Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Firstbank Visa Naira Creditcard: Is It Really What I Need? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstbank Visa Naira Creditcard: Is It Really What I Need? (1847 Views)

Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions / My Experience With Firstbank / Get The Firstbank Share Application Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Firstbank Visa Naira Creditcard: Is It Really What I Need? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 14, 2012
Please, i would like to know if it's better for me to get the GT bank mastercard or better still, the firstbank visa naira credit card. I am out of the country in one of the carribean islands and need an account through which my parents can easily send me money. Up till now, i've been using GT bank accounts of some friends (using their mastercard to withdraw over here), but I think we all understand that is not a very good option. Of recent, i told my dad to open an account with GT bank and send the mastercard to me, so things would get easier. But GT bank is not that very accesible to him (i.e. not close to our area), he has a better access to Firstbank. But when i searched on the internet, the terms and conditions of getting a First Bank mastercard was too high, so, i told him to still open with GT bank. Just yesterday, i got an e-mail from firstbank about their Firstbank Visa Naira Creditcard but i don't want to just jump at it without knowing it that is what i really need. All i need the card for is:
(i). I need an account my parents can always pay into easily without the whole stress of wire transfer
(ii). I need a card i would be able to use on an ATM machine anywhere and
(iii). I need a card i can use to make my online payments.
So, which one should i go for? the GT Bank master card (not easily accesible) or the Firstbank Visa Naira credit card (it's just a stone-throw from my house)? Thanks a lot for your responses.
Re: Firstbank Visa Naira Creditcard: Is It Really What I Need? by 2sexy(m): 6:57am On Jul 14, 2012
alutacontinua: Please, i would like to know if it's better for me to get the GT bank mastercard or better still, the firstbank visa naira credit card. I am out of the country in one of the carribean islands and need an account through which my parents can easily send me money. Up till now, i've been using GT bank accounts of some friends (using their mastercard to withdraw over here), but I think we all understand that is not a very good option. Of recent, i told my dad to open an account with GT bank and send the mastercard to me, so things would get easier. But GT bank is not that very accesible to him (i.e. not close to our area), he has a better access to Firstbank. But when i searched on the internet, the terms and conditions of getting a First Bank mastercard was too high, so, i told him to still open with GT bank. Just yesterday, i got an e-mail from firstbank about their Firstbank Visa Naira Creditcard but i don't want to just jump at it without knowing it that is what i really need. All i need the card for is:
(i). I need an account my parents can always pay into easily without the whole stress of wire transfer
(ii). I need a card i would be able to use on an ATM machine anywhere and
(iii). I need a card i can use to make my online payments.
So, which one should i go for? the GT Bank master card (not easily accesible) or the Firstbank Visa Naira credit card (it's just a stone-throw from my house)? Thanks a lot for your responses.
I don't know much about GTB or Firstbank, but I can speak of UBA Africard. Its a great card. And I have bought services with it online. You pay in Naira but shop in Dollars.

(1) (Reply)

Fraud: Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Covenant Perazim Investment Partners In Crime / After 13 Years, World Trade Center Reopens For Business / A Storey Building Hostel Of 30 Bedsitters For Sale In Ogwashi Uku In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.