Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,021 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others (8808 Views)

PHOTOS: Yabatech Students Protest Death Of Final Year Colleague Today / Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) / Yabatech Students' Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by mukina2: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2012
Some youths suspected to be students of Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, allegedly abducted a Lagos State Traffic Management Authority official and injured three others on Thursday because the traffic officials reportedly accosted them for using the lane designated for Bus Rapid Transit on Wednesday.

The students were said to have also gone to LASTMA Zone 15 Office, Iponri, and vandalised four impounded vehicles in the office.

LASTMA spokesperson, Mrs. Bola Ajao, told our correspondent on the telephone that the students were members of the school’s Students’ Union.

She said, “On Wednesday afternoon, an unregistered Mazda bus with the inscription ‘Yaba College of Technology Students’ Union’ was seen using the BRT lane around Post Office, Oyingbo. The vehicle had eight occupants including one Ademola Adesola, the union’s leader.

“The students became unruly and refused to cooperate with the LASTMA officials headed by Mr. Kayode Odunuga. So, anti-robbery policemen attached to Denton Police Division immediately rushed to the scene.

“After the police intervened, the students then cooperated and the vehicle was taken down to LASTMA Zone 15 office at Iponri. On getting there, the students were made to sign an undertaking which must be typed on a Yabatech letter-head paper. Adesola said he did not have an original but a photocopy of a letter-head paper. Based on compassionate grounds, we accepted it and they were allowed to go.

“On Thursday, however, the students suddenly abducted a LASTMA official, Mr. Obasanmi Oladimeji, who was on duty at Jibowu area. The students then went down to Zone 15 office with two buses; one commercial bus and the red Mazda bus which they used on Wednesday. The students vandalised four impounded vehicles which were on the premises.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/yabatech-students-abduct-lastma-official-injure-three/

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by chumafresh(m): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2012
First to comment..ßμ† dis isn't news
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Jul 13, 2012
How did these agberos gain admission in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by WhoIGoAsk: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Na wa for this naija
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Onyocha: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2012
very sad state of confusion and anarchy.i am not sure who to side with-the unruly and ill-mannered students or the unruly and cash-thirsty lastma looking for excuses to oppress people.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Claumy2(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2012
I'm sure if it was any of these criminals in the National Assembly, LASTMA wouldn't have stopped them. This is what you get in a country where bunch of idiots, criminals and ass-holes are rulers.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Onyocha: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2012
afam4eva: How did these agberos gain admission in the first place?

perhaps if they didn't gain admission,we could have seen them in LASTMA uniform. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by slimming: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2012
That is lawlessness by the students, no matter their action uniform should be respected.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by inspirenet: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2012
slimming: That is lawlessness by the students, no matter their action uniform should be respected.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Flexie(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2012
UP YABATECH bleep dose LASTMA guys dem don do 2 much
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by ZhulFiqar2: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2012
slimming: That is lawlessness by the students, no matter their action uniform should be respected.

so who is to respect whose uniform? is it the lawless LASTMA that should respect the uniform of the students? or is it the agbero and unruly students to respect the uniform of LASTMA? i am confused seriously.

when you have lawlessness in the system,this is what happens.if LASTMA is serious about enforcing the law,they should start arresting police vehicles that use one way and BRT lanes to transfer bank money and move around very wrecklessly.till that happens,LASTMA should please not act as if they're angels.i am not saying what the students did is right and should not be punished.while i believe the students should be traced and severely punished,LASTMA and government personnels should behave themselves in order to gain the trust and respect of the people.they should not be giving a bad example.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by pato405(m): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2012
Onyocha:

perhaps if they didn't gain admission,we could have seen them in LASTMA uniform. grin grin grin

it's just the unruly behaviour inherent in many nigerians. wanton disregard and disrespect for the others particularly when a little power is bestowed on them. Lastma officials feel power drunk in uniforms, on the other hand, students believe they have veto power by virtue of their 'Union govt'. back in the days, some of them feel so drunk they label SUG cars ''Aluta jet'' and blare sirens like mopols grin grin grin grin. they word ''aluta'' alone make them poised for wahala.. grin
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Tsmooth1(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2012
I dont care about this story, since e no go stop make dem no pay me my salary.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by cyril83(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2012
They supposed to have burnt down their office and kill 2 to 3 of them,somebody has to put a stop to all this mess,I don't even know what this so called lastma is turnin their uniform to in lagos,u need to see how these pple display the animal in them when operating...look @ what happend in onitsha task force victimising hawkers,must you oppress pple all in the name of uniform

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by killuminati(m): 11:20am On Jul 13, 2012
Good one joor Yabatech I hail thee. Aluta continua, Victoria ascertagrin fhuck da law jor!
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Okijajuju1(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2012
Students from the Faculty of OPC, Alaye and NURTW science must be the ones responsible... angry
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by prodam(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2012
LEADERS OF TOMORROW INDEED...NIGERIA AS A NATION STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO..
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by dannysoya: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Complete Madness. These are supposed to be students. These are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow. And you wonder why Nigeria is going down the drain. SMH. Plus who is this idiot from gurubase posting his nonsense here? WTF get that shit off the forum.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by segunobe(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2012
Wetin concern agbero with overload
What has anti-robbery policemen got to do with lastma-student palaver?

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by freecocoa(f): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2012
segun-obe:
Wetin concern agbero with overload
What has anti-robbery policemen got to do with lastma-student palaver?
You go fear this country na cheesy.

The next thing we'll hear now is that those students are thieves,which may not be far from the truth sha grin.

On a more serious note,those men in uniforms dey over do for reals,even at that those students should have just behaved but that is what you get in a country like nigeria,everybody wan show power.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Mathewa(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]admin plz ban diz folish guy.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by dammytosh: 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
Why impound the students' vehicle ? In an ideal environment, you will be prevented from entering the lane or told to go back, Failure to do any of these can now attract force in any form.

Not that some one will be waiting for you to enter knowingly or unknowingly before pouncing on your vehicle for money. As long as i respect the law, the students should have been told to go back and use the correct lane or prevented in the first place. I am sure this never happened.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by cbaba: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
afam4eva: How did these agberos gain admission in the first place?
how did THESE AGBEROES GET jOBS IN THE FIRST PLACE?
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Osujonajokross(m): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mrs Gurubase y nt go advertise in ur mama's c.u.n.t?
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by dont8(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
Onyocha:

And if eventually they graduate (that's if), they'll become 'graduate' LASTMA.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2012
Andd every one is abusing lastma. That shows how lawless nigerians has become. Why did they break the law in the first place. There is a laid down law and a penalty, bt nigerians will still prefer short cut and risk their lives.....mtcheew.....car impoundment and fines is done everywhere according to the gravity of the offence. As for me, I like those lastma guys, and they should continue to be dedicated....atleast, before corrupt nigerians take over again......there dedication has really changed the way people drive now in lagos.....cos nigerians don't know traffic rules....they just drive anyhow, anytime they now get arrested they blame officials....mtcheew...yet you want nigeria to change.....I have always said it...and I will always do...that nigerians are the enemies to themselves, not the leaders
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by dont8(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
Walahi, You're the biggest f.ool for quoting a f.ool!
cyril83: you are a f.o.ol

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by comm: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
Onyocha:

are u implying the topic of this post in another way should be "inter agbero's clash"
Onyocha:

are u implying the topic of this post in another way should be "inter agbero's clash"
Onyocha:

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Most Beautiful Hostels In Unilorin / Meet 14-year-old Prakriti Malla " The Girl With The Best Handwriting" / Federal Polytechnic Nekede First Batch Admissions List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.