Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More (3837 Views)

The 'God' Of Christianity Is An Alien Called Enlil. Discuss. / Bible God And His Share Of Virgins And Other War Booty / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
Surely.

Take away all the esoteric biblical descriptions of ''the lord descended on me in a hail of lights'' etc and we can see that what those ancients were witnessing were extraterrestrials with advanced technology.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by jayriginal: 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ancient Aliens and an Infinite Oneness perhaps undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
Seriously, if anything in the bible is true, it HAS to be episodes of alien encounters. Encounters with aliens with advanced technology which the people were too primitive to describe in the technical terms of today. Surely no one thinks that literal winged 'angels' flew around in the past? Or that 'chariots of fire' were literal chariots of fire? How gullible can you be to accept such fairytales? Obviously these were merely technologically advanced alien beings in advanced flying vessels similar to the UFOs that many people see today.

One more thing. Even when we examine our traditional religions, our creation stories also attest to beings who 'came from the sky'. In Yoruba religion for instance, Oduduwa is said to have come down from the sky on a rope given him by Olorun etc etc. It' a recurring theme in all the world's religions - beings who came from the sky and were regarded as 'gods' by the people on earth. Obviously at some point these beings departed, but the worship of them continues.

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
Bump
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
i discovered that after reading the book of genesis, the sumerian text, the anunnaki, the book of Enock and english quran. every ancient culture has this story of a god coming from the sky.

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2012
^^AFRICAN cultures as well: African creation stories are told symbolically - but always involve 'gods' descending from the sky to fashion man into being and teach him how to love etc.

Examples:

The Yorùbá regard Olódùmarè as the principal agent of creation.
In another telling of the creation myth, Olódùmarè (also called Olorun) is the creator. In the beginning there is only water. Olódùmarè sends Obatala to bring forth land. Obatala descended from above on a long chain, bringing with him a rooster, some earth, and some iron....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yor%C3%B9b%C3%A1_religion

The origin myth of the Igbo of eastern Nigeria runs parallel to that of the Yoruba. It narrates how in the beginning Eri, the Igbo mythic hero, came down from the sky. Having descended at Aguleri, a village in the present Anambra State of Nigeria, in the company of his wife, Namaku, he sat on an ant-hill as the land was waterlogged. Later Chukwu Okike sent a blacksmith to dry up the land with fire and charcoal and bellows. The couple subsequently begot four children, namely, Nri, Aguleri, Igbariam, and Amanuke in that other. From these, it is believe, sprang the Igbo race and, by implication, the world. (Afigbo, 1981:36-45)

http://www.heavensgate-ng.com/stories/models_and_patterns_of_myths_of_origin.htm

Ethiopia:
Wak was the creator god who lived in the clouds. He kept the vault of the heavens at a distance from the earth and covered it with stars.

http://www.mythome.org/creatafr.html

Ekoi

The Ekoi are an etnic group in southern Nigeria.

In the beginning there were two gods, Obassi Osaw and Obassi Nsi. The two gods created everything together. Then Obassi Osaw decided to live in the sky and Obassi Nsi decided to live on the earth. The god in the sky gives light and moisture, but also brings drought and storms. The god of the earth nurtures, and takes the people back to him when they die. One day long ago Obassi Osaw made a man and a woman, and placed them upon the earth. They knew nothing so Obassi Nsi taught them about planting and hunting to get food.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mitos_creacion/esp_mitoscreacion_0.htm
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Santi222(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2012
Na wa oh.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
Man was created by advanced extraterrestrials, not directly by God.

Also, African religions, such as Igbo and Yoruba religions teach that in the beginning, these 'gods' from the sky created imperfect or deformed beings, in their attempts to create man. The attempt at creating man was done by melding their alien DNA with that of various earth animals through genetic engineering. So their first attempts were often beings that looked half human, half bird, or half horse etc etc. We can easily see that this was the case when we observe ancient Egyptian and ancient Nok artefacts, dated several thousands of years old:

Ancient Egypt:

Ancient Nok Statue (Nigeria)

Only after several centuries of trial and error were the gods finally able to create Man by melding their alien DNA primarily with that of earth hominids. It is that alien DNA infusion that makes man so physically different and superior in intelligence and mental ability to the rest of the world's living beings.

This account of man's creation is replicated in the Sumerian texts and other ancient creation accounts from across the world.

The bible is just a condensed, and highly simplified version of the true creation accounts as known to the ancient peoples of the world.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 18, 2013
This is very correct. My research about the extraterrestrial gods of Oshun Oshogbo lead mt to this articles.

I realize that several civilization all over the planet all have the same beliefs in gods coming from the sky. The most popular are the gods of the Bible.I have no doubt they were extraterrestrials.

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by zubike01(m): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2013
ifeness: This is very correct. My research about the extraterrestrial gods of Oshun Oshogbo lead mt to this articles.

I realize that several civilization all over the planet all have the same beliefs in gods coming from the sky. The most popular are the gods of the Bible.I have no doubt they were extraterrestrials.

Aliens are not Gods follow this link and get my point http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/ or watch on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Rossikk(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2013
ifeness: This is very correct. My research about the extraterrestrial gods of Oshun Oshogbo lead mt to this articles.

Thank you.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 24, 2013
991: i discovered that after reading the book of genesis, the sumerian text, the anunnaki, the book of Enock and english quran. every ancient culture has this story of a god coming from the sky.

You can examine just about EVERY religion including the traditional religion of your village today, and you will find the exact same reference to ancient 'gods', some of whom were our creators - who arrived from the sky in deepest antiquity.

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 24, 2013
The Bible is not exempt:

[size=15pt]Ezekiel's Wheel:[/size]

Excerpts:

Ezekiel Chapter One is one of the most puzzling and amazing chapters in all of The Bible. The prophet Ezekiel clearly has a "close encounter" with something "extra-terrestrial", from a technology "not of this world."

Many Christians and their Pastors are literally terrified of Ezekiel One as it suggests that 'God' came to Ezekiel in a "Spaceship". Although this is not a cause to fear, it does raises the question, "Why does God need a spaceship?" This question opens the door for New Agers and others to step up and tell us that, "YHWH GOD of The Bible has a spaceship because he is an Extra-Terrestrial, an Alien Space Traveler and not "God" at all!"

What is The Truth? What did Ezekiel really encounter? Let's read what Ezekiel saw and more important, what he wrote."

Ezekiel chapter One

1Now it came about in the thirtieth
year, on the fifth day of the fourth
month, while I was by the river Chebar
among the exiles, the heavens were
opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month in the
fifth year of King Jehoiachin's exile,
3 the word of the LORD came expressly
to Ezekiel the priest, son of Buzi,
in the land of the Chaldeans by the
river Chebar; and there the hand of
the LORD came upon him.)

As I looked, behold, a whirl-
wind was coming from the north,
a great cloud with fire flashing
forth continually and a bright
light around it, and in its midst
something like glowing metal in
the midst of the fire.

5 Within it there were figures
resembling (J)four living beings
And this was their appearance:
they had human (K)form.

13 In the midst of the living
beings there was something that
looked like burning coals of
fire, like torches darting back
and forth among the living beings.
The fire was bright, and lightning
was flashing from the fire.

15 Now as I looked at the
living beings, behold, there was
one wheel on the earth beside the
living beings, for each of the four

16 The appearance of the
wheels and their workmanship was
like sparkling beryl, and all four
of them had the same form, their
appearance and workmanship being as
if one wheel were within another wheel

25 And there came a voice from
above the expanse that was over
their heads; whenever they stood still,
they dropped their wings.

26 Now above the expanse that
was over their heads there was
something resembling a throne,
like lapis lazuli in appearance;
and on that which resembled a
throne, high up, was a figure with
the appearance of a man.

27 Then I noticed from the
appearance of His loins and upward
something like glowing metal that
looked like fire all around within
it, and from the appearance of His
loins and downward I saw something
like fire; and there was a radiance
around Him.

28 As the appearance of the
rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day,
so was the appearance of the
surrounding radiance such was the
appearance of the likeness of the
glory of the LORD And when I saw it,
I fell on my face and heard
a voice speaking.

Spaceship? With revolving lights and fire from retro burners?

Clearly, this man has encountered a powerful extraterrestrial entity in a spacecraft, whom he describes as ''The Lord God''.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by PastorKun(m): 3:49pm On May 24, 2013
@Rossike
Ezekiel chapter One

1Now it came about in the thirtieth
year, on the fifth day of the fourth
month, while I was by the river Chebar
among the exiles, the heavens were
opened and I saw visions of God.

The very beginning of the chapter you are quoting makes it very clear that Ezekiel was talking about a vision he saw and not an actual physical encounter, why misrepresent facts to sustain your case
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 24, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Rossike

The very beginning of the chapter you are quoting makes it very clear that Ezekiel was talking about a vision he saw and not an actual physical encounter, why misrepresent facts to sustain your case

Stop deceiving yourself. What sort of ''vision'' does a pre-industrial age cattle rearer get and start seeing flight-capable vehicles spinning around with wheels? The man described what he saw. To him it must have felt like a dream or a 'vision'.

Ezekiel described a flying, spinning, glowing metallic object that ascends and lands in front of him.
In the modern age, thousands have seen flying, spinning, glowing objects that ascend and descend just like the objects described by Ezekiel. It is not illogical to assume that these craft we see today and call UFOs are the exact same crafts they were describing in the bible in ancient times.

And what do you say about Elijah and the 'Chariot of Fire'?

What do you consider the 'Chariot of fire' to represent?
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by PastorKun(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Stop deceiving yourself. What sort of ''vision'' does a pre-industrial age cattle rearer get and start seeing flight-capable vehicles spinning around with wheels? The man described what he saw. To him it must have felt like a dream or a 'vision'.

Ezekiel described a flying, spinning, glowing metallic object that ascends and lands in front of him.
In the modern age, thousands have seen flying, spinning, glowing objects that ascend and descend just like the objects described by Ezekiel. It is not illogical to assume that these craft we see today and call UFOs are the exact same crafts they were describing in the bible in ancient times.

And what do you say about Elijah and the 'Chariot of Fire'?

What do you consider the 'Chariot of fire' to represent?

Bros i am not deceiving myself rather it is you that is jumping into conclusions as the passage you quoted clearly stated it was a vision and not a physical occurrence. Until you prove otherwise i can safely conclude that you are making assumptions. However the case of Elijah seems more plausible to prove your case though you made a mistake by labelling it "chariots of fire" when in actual fact it was described as a "chariot drawn by horses of fire" this means that the flying chariot was 'powered' by fire instead of real horses which bears a simitude to mordern rockets today which emit fire when they take off.

So bros i am not disputing you i just want you to get your facts right before jumping into conclusions.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Niflheim(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2013
@ROSSIKE,long time,a powerful and thought provoking post as usual!!!I noticed that so many people around different parts of the world have this legend of the sky Gods descending to Earth!!!...............................I have a long list of them:

1.Umvelinqangi is the Sky God from the Zulu mythology. He has a voice like thunder and is known to send down lightning bolts. He descended from heaven to marry Uthlanga, and is said to have created the primeval reeds from which Unkulunkulu emerged. Separate but related histories attribute male and female gender to a god with the same name and similar attributes.

2.In Australian aboriginal mythology, the Numakulla (or Numbakulla) were two sky gods who created all life on Earth, including humans, from the Inapertwa. Afterwards, they became lizards. The Numakulla are sometimes described as a dual-aspect deity rather than two separate deities.

3.Khonvoum is the supreme god and creator of the Bambuti Pygmy people in central Africa. He is the 'great hunter', god of the hunt, and carries a bow made of two snake which appears to mortals as a rainbow. He rules the heavens and when the sun sets, he gathers pieces of the stars and throws it at the sun so that it may rise the next day in its full splendor. He contacts people by means of the mythical elephant Gor (the thunderer) or through a chameleon. Khonvoum created black and white people from black and white clay, and the Pygmies from red clay. For them he also created the jungle with its lush vegetation and animal life.

4.In Celtic mythology Taranis was the god of thunder worshipped essentially in Gaul, the British Isles, but also in the Rhineland and Danube regions, amongst others.Taranis was associated, as was the cyclops Brontes ("thunder"wink in Greek mythology, with the wheel.The wheel, more specifically the chariot wheel with six or eight spokes, was an important symbol in historical Celtic polytheism, apparently associated with a specific god, known as the wheel-god, identified as the sky- sun- or thunder-god, whose name is attested as Taranis by Lucan.[8] Numerous Celtic coins also depict such a wheel. It is thought to correspond to a sun-cult practiced in Bronze Age Europe, the wheel representing the sun.

5.Indra Śakra is the leader of the Devas or gods and the lord of Svargaloka or heaven in the Hindu religion. He is the god of rain and thunderstorms.He wields a lightning thunderbolt known as vajra and rides on a white elephant known as Airavata. Indra is one of the chief deities and is the twin brother of Agni, said to be born of Dyaus Pitar (Father Heaven) and Prithvi Mata (Mother Earth).He is also mentioned as an Aditya, son of Aditi. His home is situated on Mount Meru in the heaven.He has many epithets, notably vṛṣan the bull, and vṛtrahan, slayer of Vṛtra, Meghavahana "the one who rides the clouds" and Devapati "the lord of gods or devas"

6.In Turkic mythology,Tengri is a pure, white goose that flies constantly over an endless expanse of water, which represents time. Beneath this water, Ak Ana ("White Mother"wink calls out to him saying "Create". To overcome his loneliness, Tengri creates Er Kishi, who is not as pure or as white as Tengri and together they set up the world. Er Kishi becomes a demonic character and strives to mislead people and draw them into its darkness. Tengri assumes the name Tengri Ülgen and withdraws into Heaven from which he tries to provide people with guidance through sacred animals that he sends among them. The Ak Tengris occupy the fifth level of Heaven. Shaman priests who want to reach Tengri Ülgen never get further than this level, where they convey their wishes to the divine guides. Returns to earth or to the human level take place in a goose-shaped vessel.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Rossikk(m): 11:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hmm... what happened to this thread?

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by biafranqueen: 12:13am On Sep 03, 2013
You scared them off this is too much for must pple
Rossikk: Hmm... what happened to this thread?
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 03, 2013
Rossikk: Hmm... what happened to this thread?
Lets revive it then !!!

If such Alien Astronaut is Supreme in Force and Power i.e Limitless then U should be correct !!!

If NOT, U re absolutely wrong in absolute sense !!!

We need to eradicate this picture of assuming a Man with Beard somewhere as GOD !!!

I am a Muslim and I cherish Pragmatism as I believe God is never Subjective !!!

1 Like

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by biafranqueen: 1:03am On Sep 03, 2013
donroxy: Lets revive it then !!!

If such Alien Astronaut is Supreme in Force and Power i.e Limitless then U should be correct !!!

We need to eradicate this picture of assuming a Man with Beard somewhere as GOD !!!

Really you are a rare gem!

2 Likes

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 03, 2013
biafranqueen: Really you are a rare gem!
Da'alu Nne!!!
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Rossikk(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
donroxy: Lets revive it then !!!

Ok.. before we start getting facts and stats from elsewhere, let's just use some basic common sense here.

Can you as a man now say that you believe that an actual chariot of fire flew up into the sky with a man inside?

Of course you know it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

So what is the next step? You try to make sense of what the observer is explaining. From what we know today, the most plausible explanation was that the person met intelligent extraterrestrials with advanced technology who used powerful flying craft.

Now the only thing that a barely literate, pre-industrial era Moses or Ezekiel who encounters such a thing would say is ''Oh My lord has come in all his glory and his might! And the heavens shone like a thousand stars! And his angels [the pilots] emerged from the glory of his magnificence!''

Now, OUR problem today is that because of the religious character imbued on these stories by christians etc, an absurd literalism has made adherents regard these reported incidents as actual encounters with God Almighty!

But the minute you shed the religious garb, ie step out of the box, disregarding alleged punishments for 'unbelief' etc, you start to think a lot more clearly.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2013
Rossikk:

Ok.. before we start getting facts and stats from elsewhere, let's just use some basic common sense here.

Can you as a man now say that you believe that an actual chariot of fire flew up into the sky with a man inside?

Of course you know it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

So what is the next step? You try to make sense of what the observer is explaining. From what we know today, the most plausible explanation was that the person met intelligent extraterrestrials with advanced technology who used powerful flying craft.

Now the only thing that a barely literate, pre-industrial era Moses or Ezekiel who encounters such a thing would say is ''Oh My lord has come in all his glory and his might! And the heavens shone like a thousand stars! And his angels [the pilots] emerged from the glory of his magnificence!''

Now, OUR problem today is that because of the religious character imbued on these stories by christians etc, an absurd literalism has made adherents regard these reported incidents as actual encounters with God Almighty!

But the minute you shed the religious garb, ie step out of the box, disregarding alleged punishments for 'unbelief' etc, you start to think a lot more clearly.
Religion has hold the assertion of extra-human since how many centuries that they were being rebuffed by Scientists as Voodoo .....

The Plausibility of such occurence has now been resolved by modern scientist and study is now going in that branch of science tagged ExoBiology

To me, Science is not a knowledge in itself but a means to Knowledge as such I don't expect us to limit our database of knowledge to where database of science stops !!!

Today, we are studying AstroBiology, what do we know we may find out behind those extra-terrestial body ?

So for now, Religion neither hurt nor bite and until Logical reasoning (Science) proves otherwise, Religion rules and their doctrines

The Chariot of Fire may be some kinda rocket ............... God must actually be using some technology which Human are yet to decipher and yes don't forget ........Almighty is OMNIKNOWLEDGE

The only reason pure scientist rebuffed Religion is Substance[b] i.e Religion do not substantiate biblical claims .......

Now, How many years will it take us to [b]Substantiate or decipher the technology/formular behind the Mystery of our Universe

So,Go figure bros until contrary theory, Religion doctrines still hold sway
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by adino(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2013
Very Very interesting thread, where are the pastors and bible mis-quoters hmm. They have all ran away. I am a Catholic Christain, But personally I am a Free Thinking Christians. One thing that is very clear is that the present day Christianity is a man made religion and certainly not what Jesus Christ would want us to be. The funny thing is that Our Lord's name was actually not Jesus, we (men) Re-Christened Him. His name is actually ''YASHUA''.
Up till this day and age certain Christian Denomination still call Him ''YASHUA''.
Things are definitely not what they seem to be.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
Very interesting topic.Plaetton and ifeness made me interested in this topic once.Would read more on this soon.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by caesaraba(m): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thought - provoking topic.
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
Some Genesis verses to make you go ''hmmmmmmmmm! A powerful alien perhaps, but NOT ''God''.''

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.....

Genesis 2:21 - And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in that place.

Genesis 3:8 - And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking.....

Genesis 3:9 Then the Lord God called to the man and said "Where are you?"

Genesis 3:22 Then the Lord God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us''
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by caesaraba(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Genesis 2:21 - (Start of Surgery) "And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man (Anasthesia?), and he slept;....... then He took one of his ribs(cloning?), and closed up the flesh in that place (End of surgery).

Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
caesaraba: ROSSIKE:

Genesis 2:21 - (Start of Surgery) "And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man (Anasthesia?), and he slept;....... then He took one of his ribs(cloning?), and closed up the flesh in that place (End of surgery).

Absolutely... Well done! wink
Re: The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More by PastorKun(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Absolutely... Well done! wink

Obviously you have been watching too many editions of ancient aliens on history channel. tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reflection/homily: Fifth Sunday Of Easter Year C (april 28 2013) / OPINION:Why I Advise Bornagain To Choose Celebacy To Marriage / What Is Halloween?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.