Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,508 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:50 PM

Ecowas New Member?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ecowas New Member?? (11109 Views)

Seun New Member Enquiring About Sponsored Post On Home Page / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Advice Frm A New Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2012
WHAT DO YOU think /WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS about Cameroon joining Ecowas? would it be a good move?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by TonySpike: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: WHAT DO YOU think /WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS about Cameroon joining Ecowas? would it be a good move?

ECOWAS, just like SADC is a regional economical (and military) cooperation among African states to accelerate the level of development. In my opinion, I don't think Cameroon can be classified as being a Central African or West African state. Infact, geographical location no longer counts these days; economic and military benefits are more important. For example, I never knew until recently that countries like Angola and DRC are members of SADC. So, if Cameroon wishes to join ECOWAS, it's okay. However, can you tell us what Cameroon intends to offer ECOWAS as a member state. Would be awaiting your response...
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2012
Tony Spike:

ECOWAS, just like SADC is a regional economical (and military) cooperation among African states to accelerate the level of development. In my opinion, I don't think Cameroon can be classified as being a Central African or West African state. Infact, geographical location no longer counts these days; economic and military benefits are more important. For example, I never knew until recently that countries like Angola and DRC are members of SADC. So, if Cameroon wishes to join ECOWAS, it's okay. However, can you tell us what Cameroon intends to offer ECOWAS as a member state. Would be awaiting your response...
Cultural: Nigerian could learn french to facilitate the relation between us.....Transport : Cameroon is four ports(2 international ) and 2 more local by the way another one is being constructed in kribi it will be the biggest port in west and central Africa all can help to avoid/fight against the saturation of the ports in Nigeria and ivory coast and served the countries with no access to the ocean like we do in the cemac(Central Africa chad and Congo...).....Cameroon hydraulic power is the highest in the region so we could supply/sell( make accords) power to others.... Cameroon is a market of 30millions of people i know beside Nigeria with his +150millions of people we look little but we will be a dominant force since he others countries are just underpopulated.In term of security and stability we are an advantage for Ecowas we could easily help nigeria to handle the MED and Boko haram which will probably take Cameroon as their next target since it appears that your government failed/is not able to get rid of them..we could also help the Mali because i can't believe that one of your member is without government and Nigeria do not react .... etc and so on....we are the powerhouse of central Africa with no second ....Cameroon need a concurrence to prosper and shine and we can't do that with our actual members they are boastful in nothing full of themselves etc...so i'm pissed to belong to this useless structure called Cemac...Nigerian can come in Cameroon without visa if they for -90days but i can't even do the same in Gabon it's more complicated to a Cameroonian to go Gabon than any other places in Africa ... Cameroon is the biggest potential in Africa they just don't like concurrence that's why they prefer to play the king in Cemac ... i didn't list the natural resources ..... i can list everything that we can offer if you have the time google cameroon /take a look our wikipedia..etc or everything is not perfect but the the basis are solid(education the e highest rate of literacy in africa) and i believe that if we wnter in ecowas nigerians will stop flooding our market with fake products lol
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by noiseless: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
I really believe the best thing Cameroun should be doing is to work very hard towards the disintergration of Nigeria, so everyone can know their level and ability and not hiding behind the laughable titles, such as "GIANT OF AFRICA,MOST POPULOUS BLACK NATION" etc. all with nothing to show for it and who needs soviet union as neigbour by the way? Somethings has to be balanced and if these boko infidels ever achieve their dreams in Nigeria without disintergration of that country, trust me no country is safe in Africa, it might sound a bit strange but that is what islamic jihadism is all about.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by naptu2: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
Cameroun should join Ecomog to help us battle Boko Haram in northern Cameroun.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by TonySpike: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
naptu2: Cameroun should join Ecomog to help us battle Boko Haram in northern Cameroun.

Bros eee, u don dey assign duty to Cameroon when they never join ECOWAS ni? Well, Cameroon would surely be a great ally in fighting terrorism at the Northern fringes of Nigeria. But fighting terrorism for another country is a dangerous game, ask Kenya how they are coping with Al-Shabab...
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by TonySpike: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
Please Mods, can you move this discussion to the front page? It would be nice to hear this debate from different angles...
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by naptu2: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Boko Haram Hideout Uncovered in Northern Cameroon![/size]

Posted by Information Nigeria in Home » Nigerian News on January 8, 2012 -

The Boko Haram terrorist group has a number of bases in neighboring country, Cameroon.

On New Year’s Eve, the Nigerian government temporarily shut down its land boundaries with Cameroon, Chad and Niger as a means of impeding crossborder activities by militants of the radical Islamic terrorist group, the Boko Haram.

And while the impacts of that decision are only beginning to be felt in Cameroon’s predominantly Muslim northern regions, with reports of rising fuel prices and stranded traders, authorities there are almost certain they have blown the cover on a Boko Haram refuge.

Reports indicate that members of the extremist group are increasingly present in Lagdo, a cosmopolitan settlement in the North Region, following calls for vigilance by local administrative authorities in the regional headquarters Garoua.

“They are easily identifiable with their bizarre dressing.  They wear long beards and red or black headscarves,” Peter Kum, a reporter with the French language daily, La Nouvelle Expression reported Tuesday, January 3.  According to him, since several months Lagdo locals have testified that the strangers are combing surrounding villages and actively preaching anti-Western sermons, establishing units and proposing huge amounts of money to those willing to follow them.

Presiding at a December 15 security coordination conclave devoted to maintaining peace and order before, during and after the 2011 end-of-year festive period, the Governor of the North Region, El HadjGambo Haman did not mince words.  He instructed security forces to be on the alert, noting the increasing influx and presence of Boko Haram militants in parts of the region.

“The Boko Haram being chased from Nigeria’s northeast, as well as thousands of runaway Chadian soldiers in irregular situation here must be closely monitored to avoid unwanted trouble throughout the national territory,” he warned.  Separate sources suspect that the presence of the extremist Boko Haram militants has soared steadily following increasing clampdowns on them by the Nigerian government especially following the Christmas Day blasts that left close to fifty dead.

Security sources and administrative officials in the North Region, speaking on condition of anonymity, say for the time being, there is no need to panic.  They are claiming that intensified intelligence monitoring implies the activities of the terrorists are under control.  “We cannot begin to arrest suspects because the law does not allow for that.  At the moment, they are not breaking the law,” one said.

Following the fatal Christmas Day attacks in Nigeria claimed by the group, authorities in Cameroon’s Far North Region, which also shares porous borders with Nigeria, have also reinforced surveillance.  Several Quran learning centers have been reportedly shut down, while Islam teachers are being closely watched by intelligence operatives.  Many of them are grumbling following several interrogations they have been put through.

Source: The Cameroon Post

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/01/boko-haram-hideout-uncovered-in-northern-cameroon.html

https://www.nairaland.com/841105/boko-haram-base-found-north
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2012
naptu2: [size=14pt]Boko Haram Hideout Uncovered in Northern Cameroon![/size]

Posted by Information Nigeria in Home » Nigerian News on January 8, 2012 -

The Boko Haram terrorist group has a number of bases in neighboring country, Cameroon.

On New Year’s Eve, the Nigerian government temporarily shut down its land boundaries with Cameroon, Chad and Niger as a means of impeding crossborder activities by militants of the radical Islamic terrorist group, the Boko Haram.

And while the impacts of that decision are only beginning to be felt in Cameroon’s predominantly Muslim northern regions, with reports of rising fuel prices and stranded traders, authorities there are almost certain they have blown the cover on a Boko Haram refuge. we killed them all it was just a little group who were trying to take a rest i Cameroon....this article confirm what i'm thinking we have to fight bokom haram together and now if not they will enter in others countries

Reports indicate that members of the extremist group are increasingly present in Lagdo, a cosmopolitan settlement in the North Region, following calls for vigilance by local administrative authorities in the regional headquarters Garoua.

“They are easily identifiable with their bizarre dressing.  They wear long beards and red or black headscarves,” Peter Kum, a reporter with the French language daily, La Nouvelle Expression reported Tuesday, January 3.  According to him, since several months Lagdo locals have testified that the strangers are combing surrounding villages and actively preaching anti-Western sermons, establishing units and proposing huge amounts of money to those willing to follow them.

Presiding at a December 15 security coordination conclave devoted to maintaining peace and order before, during and after the 2011 end-of-year festive period, the Governor of the North Region, El HadjGambo Haman did not mince words.  He instructed security forces to be on the alert, noting the increasing influx and presence of Boko Haram militants in parts of the region.

“The Boko Haram being chased from Nigeria’s northeast, as well as thousands of runaway Chadian soldiers in irregular situation here must be closely monitored to avoid unwanted trouble throughout the national territory,” he warned.  Separate sources suspect that the presence of the extremist Boko Haram militants has soared steadily following increasing clampdowns on them by the Nigerian government especially following the Christmas Day blasts that left close to fifty dead.

Security sources and administrative officials in the North Region, speaking on condition of anonymity, say for the time being, there is no need to panic.  They are claiming that intensified intelligence monitoring implies the activities of the terrorists are under control.  “We cannot begin to arrest suspects because the law does not allow for that.  At the moment, they are not breaking the law,” one said.

Following the fatal Christmas Day attacks in Nigeria claimed by the group, authorities in Cameroon’s Far North Region, which also shares porous borders with Nigeria, have also reinforced surveillance.  Several Quran learning centers have been reportedly shut down, while Islam teachers are being closely watched by intelligence operatives.  Many of them are grumbling following several interrogations they have been put through.

Source: The Cameroon Post

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/01/boko-haram-hideout-uncovered-in-northern-cameroon.html

https://www.nairaland.com/841105/boko-haram-base-found-north
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE][/quote] like the article says those are a little group an inoffensive one proof is there is nattack ....Nigeria is not a little kid but we better join our forces to fight them because what i watch on T.V there is no country who deserve that .....we must blow them out of Africa...and actually Cameroon is safe ... but when thieves are in your neighbor house you are no longer safe except if you are dumb
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by tpia5: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
i just wonder why everybody's miracle is tied to nigeria.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
tpia@:
i just wonder why everybody's miracle is tied to nigeria.
i don't get you
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Yeske2(m): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cultural: Nigerian could learn french to facilitate the relation between us.....Transport : Cameroon is four ports(2 international ) and 2 more local by the way another one is being constructed in kribi it will be the biggest port in west and central Africa all can help to avoid/fight against the saturation of the ports in Nigeria and ivory coast and served the countries with no access to the ocean like we do in the cemac(Central Africa chad and Congo...).....Cameroon hydraulic power is the highest in the region so we could supply/sell( make accords) power to others.... Cameroon is a market of 30millions of people i know beside Nigeria with his +150millions of people we look little but we will be a dominant force since he others countries are just underpopulated.In term of security and stability we are an advantage for Ecowas we could easily help nigeria to handle the MED and Boko haram which will probably take Cameroon as their next target since it appears that your government failed/is not able to get rid of them..we could also help the Mali because i can't believe that one of your member is without government and Nigeria do not react .... etc and so on....we are the powerhouse of central Africa with no second ....Cameroon need a concurrence to prosper and shine and we can't do that with our actual members they are boastful in nothing full of themselves etc...so i'm pissed to belong to this useless structure called Cemac...Nigerian can come in Cameroon without visa if they for -90days but i can't even do the same in Gabon it's more complicated to a Cameroonian to go Gabon than any other places in Africa ... Cameroon is the biggest potential in Africa they just don't like concurrence that's why they prefer to play the king in Cemac ... i didn't list the natural resources ..... i can list everything that we can offer if you have the time google cameroon /take a look our wikipedia..etc or everything is not perfect but the the basis are solid(education the e highest rate of literacy in africa) and i believe that if we wnter in ecowas nigerians will stop flooding our market with fake products lol
Speak English or just STFU.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
Yeske!:
you can simply correct my mistakes.....this can help not "STFU" thanks
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 1:26am On Jul 14, 2012
Do you really want to play third fiddle to GLORIOUS GHANA?? Does west Africa really need 20 million more black French puppets!!! ? If we add Cameroon then why not Chad?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by dasparrow: 1:45am On Jul 14, 2012
Yeske!:

Why the aggresiveness and abusiveness bros? Not nice.

CAMEROONPRIDE: WHAT DO YOU think /WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS about Cameroon joining Ecowas? would it be a good move?

I don't think its a bad idea. I always wondered why Cameroon was not part of ECOWAS to begin with. Maybe your government can ask ECOWAS if you guys can join. I personally won't mind.

SmoothCrim: Do you really want to play third fiddle to GLORIOUS GHANA?? Does west Africa really need 20 million more black French puppets!!! ? If we add Cameroon then why not Chad?

Haba!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 2:56am On Jul 14, 2012
Cameroon is in central Africa and is NOT west African country!!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Do you really want to play third fiddle to GLORIOUS GHANA?? Does west Africa really need 20 million more black French puppets!!! ? If we add Cameroon then why not Chad?
first we are not the puppets of someone please it's not because Biya makes accords with french that Came/Cameroonians are puppets ...2/we are 30millions and if we join Ecowas we will be at least the 2nd powerful country.....Ghana is nothing comparing to Cameroon i say nothing...it's not because an election is approved by the international community that this country is a great country.....Ghana is having an Economic boom but you can neglect what Cameroon could bring to your organization.....lol by the way don't be arrogant i don't think your president can do something without the approval of the USA.....we are taking care of Chad whenever we go they will follow us +-
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Cameroon is in central Africa and is NOT west African country!!
there are some people who will tell you that Chad is in north Africa etc geographically Cameroon is more in West African than in Central Africa we have a strategic position and could easily play the role of bridge between our regions
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 14, 2012
dasparrow:

Why the aggresiveness and abusiveness bros? Not nice.

I don't think its a bad idea. I always wondered why Cameroon was not part of ECOWAS to begin with. Maybe your government can ask ECOWAS if you guys can join. I personally won't mind. Cameroon leaders mediocrity :they love to be considered as the locomotive of the rgion without any efforts we represents 62% of the PIB of Central Africa 75% of the population etc ...we are the leader and when you are the top even among poor people you think you are rich and don't want to make efforts .because if they join Ecowas there will be a lot of concurrence ..and Cameroonians leaders don't like it...if i become president of my county i will leave the Cemac and join Ecowas.

Haba!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:10am On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: first we are not the puppets of someone please it's not because Biya makes accords with french that Came/Cameroonians are puppets ...2/we are 30millions and if we join Ecowas we will be at least the 2nd powerful country.....Ghana is nothing comparing to Cameroon i say nothing...it's not because an election is approved by the international community that this country is a great country.....Ghana is having an Economic boom but you can neglect what Cameroon could bring to your organization.....lol by the way don't be arrogant i don't think your president can do something without the approval of the USA.....we are taking care of Chad whenever we go they will follow us +-
Puppet, you are not half the country Ghana is!! Go to Wikipedia and check!! You would not even be 3rd... Ivory coast is better!!! NO FRENCH PUPPETS!!!! We already have enough!! grin On a serious note I don't think it is possible! If it was put up for a vote I think you would get in MAYBE!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:20am On Jul 14, 2012
Cameroon is 100 percent central Africa and Nigeria is rather 5 percent central Africa... Look at a map!! grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Puppet, you are not half the country Ghana is!! Go to Wikipedia and check!! You would not even be 3rd... Ivory coast is better!!! NO FRENCH PUPPETS!!!! We already have enough!! grin
you are the typical Nigerian who only like anglophone i don't blame you for what you think about Cameroonians ..anyway when you say better is it only in term of economy or in every fields ......wikipedia is not the only way to learn about a country but i will ask you to the same with Cameroon.Cameroon is far better than Ghana and Ivory coast do not even compare ivory coast with Cameroon.. anyway it seems like you are deviating the threads Ecowas i think is not a reunion or an organization created to know who are the powerful...and i will gently ask you to list me your criteria to judge a county..... when you will list your criteria/fields we will check to know the place of Cameroon..and stop calling us puppets Nigeria was the first country to propose the invasion of Ivory coast to remove Gbagbo
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Cameroon is 100 percent central Africa and Nigeria is rather 5 percent central Africa... Look at a map!! grin
who created those maps? i have a map of Africa and i don't get what you mean by 100%in Central Africa i don' get it? if we follow the way you reason is Uganda in east Africa or in Central Africa? where do we place the south-Sudan? why Chad is considered as a Central African country? Maps are just the physical representation of economical/political/geographical interests.....
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:32am On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:39am On Jul 14, 2012
Did Cameroon and Nigeria not have a war with the French fighting on Cameron's side?? NO FRENCH PUPPETS!! grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Musiwa2: 3:56am On Jul 14, 2012
west niger
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by naptu2: 4:45am On Jul 14, 2012
I think it'd be a great idea. Of course the geography doesn't matter, neither does language, etc (Angola is part of SADC, while Rwanda is part of the Commonwealth). The only thing that matters is strategic interests.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by ektbear: 4:56am On Jul 14, 2012
can't hurt, can it
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: [img]http://4.bp..com/-PIinz7PhACw/T8Ho20iTaLI/AAAAAAAACMM/5fUqDDX6PUM/s1600/Central_Africa_Map.gif[/img]
so according to your map Chad is not in Central Africa right? you just confirm my thoughts ... real life is not a map ask a Chadians or someone he will tel you that he/they belong to Central Africa.....in may geographic books Cameroon is listed as a west African country in others as a Central African country...in term of economy politic etc we are in Central Africa but technically the world is not divided in west or east country choose their side period
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Did Cameroon and Nigeria not have a war with the French fighting on Cameron's side?? NO FRENCH PUPPETS!! grin
i thought i knew my country which war are you talking about? are you talking about Bakassi is it what you call a war? you simply don't what a war is.do you?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 14, 2012
ekt_bear: can't hurt, can it
i don't think so Cameroon is the most peaceful country ever....just ask the millions of Nigerians who live there...but it seems like Nigerians are very arrogant and they don't like us this what i read in this forum too many bad names

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Has No Intention To Probe Obasanjo / Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo / Why Presidency Delays Board Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.