Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? (3323 Views)

Baifra Ipob Modus Operandi Have Changed They Won't Be Peaceful Again / APC Calls For Inquiry To Unravel Boko Haram Sponsors, Modus Operandi / Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by OmanIman: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2012
Its no news that BH sect members have targeted Christians all along howevr,the bombing of a mosque in Maiduguri just to target d Shehu of Brono seems to have taken a new dimension o!Boko also claimed responsibility for the killing of a Senator and State House of Rep member in Jos recently.So does this mean they have shifted their focus?R we now to expect more attacks on politicians instead of Christians?What's your take on this?Also,how can we tackle this clear and present Danger?
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Kobojunkie: 1:42am On Jul 14, 2012
There is nothing as annoying as people acting as if all things are new. @Poster, if you don't have a clue on the BokoHaram group, you are best getting yourself some needed education on Google.com. It is free and available for you. This is the information age and ignorance is not bliss, neither is creating a new thread only so you can showcase it.

BokoHaram has killed so many more Muslims than Christians to date. Boko Haram not too long ago killed Shehu's brother, and Boko haram has targeted numerous mosques in the near past. Again, ignorance is not bliss and I urge that rather than pretend the group is faceless, like your President continues to, you at least get down to doing some research of your own.

4 Likes

Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by OmanIman: 1:52am On Jul 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: There is nothing as annoying as people acting as if all things are new. @Poster, if you don't have a clue on the BokoHaram group, you are best getting yourself some needed education on Google.com. It is free and available for you. This is the information age and ignorance is not bliss, neither is creating a new thread only so you can showcase it.

BokoHaram has killed so many more Muslims than Christians to date. Boko Haram not too long ago killed Shehu's brother, and Boko haram has targeted numerous mosques in the near past. Again, ignorance is not bliss and I urge that rather than pretend the group is faceless, like your President continues to, you at least get down to doing some research of your own.
U obviously fail to get the point!No one is saying muslims have not been victims of this menace as well.Hwevr,if u read it well as any intelligent person shld,then frm d topic,u wld know the main focus is the fact that BH is now targeting politicians and dignitries...really some pple shld have simply completed primary education!SMH shocked

5 Likes

Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Jul 14, 2012
Boko Haram has killed politicians in the past too. The last time they got his brother. Like I said, this is not the first time Shehu has been targetted. Now they come for him again. Please consult google for information.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 5:19am On Jul 14, 2012
OP, who killed ANPP’s Borno State gubernatorial candidate, Alhaji Modu Fannami Gubio (a cousin of Ali Modu Sheriff), in January 2011?
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by vb0mb(m): 5:31am On Jul 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: There is nothing as annoying as people acting as if all things are new. @Poster, if you don't have a clue on the BokoHaram group, you are best getting yourself some needed education on Google.com. It is free and available for you. This is the information age and ignorance is not bliss, neither is creating a new thread only so you can showcase it.

it is obvious from your statement that you are the one that is in need of more research. How can you say BH has killed more moslems than christians? Everybody in the globe is aware that BH has killed and is still killing christians.

4 Likes

Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by tobechi74: 5:33am On Jul 14, 2012
Boko haram has always been against govt not christians
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 5:36am On Jul 14, 2012
Boko Haram has most likely killed more muslims than christians (they've been killing muslims since 2004, but it's when they started killing christians that it came to the attention of people in the south). They've killed imams, etc, who don't agree with their brand of islam.

1 Like

Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Tsmooth1(m): 6:31am On Jul 14, 2012
I
suspect that friday bombing was carried out by Oritsajafor's boys i.e
CAN. Have u eva notice that when a suicide bomber die, they would say it
is Mustapha, Ahmad and co. but when they are caught u will found out
that they are either Jesus, Abraham, Moses, John e.t.c Abeg shine ur
eyes.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 6:43am On Jul 14, 2012
T-smooth:
I
suspect that friday bombing was carried out by Oritsajafor's boys i.e
CAN. Have u eva notice that when a suicide bomber die, they would say it
is Mustapha, Ahmad and co. but when they are caught u will found out
that they are either Jesus, Abraham, Moses, John e.t.c Abeg shine ur
eyes.

Here we go again smh.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by sizzlers(m): 6:56am On Jul 14, 2012
at op, yes they v changed their tactics simple answer
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by werepeLeri: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2012
For those of us who cant google- please provide us statistics to prove the sayings that BH has killed more Muslims than Christians.

So, this is to say, BH is trying to turn Nigeria into a Christian state as against what we have heard them say over and over that they want to turn Nigeria into a Muslim state and that all infidels (Christians) will continually be massacred.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2012
Who said 'All xtians in Nigeria must convert to Islam or know no peace'?
was it Oritsejafor or who?
please I cant remember again, can you please remind me?
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2012
1) Who is a "true muslim"?

2) Was Usman Dan Fodio's jihad against christians, animists or muslims? (Read the letters that were exchanged between the Sokoto Caliphate and Kanem-Bornu).

3) Have Al-Qaeda'a attacks in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan been against muslims, christians or animists or all of the above?
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2012
The sooner we unite to confront this madness, the better for all of us (ask the tribes in Pakistan and Afghanistan what happened to them).
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by jujukemist(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2012
from the time of prophet Mohd muslims are always on the defensive. I pity you all.unfortunately Bokoharam are more sincere muslims than you all hypocrites-munafikun-a surah in your Quran.All you have been doing is to prove that BH is also killing muslims as if you are scared of what christians would do to you guys. Well for those who need some real Bokoharam education listen;
1.Bokoharam has killed more Imams than pastors= VERY TRUE
2.Bokoharam is bombing mosques like churches too=INTERNATIONAL LIE
3.BH attack muslims who disagree with them any how, including their mosques,by gunfire, not by suicide bombing,even the shehu attack is outside the mosque.
4 .They are attacking christians, because the quran says they should, if islam must be in all nigeria.The people of the book are a threat to islam anyday anytime grin they jealous our freedom!
5.Abeg google THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BOKOHARAM, to know the truth.Muslims dont have ans to BH because they dont know their quran

2 Likes

Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 8:45am On Jul 14, 2012
What we are dealing with here is not christian vs muslim, north vs south, hausa vs berom or whatever; what we are dealing with is fascism pure and simple.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Kobojunkie: 8:48am On Jul 14, 2012
vb0mb:

it is obvious from your statement that you are the one that is in need of more research. How can you say BH has killed more moslems than christians? Everybody in the globe is aware that BH has killed and is still killing christians.

Um . . . misinformation is part of what is fueling this nonsense. Boko Haram has been killing muslims in large numbers since the beginning of their rampage, even more since they went REGULAR with their killings. Yes, there have been Christian victims, but the vast majority remain muslims, and Northerners.

Even Congress, on Tuesday, made this clear to Nigerians, when Oritsejafor showed up to have his concerns heard. Boko Haram has been going after muslims, especially those they consider "moderate". Not certain how they know who is moderate and who is not but we know the group has killed some politicians and attacked imams.

This is not to say that I believe all of the attacks are done by Boko Haram. In fact, yesterday's attack, like the one in June, does, and february, does not seem to be the work of the group but because the media claims it is so, we either accept it is all Boko Haram or we accept that things are not as they seem.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2012
Boko Haram doesnt change strategy, remember that if a political opponents sends off a 15 yrs old boy with bombs on his backpack and tell him if you rush and embrace that Governor, you have 72 virgins in paradise, meanwhile hold this 10k naira...for shinkafa...after eating shinkafa, the boy proceeds on assignment for 72 virgins and there is suicide explosion, it will be called "Boko Haram"
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by adewasco2k(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2012
BH's are acting as directed by their bosses
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by amosy007: 9:21am On Jul 14, 2012

[b]BokoHaram has killed so many more Muslims than Christians to date. [/b]Boko Haram not too long ago killed Shehu's brother, and Boko haram has targeted numerous mosques in the near past. Again, ignorance is not bliss and I urge that rather than pretend the group is faceless, like your President continues to, you at least get down to doing some research of your own.
are u high on sum sort of kobojunk or just being sentimental? Where did u get statistics that boko has killed more muslims than christians?
I can give u names of more than 10 churches that boko haram has attacked with nothin less than 50 victims at each attack... How many mosques has being attacked? It either they find bomb planted in mosque or the bomb will go off outside mosque with less victims!
Stop sayin dis kind tin on public forum na

2 Likes

Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Kobojunkie: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2012
amosy007:
are u high on sum sort of kobojunk or just being sentimental? Where did u get statistics that boko has killed more muslims than christians?
I can give u names of more than 10 churches that boko haram has attacked with nothin less than 50 victims at each attack... How many mosques has being attacked? It either they find bomb planted in mosque or the bomb will go off outside mosque with less victims!
Stop sayin dis kind tin on public forum na

You mean in over 50 reported Boko Haram bombings since about 3 years ago(lets start with the yar adua years), because 10 churches you know have been bombed, means more Christians have been killed, especially for a group that started out bombing civilians in crowded places in Norther towns and cities? Really? undecided undecided undecided

This has nothing to do with sentiment but the fact that what many people chose to believe contradicts the facts that are know of all this. This is part of why our Government continues to drag it's feet when it comes to tackling the problem . . . these are beyond people you can sing kumbaya to at the end of the day.
Again misinformation is part of the problem here. I remember not too long ago, people also tried to claim that the targets were Southerners and Christians. Today the killings are become regular but we can still count the number of Churches that have been targeted so far.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by amosy007: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2012
tobechi74: Boko haram has always been against govt not christians
ma wo odeh!! Are churches government orgarnisations?

If they are against government why cant dey go to aso rock or national assembly to go and bomb them their..

Very stupiid post
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Murphy7h4: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2012
I like this.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by amosy007: 9:33am On Jul 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You mean in over 50 reported Boko Haram bombings, because 10 churches have been bombed, means more Christians have been killed, especially for a group that started out bombing civilians in crowded places in Norther towns and cities? Really? undecided undecided undecided
1st they have bombed more than 10churches ..
2.. Can u give me just three public places boko haram has detonated bomb apart from d one that happened in kaduna... In which u cant say only muslims died becoz there is high number of christians in kaduna

3... Do u have any reasonable statistics of probably well accepted link to back up ur claim of boko haram killing more muslims?
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by amosy007: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2012
adewasco2k: BH's are acting as directed by their bosses
yeah their bosses u mean alqeda
and founder of religion of Piss
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by naptu2: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2012
See! People don't even know that Boko Haram started carrying out attacks in 2003 (during the presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo) and that Boko Haram members were first arrested in 2005.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Kobojunkie: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2012
amosy007:
1st they have bombed more than 10churches ..
2.. Can u give me just three public places boko haram has detonated bomb apart from d one that happened in kaduna... In which u cant say only muslims died becoz there is high number of christians in kaduna

3... Do u have any reasonable statistics of probably well accepted link to back up ur claim of boko haram killing more muslims?

Start naming all the churches you know have been bombed so far. This will be good exercise to help us in debunking some of the claims that have been floating around on Nairaland .
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by namfav(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2012
not the first time a mosque has been attacked, i think mosques (especially for people who go to pray who are critics) have been targets before churches, more imams have been killed than pastors, educate yourself

OmanIman: Its no news that BH sect members have targeted Christians all along howevr,the bombing of a mosque in Maiduguri just to target d Shehu of Brono seems to have taken a new dimension o!Boko also claimed responsibility for the killing of a Senator and State House of Rep member in Jos recently.So does this mean they have shifted their focus?R we now to expect more attacks on politicians instead of Christians?What's your take on this?Also,how can we tackle this clear and present Danger?
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by amosy007: 9:51am On Jul 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Start naming all the churches you know have been bombed so far. This will be good exercise to help us in debunking some of the claims that have been floating around on Nairaland .

ok i will refer u too..
WWW.GOOGLE.COM.NG
click search and type number of churches bomb.. I hope that helps
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by Kobojunkie: 9:52am On Jul 14, 2012
amosy007:

ok i will refer u too..
WWW.GOOGLE.COM.NG
click search and type number of churches bomb.. I hope that helps

You said you could list em . . . and I would really love to see your list of 10 which you claim you can give. And don't forget that each has to have at least 50 victims for record.

amosy007: I can give u names of more than 10 churches that boko haram has attacked with nothin less than 50 victims at each attack...

Plus I doubt that a search on "Boko Haram 50 victims and Churches" will probably not yield much.
Re: Has Boko Haram Changed Its Modus Operandi? by qualified(f): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2012
Kobojunkie, who are u, BH spokesman, member etc?

Wht are ur basis for ur claims? Defending their actions cos u are scared, on or religious grounds? Wht has Christians done, are they d govt? How can anyone justify d killing of Christians in a country that support Freedom of worship?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real Jagaban - Pics / Nigeria Vows To Shut Down Radio Biafra - BBC / Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.