Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (213539 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thanks for your golden piece of thought.
donkunzman:
About retention, continuous application of learned material will help. Also, the contents overlap - sort of; you will need what you've learned in some areas in others.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by nobleudeme: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mustay:
Aiit.

Guys have provided links here. PM me anyways, lemme send you some links.
hello Mustay, tried sending you a mail but was prompted to wait for a while pls here's is my email (nobleabey@gmail.com) i'll be grateful if yu can assist with those links too. Trying to prep for level 1 by june.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by donkunzman: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016

7 Likes

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
Yes i got one,
New Frontiers Learning Centre,
20b, Amodu Tijani off Sanusi Fafunwa. VI.
Have you gotten one?[/quote]
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by analystk: 5:48am On Jan 23, 2016
First Quartile Professionals resume classes for June 2016 (Levels 1 - 3) with Open Day today, Saturday January 23, 2016 at 11am.

Venue is Patsy Plaza, Ebitu Ukiwe Street, opp RCCG Desire of Nations, beside Madugu Hotel, Jabi Abuja.

We also have Texas Instruments BA II Plus and HP 12C calculators for sale at good prices.

Call 08088289520.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 5:51am On Jan 23, 2016
I have been expecting your SMS as s discussed on phone.

analystk:
First Quartile Professionals resume classes for June 2016 (Levels 1 - 3) with Open Day today, Saturday January 23, 2016 at 11am.

Venue is Patsy Plaza, Ebitu Ukiwe Street, opp RCCG Desire of Nations, beside Madugu Hotel, Jabi Abuja.

We also have Texas Instruments BA II Plus and HP 12C calculators for sale at good prices.

Call 08088289520.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 5:51am On Jan 23, 2016
I have been expecting your SMS as we discussed on phone.

analystk:

Call 08088289520.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by sixteen08(m): 6:02am On Jan 23, 2016
permsec:
Yes bro. I read Banking and Finance in sch.

Thanks bro, I never knew i can get such materials for free. let me begin with the search right away.

But how do i get to know an updated material?

Just incase my e-mail is jeffreyokoli@gmail.com. Thanx bro.
try using 4shared
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by analystk: 6:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Thought you said you'd send me sms with your own number. I didn't see that. That's why I didn't send any. Please sms now and I'll reply
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by QuantAnalyst: 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
wallmosh:
I have been expecting your SMS as we discussed on phone.

I just PM you sir.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
analystk:
Thought you said you'd send me sms with your own number. I didn't see that. That's why I didn't send any. Please sms now and I'll reply

Ok
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
QuantAnalyst:

I just PM you sir.
OK Sir
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Hashimu: 12:01am On Jan 27, 2016
Starting the class in late January? Is it not late for someone writing June exams?

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2016
Qbank , Audio , notes available. Irfanulah Videos also available on request.

Call 08025822587 for more details.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2016
FRM study materials also available.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
Call 08025822587 for ERP FRM CFA Study materials; Video Audio and Notes.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by asneg(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
Pls what is the naira equivalent if am registering for Dec exam now. Thank you.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ariel20:

Scheweser, but go through all the summary pages of CFA original material and practise all the blue-box questions and practise questions

Thanks for your support. How's your exam?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by analystk: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
First Quartile Professionals will hold Intensive Review Classes for June 2016 L1 and L2 CFA exams.
Date: Apr 30 - May 6, 2016
Time: 9am - 6pm daily
Venue: Suite A12, Patsy Plaza, Ebitu Ukiwe Str, opp RCCG Desire of Nations, Jabi Abuja.

The Review will cover all the LOSs. It also includes a mock exam on May 14 2016.

Please call 08088289520 for more information.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Samchuky(m): 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
asneg:
Pls what is the naira equivalent if am registering for Dec exam now. Thank you.
Someone should please help us out with the answer to this quoted question
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by black101(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
Your question is somehow, but level 1 is $1,310 at N323= N423,130 then i'm assuming your next questions would be how do you pay. naira MasterCards now have monthly limits on web transactions, GTBank is capped at $1,000 while Zenith Bank is $500 and for no particular reason I'm going to assume that you are doing level 1 and the price of that for late registration/currently is $1,310 split into $450 registration and $860 for level 1 registration and ebook, so we have a constraint here. And I dont think you can split level 1 payments to CFA so what options are available to you
a.) get a domiciliary account in USD (i don't know whether these are not capped but i think they are as well), fund it with $1,400 then i believe you should be able to transfer the $1,310 to the cfa jp morgan account at a fee of $70.
b.) you buy $1,310 and give it to someone you trust that is going back to united states to pay into JP Morgan account.

Maybe I didn't get your question.
Samchuky:

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Samchuky(m): 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
black101:
Your question is somehow, but level 1 is $1,310 at N323= N423,130 then i'm assuming your next questions would be how do you pay. naira MasterCards now have monthly limits on web transactions, GTBank is capped at $1,000 while Zenith Bank is $500 and for no particular reason I'm going to assume that you are doing level 1 and the price of that for late registration/currently is $1,310 split into $450 registration and $860 for level 1 registration and ebook, so we have a constraint here. And I dont think you can split level 1 payments to CFA so what options are available to you
a.) get a domiciliary account in USD (i don't know whether these are not capped but i think they are as well), fund it with $1,400 then i believe you should be able to transfer the $1,310 to the cfa jp morgan account at a fee of $70.
b.) you buy $1,310 and give it to someone you trust that is going back to united states to pay into JP Morgan account.

Maybe I didn't get your question.
Thank you very much sir for your reply. I intend bypassing the card payment option , because the exchange rate "is not smiling" at the moment. I will weigh the domiciliary option.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by TuslowT: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Samchuky:

Hi, it's quite possible to pay for CFA with the bank rate of 199 to the dollar, I know this because I've done. Go to your bank and ask them for Form A. It's a form used for school fees payments. They will ask you for 2 things.
Invoice which shows the total cost of the payment and its destination. This invoice you can get easily when registering for the exam, when u get to payment option, just pick wire transfer instead of card payment, the invoice will be sent to your mail box.
Now the possible complication comes with the second item they will ask you to provide which is the proof of admission. What I did was log into my profile on the CFA website and print out that page. Some banks might accept this as proof of admission, others may not. Some banks don't even give out form A at all for CFA payment as they will insist it's for only school fees, ie, University payments.

I was determined however (mainly because I didn't have enough money to pay at 330 exchange rate) and eventually found a bank that accepted to do the transaction for me, I will not mention their name cos that will be like an advert. But it was quite easy, after I opened the account (normal naira savings account, not dorm) , I filled the form A and the naira equivalent was deducted from my account, along with their charges, the total bank charge was only 10k.
So my advice is ask around, especially if you have friends working in the bank, ask if form A will be accepted for CFA payment.
Let me just analyse how much you can save by using form say.
Paying via card at 325naira * 1300 dollars= 422k
Paying with form A at 199* 1300= 258k +10k bank charge = 268k
Total savings is 154k, I don't know about you, but that's a lot of money.
That's my opinion anyway, it's what I've done, a whole lot of people don't know about and are wasting their money. Hope this helps some people.

3 Likes

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Samchuky(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2016
TuslowT:

Hi, it's quite possible to pay for CFA with the bank rate of 199 to the dollar, I know this because I've done. Go to your bank and ask them for Form A. It's a form used for school fees payments. They will ask you for 2 things.
Invoice which shows the total cost of the payment and its destination. This invoice you can get easily when registering for the exam, when u get to payment option, just pick wire transfer instead of card payment, the invoice will be sent to your mail box.
Now the possible complication comes with the second item they will ask you to provide which is the proof of admission. What I did was log into my profile on the CFA website and print out that page. Some banks might accept this as proof of admission, others may not. Some banks don't even give out form A at all for CFA payment as they will insist it's for only school fees, ie, University payments.

I was determined however (mainly because I didn't have enough money to pay at 330 exchange rate) and eventually found a bank that accepted to do the transaction for me, I will not mention their name cos that will be like an advert. But it was quite easy, after I opened the account (normal naira savings account, not dorm) , I filled the form A and the naira equivalent was deducted from my account, along with their charges, the total bank charge was only 10k.
So my advice is ask around, especially if you have friends working in the bank, ask if form A will be accepted for CFA payment.
Let me just analyse how much you can save by using form say.
Paying via card at 325naira * 1300 dollars= 422k
Paying with form A at 199* 1300= 258k +10k bank charge = 268k
Total savings is 154k, I don't know about you, but that's a lot of money.
That's my opinion anyway, it's what I've done, a whole lot of people don't know about and are wasting their money. Hope this helps some people.
I am really grateful for this guide you provided. You really addressed some questions that had bothered me for some time, especially on the Wire Transfer Option. Thank you very much
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by johnduomiller: 11:30am On May 03, 2016
For CFA level 1 Schweser is more than enough, provided you do it seriously. grin

This might help you . https://prepsmarter.com/blog/from-novice-to-mastery-in-minutes/
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 7:39pm On May 03, 2016
Selling Study Materials, Qbank, Notes, Secret Sauce, Video and Audio..

For details , call 08025822587
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 1:18pm On May 22, 2016
johnduomiller:
For CFA level 1 Schweser is more than enough, provided you do it seriously. grin
This might help you . https://prepsmarter.com/blog/from-novice-to-mastery-in-minutes/
donkunzman:
Best thing is for you to find what works for you, I've had the luxury of time while studying for both levels. So I've always been able to go through the curriculum and use Schweser where the curriculum is verbose and confusing, and solve MANY exam-like questions under exam conditions - sort of.
Make a note while studying so you will be studying your notes when you're done with the curriculum or whatever third party material you're using. Helps. Generally, whatever study skills you've adapted yourself to in University should suffice.
permsec:
Thanks bro.
You are far too kind.

Wishing all good preparation mode that yield excellent ahead of the upcoming June diet.

Please kindly share your experience or perception in going by road or by air for the exam discussing possible challenges and advantages in any of the means either the one you encountered or heard from others.

Thanks

Aibee21:
Yes i got one,
New Frontiers Learning Centre,
20b, Amodu Tijani off Sanusi Fafunwa. VI.
Have you gotten one?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by nitrogen(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2016
wallmosh:

Wishing all good preparation mode that yield excellent ahead of the upcoming June diet.

Please kindly share your experience or perception in going by road or by air for the exam discussing possible challenges and advantages in any of the means either the one you encountered or heard from others.

Thanks

Go by air, road journey is rough and tiring.......takes a day while it's just 45mins by air.

From experience.

Hope this isn't coming at the wrong time?

All the best.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wallmosh: 3:29pm On May 26, 2016
nitrogen:

Go by air, road journey is rough and tiring.......takes a day while it's just 45mins by air.

From experience.

Hope this isn't coming at the wrong time?

All the best.

Thanks for your reply.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
For CFA Materials, Notes, Audio, Qbank, Secret Sauce, Video .. Call 08025822587, Hard and Soft Copy available.

Also Available , FRM and Energy Risk ERP Text Books.

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
st2clem:
For CFA Materials, Notes, Audio, Qbank, Secret Sauce, Video .. Call 08025822587, Hard and Soft Copy available.

Also Available , FRM and Energy Risk ERP Text Books.
Your contact is not going through
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Porbably poor network, You can try calling or send a whatsapp message, will respond promptly,
anyaekekehinde:

Your contact is not going through

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.