Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? (26742 Views)

Eating With People I Don't Know? Awkward? / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by hypergig(m): 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
So watz d big deal in it..afterall they are africans..
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Agiliti(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by CeaserB: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
jennykadry: John is not happy sharing that food grin

I think he's more concerned about the beef and he's ready to beef any lady and comes in the way of him grabbing that meat first. grin
I can imagine him singing "me I no be gentleman at all" in his mind.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by otokx(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
cool
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by jaja77: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
Get a job !!!
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by sharpshap(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
Wetin dey so special about am? Abeg find beta topic joor! FELA don talk am finish.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by CeaserB: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
But him putting down someone that is speaking their local dialect is idi.otic. And i didn't say "they" I said him, not the people that don't speak their language. And its the internet, its not like im gonna go shoot him directly in his house(I dont even know the guy sef). Dangg nigerians have to be so serious about everything *Rolls eyes*

I understand your point. Some people can't stand people speaking a local dialect they don't understand in public. Freedom of speech is everyone's right so putting someone down because they are speaking their local dialect is an abuse of their right to speak.
We all are free to speak whatever language we desire so long we ain't abusive towards one another.

On a personal note though, I can't speak any local dialect fluently, maybe it's because I never grew up learning one. But I like the Nigerian languages (igbo, yoruba and hausa especially).
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by rash47(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
And so, is too normal

So, she even get her own crip for newyork, dis ghanians don go...
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by lynxpro(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
And if i must ask what's wrong with speaking your local dialect?? this is why half of those children born to nigerian parents in diaspora don't even understand their parents language.!! People like you should be shot.

I tire o! See post-colonialism o!
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by mekaboy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
JOHN DUMELO IS SURELY NOT HAPPY, THESE LADIES WON FINISH HIM FOOD. grin grin grin grin
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by madumadu(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
nothing gross about it if you ask me....she looks sexy and hot that all i can c...lol..,..
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by buchibabe: 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Whoever posted dis thread is a fake dumb-ass. Wen did it become gross to eat wit ones hands?na waooooo. So many silly and immature folks on nairaland. So dey shuld hv used fork n knives to enjoy dia local delicacy abi?mtchewwwwwwww. U tink evryones as fake as u are? Fake pple like u hv never eaten salad and ur forming cleanliness
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by kq(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
In many parts of the Asian culture, Indians, Arabics, Malays and even some Chinese, they eat with their hands and they are never ashamed or question it and they do maintain an appreciable level of hygiene even while. I once had a Malaysian boss and we bought TFC rice for lunch one day with chicken, the guy dug straight into it with his hands and he was neat about it not messy or anything. They maintain a good level of hygiene if you ask me and eating with your hands does not mean you are dirty neither does eating with cutlery make you neat.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Ivynwa(f): 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
I am very surprised to see this making the front page and to see that whoever pasted it, removed my own topic of the thread which was reading[b] "Where should we draw the borderline of eating with fingers?[/b] into Yvonne Nelson eating with her fingers. We all eat one thing or the other with our fingers, what I was trying to find out is opinion on the health implication of many persons dipping fingers in one plate of soup.

Who is the moderator that did this please kindly change back my topic for me,WTFr*ak!

I am very busy right now and have no time to nairaland now, when i come online I will try and understand what went on with this. Is the person more interested in getting clicks that they did not care about the poster's thread and what a poster is really talking about. Why can' this moderator open another thread reading Yvonne Nelson eating with her hands. Abeg make I do more important things before attending to this-----
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Ivynwa(f): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Missy_B: There's no need crying unnecessarily, please!

It's a very simple question - 4 people dipping their ball of eba into the same plate of ogbono soup, is it gross or cool[b]?[/b]

Missy_B:
I think, as usual, lots of nairalanders are being overly sentimental over nothing.
The question wasn't posed in regard to eating without cutlery, but with regard to 4 people sharing one plate of ogbono soup.
We know how messy that thing can be . . .before the 2 people at the extreme ends get their ball of eba into their mouth, the ogbono must have dripped everywhere. tongue

[b]To clear the air : The OP didn't pose the question, I did . . .[/b]I included it to give you all something to agree and disagree on. smiley
Even though I'm getting the desired result, I'll like to remind y'all that it's necessary to keep the comments civil. wink

Oh I am just seeing this. Missy B you did that? I can't believe that you retitled my thread and even added your own words to the thread. I just deleted the words you added there.
Please find a way to change back the topic sweetheart. You ended up giving the thread another meaning, where is this done? You can open another thread to find out what you want please. Leave the topic of the thread as it was. Don't write something else I didn't say and have my name appended to that, that isn't right I am sure you understand.
Handle this right sweetie, I have got things doing right now and do not have the time on my hands to see this set right right away.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by LoveKing(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
Im lost, Is this nairaland or shitland?

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Onuokwu: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nonsense. What difference does it make if they are in Kumasi or New York?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
j
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
ebamma: i eat with my fingers everyday i will post a picture of me eating so that it can be placed on the front page

Hahaha...only if you be celeb ooo
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Dhelake: 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
ifihearam:

Must you people always expose how local you are??shuooooo
Ejo lo fero
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by envirotreat: 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
whether in the comfort of her home or in public,however she likes,make she chop if you no like am,you leave the place,afterall she dint call you to join her.And for all those who speak against,i dislike pretenders adn such persons are worse with cutleries,all them know na jst a set of cutlery if them serve them two or three course at once,them go fall hand.Ride on babe!
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Okay,what's next?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by jevic(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
There is nothing wrong with her eating with her fingers.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by pendo89(f): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
I am right this min eating chicken with rice,using my hands on the chicken.
But if ur talking about several hands being dipped in the same bowl? that I am not comfortable with.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
People are truly jobless.
Are they not human beings?

So I take it it would also be news headline when someone sees Ini Edo leave a toilet.
As in, "we were not aware she pooped" shocked shocked shocked angry
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
What's the big deal about someone eating with their fingers?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by steffans(m): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
who is Yvoone Nelson undecided undecided undecided
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Isn't that how we eat? Where's the news?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by blackbeau1(f): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Shuo.y do Nigerians like acting foreign? What's wrong with eating with your hand? And after this,you people will be the first to condemn people who are bleaching
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Ivynwa(f): 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
pendo89: I am right this min eating chicken with rice,using my hands on the chicken.
But if ur talking about several hands being dipped in the same bowl? that I am not comfortable with.

My dear, you are just about the handful of persons making sense in this thread right now because what I set out to see is the reaction of people over the health implication of many persons dipping hand in one plate of soup and not about eating with fingers. There are many things we can't help but eat with fingers so I can't be asking that kind of question. A moderator changed up the whole thread and titled it "Yvonne Nelson eating with her hands' and even added "Gross or what?" to the thread. I am so astounded at this kind of moderating style and audacity.

I can't write "Yvonne Nelson eating with her fingers" and paste for people in the internet and the word "gross" is not in my vocabulary much more me writing that and asking people whether it is gross or not. This is an amazing misrepresentation of another person. I have deleted the things she wrote in my original post and retitled it back but I still don't like that the title she has in the homepage is saying something different from the thread.

I know that sometimes they summarize a thread to paste on the homepage but giving it a different title and meaning is overstepping boundaries. The moderator was even in this thread saying that she posed the question herself to see what people will say and was even here gladdening up over the s-tupid responses she is getting in the thread. What kind of attitude is that? Why can't she open another thread with her name and ask people whatever she wants to ask than type something and make me out as if I typed that. I am not finding this fr*aking attitude funny right now and is not ready to let this spoil my beautiful friday. Where are the moderators and Mukina? Can somebody come and change that homepage topic to reflect what my thread is talking about because my thread has been misrepresented by that. Why did she even make a casual thread like that a homepage topic and went as far as distorting the meaning and using the thread to get the opinion she needs. I don't understand that. What is going on in this website?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Cheggoon(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
ifihearam:

Must you people always expose how local you are??shuooooo
u r nuffin bt a mad fat dog.....cos the guy speak his language now...don mak him a local person....MUMU..I pity ur condition.....cos u will stil go on extintion...
And by the way wetin be ur family house address for america or UK......?
Na pple like una dey form wetin dem no be...pshweeee nonsense
#themiddlefingerforu#

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by MissyB3(f): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ivynwa:

Oh I am just seeing this. Missy B you did that? I can't believe that you retitled my thread and even added your own words to the thread. I just deleted the words you added there.
Please find a way to change back the topic sweetheart. You ended up giving the thread another meaning, where is this done? You can open another thread to find out what you want please. Leave the topic of the thread as it was. Don't write something else I didn't say and have my name appended to that, that isn't right I am sure you understand.
Handle this right sweetie, I have got things doing right now and do not have the time on my hands to see this set right right away.
The title of your thread was not changed by me, but by either the admin or Mukina, I'm too lazy to check.
If your thread is or was modified, it is for the benefit of errr. . . whoever it may concern.
And yes, your thread (title) can be modified or made to appear on the HP regardless of how you feel about it.

My dear, you are just about the handful of persons making sense in this thread right now because what I set out to see is the reaction of people over many persons dipping hand in one plate of soup and not about eating with fingers. There are many things we can't help but eat with fingers so I can't be asking that kind of question. A moderator changed up the whole thread and titled it "Yvonne Nelson eating with her hands' and even added "Gross or what?" to the thread. I am so astounded at this kind of moderating style and audacity.

I can't write "Yvonne Nelson eating with her fingers" and paste for people in the internet and the word "gross" is not in my vocabulary much more me writing that and asking people whether it is gross or not. This is an amazing misrepresentation of another person. I have deleted the things she wrote in my original post and retitled it back but I still don't like that the title she has in the homepage is saying something different from the thread.

I know that sometimes they summarize a thread to paste on the homepage but giving it a different title and meaning is overstepping boundaries. The moderator was even in this thread saying that she posed the question herself to see what people will say and was even here gladdening up over the s-tupid responses she is getting in the thread. What kind of attitude is that? Why can't she open another thread with her name and ask people whatever she wants to ask than type something and make me out as if I typed that. I am not finding this fr*aking attitude funny right now and is not ready to let this spoil my beautiful friday. Where are the moderators and Mukina? Can somebody come and change that homepage topic to reflect what my thread is talking about because my thread has been misrepresented by that. Why did she even make a casual thread like that a homepage topic and went as far as distorting the meaning and using the thread to get the opinion she needs. I don't understand that.

Ogugua if you are reading this please help me change that homepage link to my topic because it is reading different from my thread or you can help me draw the attention of the super moderator to that. What is going on in this website?
Why cry over nothing?
You should not let the not-so-cool comments of some posters get to you, I cleared the air for that purpose.

I didn't touch a word of your post - Not in the title, not in the body.
I only included a question to give posters something to argue about . . . If I hadn't, I doubt they would have had something to discuss.
However, if you're offended, I apologize.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Okro Stew / See The Sweet Crunchy Popcorn I Made In 5 Minutes With 3 Ingredients (Pic,Video) / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.