring to him as Honourable. What is hon about him. Smh

11 Likes

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by Biggyd2: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2012
Hahaha! Hohohoho! Hehehehe! Still Keeping Up with FLawan.

I love this part of today's episode:

"He also said on July 11 the STF arranged a meeting between him and Lawan between 3pm and 4pm.

He said, “In his opening remarks, (Lawan) stated that he reported the matter to me because of my position as the Chairman, House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes and not because I was involved in the bribery saga.

“He also told the police that he involved me in the matter because he thinks that that would enhance his case in court.

We faced each other before the STF. I then put the question: ‘Hon. Farouk, did you give me $500,000 or any money for that matter?’

“This was a question the outspoken Farouk could not answer. He kept mum till I left.”

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by ifihearam: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2012
Even if lawan goes scot free in this bribery scandal,I am very sure that his political career is over.

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by brightmon: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2012
ifihearam: Even if lawan goes scot free in this bribery scandal,I am very sure that his political career is over.
dont be suprise, in 9ja anything can happen. Has someone not won an election while in jail?
Note: he has not been charged with anything and is only suspended as a senator.

4 Likes

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by Claumy2(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2012
National Assembly of Criminals. The least on this Farouk matter has not been heard. I just wish these men could be roasted at once. The are betraying and sabotaging the entire nation. I hate everything that comes out from them. GBAM!

2 Likes

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by pedestal82(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2012
With all this facts on ground, what is the police waiting for ? Why not charge this case
To court and get this thing over with. A useless country I come from Smh

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by emmyitodo: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2012
It baffles me that inspite of the overwhelming evidence that lawal is culpable in this saga it keeps dragging on without being charged to court.
Why has lawan not returned the money he agreed to have collected for whatever reason he has done so?
Pardon my sense of nationality but nigeria is a lost cause.

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by edicolove: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Otedola 3 Facrook 0
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by davies123: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2012
brightmon:
dont be suprise, in 9ja anything can happen. Has someone not won an election while in jail?
Note: he has not been charged with anything and is only suspended as a senator.
He is not even being suspended as a senator he is only being asked to step down as d oil subsidy probe chairman!
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by brownlord: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2012
pedestal82: With all this facts on ground, what is the police waiting for ? Why not charge this case

No, that should not be the question, it ought to be what are we waiting for "u and me" if u are waiting for police to bring this culprit to book, then you should be another joseph the dreamer or pedestal the dreamer, mind you even if joseph dream came to pass, because he waas sold into slavery and actually went to jail, so if we not ready to go through that hastle, pay the sacrifice once and for all to be free from this modern day slavery we are in hands of PDP, then let stop hoping that FL or otes or whoever is guilty in the saga would be penalize, they one family, and one unbrella covers them, so they settle in their own way, and Nigeria we don't even care I LOVE Nigeria, anythin goes
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by gonzaga: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2012
The most intresting part of this post is that; all those diehard farouk supporters are soo quiet. Imagine the heavy blow Jagaba has just given farouk. He said farouk wrote the letter as an after thought, after been rattlled by the scandal.

Farouk achieved a feat of writng a two page letter in 1second!Even if we hate GEJ soo much, let us divorce him from this scandal and compel farouk to answer for this theft. The house of reps is just playing to the gallery, they all agreed to remove those two companies and probably got a share from the loot. THE HOUSE LEADERSHIP MUST RESIGN AND BE PROSECUTED FOR THIS LEGISLATIVE CONSPIRACY!!!
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by jamil2(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2012
We choosed corruption and corrupted people to leads us so what do you expect from them? I was read yesterday the issue involving mrs president however if these kind of folks in the community have talent to defraud the masses (The people who voted them)then tell me how many dependable people should have remained in our midst? We are all aware corruption is what we are celebrated in this nation so let us no complain.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by gawk: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2012
Team otedola was just awarded a penalty for A technical foul/blackmail, it is a goalllllll
otedola -4
farouk - 0
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by lazbay(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2012
Lawan should just accept that its over instead of attempting to cook up more lies. He is dancing naked already & he should put a stop to it.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by jamil2(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2012
brownlord:

No, that should not be the question, it ought to be what are we waiting for "u and me" if u are waiting for police to bring this culprit to book, then you should be another joseph the dreamer or pedestal the dreamer, mind you even if joseph dream came to pass, because he waas sold into slavery and actually went to jail, so if we not ready to go through that hastle, pay the sacrifice once and for all to be free from this modern day slavery we are in hands of PDP, then let stop hoping that FL or otes or whoever is guilty in the saga would be penalize, they one family, and one unbrella covers them, so they settle in their own way, and Nigeria we don't even care I LOVE Nigeria, anythin goes
your brain is sounding very well.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by tinkinjo: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2012
The tide is still against Farouk Lawan. What will he tell us this time.

This is the type of cases in foreign lands where lawyers would advise the accused to plead guilty...but in Nigeria...
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by brownlord: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2012
jamil!:
your brain is sounding very well.

Bros no be abt brainooo, for real Nigerians are been too foolish, I was thinkin this case is even a movie, not knowing is even a season film. Everyweek they release 1 episode, and we all sit in front of computer or phone and get entertain, at the expense of our future and resources been mismanaged by few criminals all in the name of leaders, we are just there trying to try and hope tins we get better somedaay, and our leaders, they know hw to deal with us cos they already know we are fools, everyone is afraid to die, yet the death comes to mmet us even in our various home, count the numbers of death for the past weeks and tell me if we not fool, I knw we going to accept this, but its a shame

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by Pergrace: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2012
brownlord:

Bros no be abt brainooo, for real Nigerians are been too foolish, I was thinkin this case is even a movie, not knowing is even a season film. Everyweek they release 1 episode, and we all sit in front of computer or phone and get entertain, at the expense of our future and resources been mismanaged by few criminals all in the name of leaders, we are just there trying to try and hope tins we get better somedaay, and our leaders, they know hw to deal with us cos they already know we are fools, everyone is afraid to die, yet the death comes to mmet us even in our various home, count the numbers of death for the past weeks and tell me if we not fool, I knw we going to accept this, but its a shame

I feel you bros
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by jamil2(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2012
brownlord:

I am spechless bros things are getting worse day after day.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by AlhajiPastor: 11:25am On Jul 13, 2012
both Farouk and Otedola should be charged to court, the giver of the bribe and the taker are both offenders. lets stop blaming me Farouk alone because he's from the north, you southerners should stop being sentimental. yoruba and hausa are the one destroying Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by slimming: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2012
they know themselves.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by edicolove: 11:40am On Jul 13, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
both Farouk and Otedola should be charged to court, the giver of the bribe and the taker are both offenders. lets stop blaming me Farouk alone because he's from the north, you southerners should stop being sentimental. yoruba and hausa are the one destroying Nigeria.

Did you really type this bull poo? You mean you spent your expensive bandwidth to type this?

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by chioma134: 11:45am On Jul 13, 2012
I think Jagaba is trying to save himself. He may be deeply involved as well.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by visionsen(m): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2012
If Lawan dosen't respond to this then he's really guilty.
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by Okijajuju1(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
edicolove: Otedola 3 Facrook 0

Yes indeed....
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by dammytosh: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :

I don't like taking people up on issues on this forum because I believe everybody is entitled to his opinion but honestly, stupid and foolish opinion like this is one of the reasons Nigeria should not remain one. The amalgamation has done more harm than good.

If not, what has being Notherner or a Southerner got to do with this crap ?

Meanwhile, I agree with the 3-0 score line. The umpires are doing a great job grin

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by cbaba: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
they have shared the money..what are guys still reading! na wa o....
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by waja(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
Must an Hausa man head all the panel? Another Gambo Lawan (Hausa) heading STF, interogating Farogue (Hausa) and Jagaba (Hausa).
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by helphelp: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
edicolove: Otedola 3 Facrook 0

OteDOLLAR 4 FaCROOK 0
Re: Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail by waja(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
pedestal82: With all this facts on ground, what is the police waiting for ? Why not charge this case
. Your wish would have been granted if and only if He was an Igbo man. If U did not toe my line, tell me what Evans Enwerem and Chuba Okadigbo deed b4 they were impeached.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode George Appointed To PDP BoT Panel / Aerial Drone Capture Of Ongoing Nigeria Railway Project - Jere Station / Prince Arthur Eze Sprays Bride And Groom With Bundles Of Cash - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.