Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Can Vb.net Window Program Be Connected To An Online Database? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Vb.net Window Program Be Connected To An Online Database? (1401 Views)

I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net / Vb.net Crystal Report & Dataset / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Vb.net Window Program Be Connected To An Online Database? by kollex003: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
Please I have an Idea but it has to be a window based program that can receive file from online database... as in the case of antivirus (updating antivirus).
Re: Can Vb.net Window Program Be Connected To An Online Database? by xcube09(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2012
Try using ADO.NET disconnected Data and with web service such as WCF.
Re: Can Vb.net Window Program Be Connected To An Online Database? by AZeD1(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2012
Yes you can connect a windows program to an online database. All you need is the connection string.
Re: Can Vb.net Window Program Be Connected To An Online Database? by Ajafik(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
You can, 1. The connection string must be to the database hosted on the server online. 2. The program must be connected to the internet when trying to save to the repository.

(1) (Reply)

If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter / Need A Good PHP Programmer For A Project / Please Help! How Can I Be A Self-taught Programmer/developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.