Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. (10117 Views)

Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria / Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? / Getting An International Driving Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by olabukola: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2012
Please can somebody confirm to me if full UK licence is accepted by FRSC on Nigerian roads. Am due to come back by next week and i intend to drive but i have no Nigeria licence.

Please help a brother.
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
olabukola: Please can somebody confirm to me if full UK licence is accepted by FRSC on Nigerian roads. Am due to come back by next week and i intend to drive but i have no Nigeria licence.

Please help a brother.

I use my UK license to drive all the time in Nigeria and have used it for over 20 years with no issues whatsoever. The only downside is you have exposed yourself as a JJC.
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by mastro: 9:52am On Jul 15, 2012
If you can afford to fly into Nigeria, then you can afford to spend N6k on a licence and save yourself aggravation with Police VIO etc.
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by olabukola: 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
Thank guys, i think i will just do a nigerian licence since you are not required to do practical and theory test. It will serve me for another ten years.
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by Daytawlar: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
According to this website, you need an IDP to drive in Nigeria with a UK license. Hope this helps
http://www.rac.co.uk/idp/where-do-i-need-an-idp/
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by Lexusgs430: 4:40am On Jul 25, 2012
Daytawlar: According to this website, you need an IDP to drive in Nigeria with a UK license. Hope this helps
http://www.rac.co.uk/idp/where-do-i-need-an-idp/

I have never used an IDP, and I doubt if the Nigerian Police or FRSC, knows what an IDP is?
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by femmy2010(m): 5:18am On Jul 25, 2012
Lexusgs430:

I have never used an IDP, and I doubt if the Nigerian Police or FRSC, knows what an IDP is?

Even if most of them FRSC guys don't know,someday you might be disturbed by one that knows so best to get the IDP or a Nigerian Driving license .
Re: Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
femmy2010:

Even if most of them FRSC guys don't know,someday you might be disturbed by one that knows so best to get the IDP or a Nigerian Driving license .

Laws are meant to be broken !!!

(1) (Reply)

Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha / Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? / Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.