Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? (13341 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / 5 Reasons Why Online Job Search Is A Waste Of Time / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
I've bn submitting my CV's online since 2010, but no employer has replied for once! @4bobo: i sent "yes" to d etisalat code, but i got football reply!
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by quemark(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
MLS12:

Even in naija most of my hubby's friends got deir job online.dey wrk in portharcourt.

@MLS12, drop the url link or dos sites or mail me at dayolagos@gmail.com
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by MLS12(f): 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
Insanity:

That's great. Subsea7 is a very good MNC..which site did he submit his resume at? Rigzone? Oilcareers? Oilgrads? I have my resume in those sites though am just a fresh graduate with little or no experience in the oil industry. Am still hoping to hear from one those companies one day, but for now, i want to pay for my resume to be appraised, i guess the possibility of them calling me will increase if my little experience is been showcased in a professional format. Please , help me with any other site u feel has a good recruiter/jobseeker networking ratio.

It all still depends on years of experience.dey hardly advertise for freshers,so u ve 2 do sumtin abt dat.will ask him for oda sites
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by idtiwo: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
get an etisalat line. Text 'yes' to 38051 to suscribe to jobs via text. You will thank me later.All those jobs you will never see anywhere with their deadline or fastest alert before going online or viral,so not to worry about all those web portals. But only 5naira per text deduction which shld not bother you anyway.

How do one unsubscribe after getting the job?
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by idtiwo: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
get an etisalat line. Text 'yes' to 38051 to suscribe to jobs via text. You will thank me later.All those jobs you will never see anywhere with their deadline or fastest alert before going online or viral,so not to worry about all those web portals. But only 5naira per text deduction which shld not bother you anyway.

Subscribing to the above will be fetching you football alert and not job alert.Pls ignore if wat u need is job alert.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Kennycee(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2012
MLS12: .

Online is not a waste of time,my hubby is a mechanical engineer who got a job online.a very good job in Norway,oil comPany 2 be precise.d company its Subsea7,u can check dem online.and d pay is so fantastic.and relocation wit family is inclusive.d visa and everytin was taken care by dem.so wat am I saying?it has worked for a lot of pple around mi although it still depends on ur years of eXperience and if ur Cv is pretty attractive.so dnt be discouraged,as far as u re good in ur field.I ve sum Good sites where U can register Ur CV.what did U study?

MLS,can u plse send me the sites u have that some one can apply,thanks
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Kennycee(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2012
My mail is talk2sjoe@yahoo.com,thanks in anticipation
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Kennycee(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2012
Some times,I wonder what is happening,whether this online application is feasible and whether they favour some people in a particular state,Can somebody advice me on any strategy to follow and d way forward
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Idowusaheed: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2012
Pls jst give out dat site in oda to help dos who nids it pls..... God wil help us.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by tessyade: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2012
Interesting response to this thread. @op online application is not a waste of time, i got my present job through online application. Yes some companies dont value it but most organisation(especially the good ones) recruit via online application.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by halimatfola: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2012
dis thing u people are saying is reality becos ave submitted my cv online n didn't get any message up till now
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by ismail09: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
[/color]
abdulkayus: Ope oooooooo, first tym my topic got to front page. Back to business, am really impress wit d contributin from every1, it really boost my morale to continue applyin online and i have also consider submittin my hard copy CV also in some cases.
[color=#770077]
abdulkayus: Ope oooooooo, first tym my topic got to front page. Back to business, am really impress wit d contributin from every1, it really boost my morale to continue applyin online and i have also consider submittin my hard copy CV also in some cases.

Ur topic got 2d front page cus it sensible n concern many, the same applies 2 online appl Cv is considered mostly on merit
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by upengineer: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
This weekend alone, i came across two aderts here on nairaland.com, the first is Transactions officer position in Acess Bank while the second is a vacancy on a FPSO. I wonder how we lookup jobs self. I am typing this reply from my work location and i got the job from nairaland. It is either you are applying for wellness home all the time thinking you are applying for jobs OR you dont know how to search for GENUINE JOBS ONLINE. There are still better jobs out there, IMPROVE ON YOUR JOB SEARCHING SKILLS
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by marriedvirgin: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2015
The answer is no.It is even preferable because it gets received faster than snail mail
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by texybaby(f): 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
MLS12:

Online is not a waste of time,my hubby is a mechanical engineer who got a job online.a very good job in Norway,oil comPany 2 be precise.d company its Subsea7,u can check dem online.and d pay is so fantastic.and relocation wit family is inclusive.d visa and everytin was taken care by dem.so wat am I saying?it has worked for a lot of pple around mi although it still depends on ur years of eXperience and if ur Cv is pretty attractive.so dnt be discouraged,as far as u re good in ur field.I ve sum Good sites where U can register Ur CV.what did U study?

Pls can I get in touch with u for enquiries please...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by HillaryD(f): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
upengineer:
This weekend alone, i came across two aderts here on nairaland.com, the first is Transactions officer position in Acess Bank while the second is a vacancy on a FPSO. I wonder how we lookup jobs self. I am typing this reply from my work location and i got the job from nairaland. It is either you are applying for wellness home all the time thinking you are applying for jobs OR you dont know how to search for GENUINE JOBS ONLINE. There are still better jobs out there, IMPROVE ON YOUR JOB SEARCHING SKILLS
pls can you put me through.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by esherizdan(f): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
online job applicatn is d fastest way of getting job i got my first two jobs here on nairaland and just dis thursday i got a job with an ngo am awaiting training .just kip trying and dnt lose hope
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by kaypompey(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
MLS12:

please forward these sites to me thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nestle Aptitude Test-dragnet / Special Appeal To All Employers Of Labour And HR / Amaiden Energy Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.